YesNoOk

What do you have the hardest time with when creating? (Read 4385 times)

Started by Legendary DeMoNk@I, July 03, 2014, 11:56:43 pm
Share this topic:
Re: What do you have the hardest time with when creating?
#41  July 09, 2014, 05:18:07 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Ill compile all the sff files for you guys if you all make my snd files!!!
#42  July 09, 2014, 05:57:31 pm
    • Thailand
It's easy and quick as fuck if you have good rips.

DW

#43  July 09, 2014, 06:02:40 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Ill compile all the sff files for you guys if you all make my snd files!!!

Hm... Maybe. :P In all honesty, I'd rather put together an snd file, than compile an SFF.

It's easy and quick as fuck if you have good rips.

It is, that's true. I suppose it's just boring overall though. If you have to align things w/o axis though/already cropped, that shit's for the birds.

Bea

#44  July 09, 2014, 06:52:55 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Getting motivated to deal with the "challenging, complex and definitely not limited" Mugen script language.

15 years in and we can't effing make UDFs or persist data. WTF, Elecbyte?
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#45  July 09, 2014, 07:19:06 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Contrary to all of you, making SFF and AIR (and even SND) is the easiest part for me, and it's even relaxing like making palettes (my favourite part of making a character). Now, the codes is a totally different thing, when I'm working on a char and the code doesn't work as I wish and I can't get a solution, I usually get stuck with the char even for years :knife: I got many unfinished chars in my PC because of some part of the code I can't make it work >_<

Also, in the past I also suffer with throws, but now actually don't make me troubles anymore :P

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#46  July 09, 2014, 08:01:12 pm
  • Taste my Shiny Dragon Raging Fire!
Any spritework is a brick wall for me!
Me recently TRIED to do something PaintNET styled.
I took all my efforts, and wish to do something...

I won't show you that... It's a surprise.
Fun fact: I can't remain silent about problems of M.U.G.E.N, or the entire Gameworld, but i can't say about them without it turning into shitpost.

Akuma: Akuma Yuiko! *grabs Andy with SGS* Isshun Sengeki! *starts relentlessy beating Andy*
Andy: Ahhahhahhahahha!!!
#47  July 09, 2014, 09:03:10 pm
  • Taste my Shiny Dragon Raging Fire!
Alright, so what i'm done now is resprited Chain Dog's stand pose, just to color it afterwards. Kinda drawn it again:

Previous <---------> Actual

Never bothered with details, like zipline or chains.

P. S.: DAAAAAM, IT DIDN'T MERGED! D:
Fun fact: I can't remain silent about problems of M.U.G.E.N, or the entire Gameworld, but i can't say about them without it turning into shitpost.

Akuma: Akuma Yuiko! *grabs Andy with SGS* Isshun Sengeki! *starts relentlessy beating Andy*
Andy: Ahhahhahhahahha!!!
#48  July 09, 2014, 09:09:12 pm
Post merging doesn't exist anymore.

Also, graphics thread.
#49  July 11, 2014, 06:38:32 pm
    • Hungary
    • smhungary89@gamil.com
Every form of positioning, and timing. Of course, it satisfying, when it's done, but in the meantime...
#50  July 12, 2014, 05:46:21 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
It is, that's true. I suppose it's just boring overall though. If you have to align things w/o axis though/already cropped, that shit's for the birds.
FF3 is good for sprite alignment. It may be boring overtime but it helps in the long run when it comes to sff compiling.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#51  July 14, 2014, 09:51:18 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
I have a problem with making elements move on screen fast enough for peoples taste. I've been told numerous times that something looks like it's happening/traveling way to slow, when it looks about right to me. So I try to up the speed & they say somehow it looks like it's happening even slower, LoL. Also coding throws is a real pain, simply because I have to fire up Mugen soooo... many times for trial & error on positioning.
#52  July 14, 2014, 10:12:14 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
I have a problem with making elements move on screen fast enough for peoples taste. I've been told numerous times that something looks like it's happening/traveling way to slow, when it looks about right to me. So I try to up the speed & they say somehow it looks like it's happening even slower, LoL. Also coding throws is a real pain, simply because I have to fire up Mugen soooo... many times for trial & error on positioning.

One thing you can do is press Shift+F4 to do a resource reset of mugen, without having to close it and reload it. Also, you can use the command line interface to load up your character quickly, if FF3 isn't working for you. It basically utilizes that anyways.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#53  July 14, 2014, 11:59:56 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Throws,  and setting up an sff.
#54  July 15, 2014, 12:15:00 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
One thing you can do is press Shift+F4 to do a resource reset of mugen, without having to close it and reload it. Also, you can use the command line interface to load up your character quickly, if FF3 isn't working for you. It basically utilizes that anyways.

Thanks for the tips!

#55  July 15, 2014, 12:17:22 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#56  July 15, 2014, 02:37:33 am
  • For honor!
Contrary to all of you, making SFF and AIR (and even SND) is the easiest part for me
Oh making .SFF and .AIR files are pretty easy when you're just going by eye.

It's making those files perfectly that's the challenge and it's the area that I feel the most pressure to get right.  If I screw up with the coding and gameplay design I still have a perfectly aligned, paletted, animated, and hitboxed shell to easily slap onto what I re-coded if I built those files perfectly. If my coding is correct but my assets are imperfect I might as well start the entire character all over because the corrected sprite alignments, hitboxes, and animations will conflict with the previous velocities, posadds, widths, timing and animation based triggers, and so much more.

Thus, .SFF and .Air building are the only aspects of MUGEN where I can't relax when working on.
Iroha stripped for me
#57  July 15, 2014, 03:49:32 am
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
I'd like to take pile on my first comment here saying the hardest thing was to make "convincing" movements.

Specifically harder than that for me comes from making fingers work. Making a hand move fluently can burn a lot of time @_@
I don't even want to imagine making/working on a character that has hands moving as much as Morrigan's or Lilith's idle stance *shudders*

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#58  July 17, 2014, 07:50:01 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Can't make good versus screens, I hate them

Making fonts is annoying