SF3 Evil Ryu Updated (Read 19932 times)

Started by xvynx, April 10, 2008, 10:46:35 pm
Share this topic:

vyn

SF3 Evil Ryu Updated
#1  April 10, 2008, 10:46:35 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Update time, been working on this one for quite some time and loving the result so far, pretty much remade 50% of the character, realigned sprites, remade most animations, sf3 timings for basics and gethits, better clsns, damage dampener, high res hitsparks, new gameplay mechanics, dark hadou stats, etc etc

The whole point of the update was balance and smoothness, AI is kinda basic but ill focus on that once i get feedback on his new gameplay and features

Download here:

http://www.freewebs.com/xvynx/

Re: SF3 Evil Ryu Updated
#2  April 10, 2008, 11:27:34 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
I got some more.

Very nice update. Ryu hits pretty hard. Although I played on 150% setting because that what my main mugen is set to and I did training mode but so he used supers more often but he takes of a good amount of damage. Sometimes to much but it be different if id vs him in survivial probably so its not that bad. But some super do take of a rather big chunck.

Very, very rarely when you do the super fireball wave where you see the hyper portrait p2 can be inbetween his arms and the fireball wave and just stand there w/o getting hit. petite cvs bodies and definately chibi characters.

Connects are good and fun to do and supers have awesome effects and after sounds. Aint much on my end here but I didnt catch anything out of the ordinary really. I overwrote your older version of Ryu for this one so hes more fun to .vs
#3  April 10, 2008, 11:44:36 pm
  • Im Foxy Roxy Sexy!
    • www.youtube.com/profile?user=RoboShinKen
isnt this attack supposed to hit twice?

the top is the before pic and the bottom is the after pic ..... other than that its a good update
My Newly Made GIF
Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 12:00:04 am by RoboShinKen/Vash
#4  April 11, 2008, 12:05:50 am
    • www.wix.com/Gmasta/mugen-page
nice update i like dis one because the last ver his fireballs did not show up and did u cancel your cvsken and cvs ryu wips

my site http://www.wix.com/Gmasta/mugen-page NEW RELEASE
A shame. Thats how the MUGEN world is, sadly

vyn

#5  April 11, 2008, 02:31:18 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
isnt this attack supposed to hit twice?
the top is the before pic and the bottom is the after pic ..... other than that its a good update

it does but while testing it some more i guess x velocity is a bit too high, second part of the kick is overhead btw, ill check this

I got some more.

Very nice update. Ryu hits pretty hard. Although I played on 150% setting because that what my main mugen is set to and I did training mode but so he used supers more often but he takes of a good amount of damage. Sometimes to much but it be different if id vs him in survivial probably so its not that bad. But some super do take of a rather big chunck.

Very, very rarely when you do the super fireball wave where you see the hyper portrait p2 can be inbetween his arms and the fireball wave and just stand there w/o getting hit. petite cvs bodies and definately chibi characters.

Connects are good and fun to do and supers have awesome effects and after sounds. Aint much on my end here but I didnt catch anything out of the ordinary really. I overwrote your older version of Ryu for this one so hes more fun to .vs

dmg is fine i think he has dark hadou stats remember, like high speed and dmg but low stamina, nevertheless id like to hear more opinions on this subject, ill check clsns in the hadouken too
#6  April 11, 2008, 03:39:07 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
^ Thats what it is. My appologies hehe. Completely forgot he under Dark Hadou. Played with him for quite some time today. God my ass busted and I was using latest God Akuma and its highly unlikely I lose with that character but I did. Apart from finding nothing out of irregular I will try to look harder.

vyn

#7  April 11, 2008, 01:48:37 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
try to parry his initiial meele attack, thats how i beat him :)
#8  April 11, 2008, 04:10:47 pm
Some things i noticed:

- When he is facing himself and they both are in the corners they starts launching denjin hadoukens that don´t counter themselves against each other.

- His red aura don´t appears from the beggining, seems once round starts.

- Making some simple combo, like some low weak hits (2-4), then the thing that does some auto punches, shoryuken, then cancel into the air tatsumaky super, and then using the super that consumes 2 bars (the one that he falls from the air dn it´s name), nearly does 700 dmg (testing against himself). It was intended or The damage dampener falied there?. 

Needs stronger ai but you have said now it´s basic.

Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:23:10 pm by Ohsky

vyn

#9  April 11, 2008, 04:55:35 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
well i dont think thats wrong, a lvl 1 is round 180 dmg since it was cancelled from a special, a lvl2 super after for about 300 dmg and a good combo b4 it against ryu who has a low defence (cause hes dark hadou) tough i did recieve another comment bout this so ill keep this in mind tnx

dampener is fine, it works with hitcount during normal and special attacks but supers it works depending on weather it was cancelled from a normal or a special (60% or 80% dmg)

ill check others too

AI will be dealt with later but still it wont be nowhere near his previous AI
#10  April 11, 2008, 06:13:40 pm
From my personal liking, The agresiveness of his previous ai was good, but too much predictable and repetitive. Also, what broke entirely the char was his parrying. Sometimes he always parry (100%) of the times he got hit in very clear and specific states. In this update that seems fixed....

With this i mean i liked your previous Ai difficultity but "illegal" parrying wasted the character when u fight against it.

A better idea would be to make different levels of difficultity. Well, the more human the ai appears the better it is.
#11  April 13, 2008, 06:58:34 pm
  • I've been Kain for 2009!!!
I was watching Him take on Master Ryu and SSJ Son Goku! He still has it and the Death Cry sounds familiar to your MvC-EoH one! Good Work Mr xVynx! I'm pleased! :nice:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#12  April 14, 2008, 04:23:24 pm
I was watching Him take on Master Ryu and SSJ Son Goku! He still has it and the Death Cry sounds familiar to your MvC-EoH one! Good Work Mr xVynx! I'm pleased! :nice:

but, if his Ai can´t do a shit.... at least what i dl has no ai at all, or a very very easy one.
#13  April 14, 2008, 06:11:40 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
The controlable fireballs are a good touch, wasn't expecting the Chun-Li energy sphere version. 8)
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#14  April 14, 2008, 09:51:41 pm

#15  April 14, 2008, 09:59:16 pm
The controlable fireballs are a good touch, wasn't expecting the Chun-Li energy sphere version. 8)

lol, that was always there, since it was released 1 year ago....
#16  April 15, 2008, 06:41:31 pm
I have to say there's no recalls about the update! Some recalls are there if you want me to tell you sir!

vyn

#17  April 15, 2008, 08:28:31 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
#18  April 15, 2008, 08:38:15 pm
  • Let me show you my real personality!
    • www.myspace.com/skank88
An awesome release vyn!!! I love this evil ryu!!! When you can release your CvS Ryu and Ken? 8) 8) 8)
#19  April 16, 2008, 09:58:55 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Sweet update. I haven't tested him long enough, but he sure is much more balanced now. :)

- His large portrait is misaligned Y-wise.
- If you activate the CLSN during debug mode, you will see residual CLSNs on the screen coming from the intro. Perhaps you forgot to destroy a helper.
- The red aura is present during his stance, but not during his intro (beginning of 2nd round for example). It looks strange.

vyn

#20  April 16, 2008, 04:43:16 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
ah cool more feedback, the residual clsn is for the dramatic KO helper, its not a porblem rly, will check others, tnx