YesNoOk

Broly - 24 Jul 2015 (Read 63206 times)

Started by BoyBoyz, July 11, 2015, 12:58:42 am
Share this topic:
Broly - 24 Jul 2015
New #1  July 11, 2015, 12:58:42 am

https://www.mediafire.com/?nj7cy40c855o3cu  -  Overpowered + toned down in one pack! Toned down version updated!

https://youtu.be/sboIQ8AJmqU

The full change to extreme butoden sprites comes with certain losses:  the old Broly had a finger pointing sprite, kicking sprite, running sprites, and custom teleport animations.  Nevertheless, this new one has more moves, and is better looking.

He has 2 intros, 4 win poses. Be sure to check out the entirely new intro I made! He also has a custom intro against Goku and Vegeta characters.

I feel he can still become better.  I am sure that there are better effects out there, thus if anyone wishes to contribute to make this Broly better in terms of appearance, gameplay, or bugfixes, then please let me know here.

Movelist is in the character folder, but either way (Note that counter command is now DF+z, not just z):

Broly has lots of projectile invulnerability as well as hitoverride.  Can't possibly specify all here. Find out yourself!

Normal Moves:
1. F+x (guard high)
2. F+a (invincible startup)

Special Moves:
1. DF+x (can do 3 times in a row)
2. DF+x in air (diagonally down fireball)
3. DF+b in air (unblockable explosion pillar)
4. DB+x (unblockable hit at 4 animelem.  If that doesn't hit, will launch a fast-speed projectile. Signature move.)

5. DF+y (has projectile autoguard)
6. DB+b (air version of the above chest fireball dash)

7. DF+z (counters physical hits only. Can negate but not counter projectiles. Press z and he will pose and end anim after animtime = 0.  But hold Z and he will unleash the counter even without countering. Hold z for 20 ticks and release, to release the hit faster.)
8. DB+a (invulnerable to projectiles. Unblockable grab. Can be done in air.)
9. DF+a (air stomp. Can be done 2 more times in succession, afterwhich p2 cannot be hit anymore while on ground.)
10. DF+a (if done in air, this is a stationary unblockable grab.)

11. DB+y (Broly dashes, grabs, and flings enemy to the edge of screen with wallbounce.)
12. DB+a (air version of the dash grab

13. DF+b (unblockable close fireball)
14. DB+b (unblockable leap grab and kick. Signature move)
15. press c (activates shield, which lasts for a while. While active, cannot use super moves.  Can press c to deactivate. Can be done in air.)
16. any direction + y (teleport.  Can also teleport after certain normal hits connect)
17. DB+z (Homing chest fireball. Can be done in air)

Super Moves:
1. DFDF+x (signature fireball move 1.  Homing fireball)
2. DFDF+y (signature fireball move 2.  Homing also. Explodes when contact with anything, even ground.)
3. DBDB+b (Super dash grab, can be done in air. Will knock down with low damage when guarded. Press direction up or down to make him fly up or downward to grab the enemy.)
4. DFDF+a (Siganture move.  Broly walks forward, and if hit, does a grab + punch. counters all moves.)
5. DFDF+z (unblockable dash + combo. need 2 power bars. Note that if you miss the dash, he will turn around and fire lots of projectiles at enemy.)
6. DFDF+c (unblockable, one hit KO signature move - but does not do any damage for some reason to some characters)
7. DDD+y (can deactivate and activate again. Drains mana while active, and cannot use special/super moves. While active, allows you to chain combo from any normal move, and increases damage of normal moves.)
Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 02:48:07 pm by BoyBoyz
Re: Broly - 11 Jul 2015
#2  July 11, 2015, 01:24:07 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
lp is creating a spark out of the screen.

several of the hypers cause way too much damage, one of them is a imediate kill.

your transformation intro is one of the longest i ever seen, and most of it is a still frame, you could probably shave off a lot of time from it.
#3  July 11, 2015, 02:37:32 am
What do u mean creating a spark out of screen?  Lp as in light punch (state 200)? 

Yea I was worrying that the intro might be too long... but it accurately captures the movie transformation lol.  Nostalgic much. I could cut it down to right before he starts glowing green (meaning minusing the lightning and stuff).

There was a bug with his commands.  Now the super (DFDF+z. see pic below) should be able to be done without conflict with the counter special. Either redownload or download this .cmd fix if you have the original version already:

https://www.mediafire.com/?tgcionbfiatlhs0  -  cmd fix to be applied to original file (if its the first time downloading the original file, then u don't need this)

#4  July 11, 2015, 03:10:42 am
  • The answer lies. In the heart of battle.
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
That Broly is amazing.
Like. It really feels like him.

But yooo, too bad I expected to be a beast with him, y'know doing a lot of combos haha.
#5  July 11, 2015, 03:14:48 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

here , ffx is being generated on top left.

also he has a fuckton of life and his energy keeps regenerating itself meaning that all his level 3 that are instant kills can be done at any moment.

during his hypers he becomes invulnerable as well.

Kinda disapointing tbh because you actually gave him interesting moves.
#6  July 11, 2015, 03:35:38 am
Weird, u sure it's not the screenpack/stage issue?  I've tested in 2 in 2 different mugens and its working fine.  The explod appears at p2 0,0 , on p1's animelem 3,  so it shouldnt be at top left technically.  Not sure how to reproduce that problem.

[State 621, ‚Ç‚ñ]
type = Explod
trigger1 = AnimElem = 3
anim = 8013
scale = .9,.9
postype = p2
pos = 0,0
sprpriority = 4
ownpal = 1
vel = 0,0
removeongethit = 0
bindtime = 0
supermovetime = 99999999
pausemovetime = 99999999

EDIT: oh wait... maybe it's bindtime? Should be bindtime = 1 (in statedef 2019)  Try to see if that fixes it.

Yea, I know he's pretty overpowered.  This is the first release, will look toward further updates. 

Extreme Butoden is very combo-centric, and perhaps in future his moves will be more combo-able like the Z2 characters, where pressing one button a few times leads to various combos.
Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 03:39:43 am by BoyBoyz
#7  July 11, 2015, 05:37:50 am
  • I must continue my training...
I loved the last version. He was overpowered but it suited him. This on has some of that same flaw. But he looks awesome. I haven't tried him yet but if you added the explosion effect from Budokai 3, I'm in love.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#8  July 11, 2015, 06:59:17 am
says file is damaged
#9  July 11, 2015, 07:11:20 am
Try again.  Probably due to reuploading the file to fix bugs.
#10  July 11, 2015, 07:28:18 am
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
any chance of fixing the palette in future updates? he takes a new palette with every sprite  & id really love to give this work of art  some new colors
#11  July 11, 2015, 12:20:13 pm

I'm already seeing something wrong here. The effect's sprite priority, precisely.

Testing on 1.0.
- Why do every sprite have different palettes?
- Easy double KO is Broly (1p) and Broly (2p) do "c" (barrier) together at close range and stand.
- D,B,y feels very sluggish in looks. It stays still for a little while when it immediately slams the enemy. Maybe a slow-motion movement would give the move a bit more impact, followed by the slamming pose remaining there for a second.
- QCFx2 + z should use different attacks, not just one punch and one kick.
- QCFx2 + c looks odd, it's like the energy balls fall down like snowflakes instead of coming from Broly himself. It's too... "quiet".
- Broly can dash infinitely in air.
- debug flood if Broly dashes against another Broly with the barrier activated; the debug message is this:
WARNING: PLAYER BROLY IN STATE 100: CHANGED TO INVALID ANIMELEM 6 WITHIN ACTION 100
If you look at the state 100 there are other ChangeAnims with values like 3, 4, 5, 6; if you delete them the debug message will go away;
- however there is another problem: when Broly "runs" forward while the p2 Broly has the barrier, p1 Broly, keeps changing animation elements automatically (1 and 2); it's because of the HitOverrides.
- D,F,y has a misplaced dust effect in the upper left side of the screen. And it's because of the bindtime = 0, which should be 1 like you said.
- Same for D,B, a.
Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 02:01:01 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#12  July 11, 2015, 03:58:28 pm

I'm already seeing something wrong here. The effect's sprite priority, precisely.

Testing on 1.0.
- Easy double KO is Broly (1p) and Broly (2p) do "c" (barrier) together at close range and stand.
- D,B,y feels very sluggish in looks. It stays still for a little while when it immediately slams the enemy. Maybe a slow-motion movement would give the move a bit more impact, followed by the slamming pose remaining there for a second.
- QCFx2 + c looks odd, it's like the energy balls fall down like snowflakes instead of coming from Broly himself. It's too... "quiet".
- debug flood if Broly dashes against another Broly with the barrier activated; the debug message is this:
WARNING: PLAYER BROLY IN STATE 100: CHANGED TO INVALID ANIMELEM 6 WITHIN ACTION 100
If you look at the state 100 there are other ChangeAnims with values like 3, 4, 5, 6; if you delete them the debug message will go away;
- however there is another problem: when Broly "runs" forward while the p2 Broly has the barrier, p1 Broly, keeps changing animation elements automatically (1 and 2); it's because of the HitOverrides.
- D,F,y has a misplaced dust effect in the upper left side of the screen. And it's because of the bindtime = 0, which should be 1 like you said.
- Same for D,B, a.

Great, I love good feedback! Uploading the update now:

What do you mean? I don't understand.
No idea!
I can't fix this, it's a bug with the mechanics of the shield.  Any suggestions would be welcome!
- D,B,y feels very sluggish in looks. It stays still for a little while when it immediately slams the enemy. Maybe a slow-motion movement would give
the move a bit more impact, followed by the slamming pose remaining there for a second.
I took this from the extreme butoden version.  The style is almost exactly the same!
Done. 4 Punches in mid air, ground punch up, then kick launch!
Added envshake! Thanks, I didn't notice the 'quietness' until you pointed it out.
Not gona fix this.
Fixed
Fixed by added a triggerall = (p2name != "Broly" || p4name != "Broly") && enemy, numhelper(951) = 0.  Hope this doesnt clash with other characters who have numhelper(951).
Fixed.
- Same for D,B, a.
Fixed for air version. Ground version I don't see any potential issue.
Re: Broly - 12 Jul 2015
#13  July 11, 2015, 04:40:54 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
the fireball is over the back of his hand instead of in his palm, the priority in which sprites overlap  is wrong.

If you cant fix that shield maybe make it different because as is its just broken
#14  July 11, 2015, 04:47:00 pm
Damn, those are some sharp eyes lol.  Fixed.  The second part where the fireball grows bigger, I did not make it such that it is in his hand.  Reuploading. 
#15  July 11, 2015, 05:13:50 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
This really cool Character. Im no expert on the Dragon Ball Universe But I love how most of the Mugen Character Creators is Taking the liking of these sprite from Sprite resources rip and contributed by Ploaj and I know that Ploaj  would be very happy that his Hard work is really paying its self off and knowing His sprite rips are going to be a great use to the mugen community :D
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#16  July 11, 2015, 05:32:32 pm
Yup! All thanks to Ploaj for this release too!
Re: Broly - 12 Jul 2015 Updated
#17  July 11, 2015, 06:22:40 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Yup! All thanks to Ploaj for this release too!
Man love this character . I think this old man need start learning more about dragon ball XD thank you for making him

Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#18  July 11, 2015, 11:29:20 pm
  • Just a spriter/gamer
    • UK
    • quesab08@gmail.com
I agree that one of the intro's is rather unnecessarily long, especially when alot of it is still and you no idea what the hell is going on. The standing animation could also be much faster, I'd give it 6 ticks for each frame. He's also wayyy too OP lol. It was a bother since I couldn't really test him out on anyone other than himself. Nevertheless I had fun playing him. I hope to see more updates.
#19  July 11, 2015, 11:47:07 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
after a few more tests , you really got to break him down a lot. Hes umbeatable due to bad coding options not even bad moves.

you make a super move, he loses clsn boxes, you have a button where he becomes invicible to anything.
It really spoils him through. not being able to be hit out of moves is like character making mistakes 101
And when he simply powers up by himself and starts imediately with 3 bars that imediately refill , he can just launch lvl3 after lvl3 , where every lvl3 do about 130 percent of a normal character life.
Re: Broly - 12 Jul 2015 Fix
#20  July 11, 2015, 11:51:49 pm
Re: Broly - 12 Jul 2015 Fix
#21  July 12, 2015, 03:25:02 am
Lol don't know, just felt the infinite dash isn't that much of a concern xD

As some have mentioned, he deals too much damage.  I have made a toned down version here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?qz4rqsft31e7xx7

The max damage that the toned down version does is ~460, with 2 power bars.

Of course, the overpowered version still remains in the link in the first post, for those who like to rampage once in a while like the most powerful Saiyan.

EDIT:  A couple of things were fixed also.  The intro's black bgpalfx would sometimes go off if other characters intruded with their own bgpalfx.  I fixed that. Many other fixes too!

Posted: July 12, 2015, 03:52:23 pm
Updated with a new Chest Fireball move and other fixes:

Overpowered version does 220 damage, toned down does 120 damage.

For ease, just go to the folder to download the version that you like: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5gsem6412qcw4
Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 03:52:23 pm by BoyBoyz
Re: Broly - 13 Jul 2015 (new move)
#22  July 12, 2015, 04:06:15 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
retested it.

Even the underpowered version remains umbeatable due to how much life damage and ivnicibility his moves have.
you can sit on a corner repeating his first fireball hyper over and over again and theres no way any other player could beat him considering he has no clsn during the whole thing and is constantly at level 3 without his power diminishing any.
#23  July 12, 2015, 04:14:04 pm
Hmm, with his overpowered damage he was almost unbeatable before (loses to Aizen), but the toned down version is beatable by quite some characters, even the new Shimakaze.  Of course, we're talking about his AI.  If you actually play as him it's a different story.
#24  July 12, 2015, 04:24:36 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
the moment he loses clsn he becomes broken, That coupled with the respawning energy makes him extremely unfair for any normal conditions.

In a normal game a character has to 1- earn the energy they are going to use 2- be careful with what moves they use because they can be countered.

This broly doesnt need to do either. Even in watch mode vs the strongest AI I had around ( vegeta z2 , which is already a bit unfair) he wins all the time. You can just mash the buttons and you are pretty much guaranteed to win everytime you use him.

Now if thats your thing, then all the power to it, but that just makes him umplayable against any normal character =\, he has no downsides or flaws.
Imagine if goku ssjz2 was always at the top of his energy and lost all hitboxes during attacks, no one would be able to touch him.
#25  July 12, 2015, 04:44:59 pm
Actually the reason I make so overpowered characters, is because I have even more overpowered AI characters that I want to match Broly up to, a simple example being igniz boss mode. Broly in overpowered mode loses to the simple but precise combos of igniz.
#26  July 12, 2015, 06:11:58 pm
    • Sweden
    • tk-425@live.com
I'm not speaking for Iced or any member, but I imagine most of us want to use this Broly in a DBZ game and cannot do so like this because of what Iced mentioned. I get that you want to match Broly to your super powered AI and characters but it just leaves a lot to be desired next to regular characters. That being said, I appreciate what you're doing and I think it's cool we're getting some better looking DBZ characters finally.
Re: Broly - 13 Jul 2015 NEW
#27  July 13, 2015, 02:53:10 pm
I have no idea how to fix the palettes, which is very sad. Please help me fix the palette issue using the new updated file with the following updates:

I have totally nerfed Broly's toned down version. He loses almost all his projectile invulnerability and nothitbys.  Only some signature normal moves (eg, uppercut) have 1 frame of invul startup. The special moves have selective nothitbys, for eg, the stomp move has some invul when floating up. His fullscreen super only has invulnerability after 10 ticks, meaning u can hit him out of it at the start (before he finishes saying ki ga takamaru).  His DFDF+x and DFDF+y supers have nothitbys reduced.  Only the super dash (DBDB+b) and super combo (DFDF+z) still remain fully invulnerable as they are very easy to spot and dodge. Many more nerfs/fixes.

And, I have combined both OP and toned down version in one file.  Just change the character name in select.def (BrolyBoss or BrolyNormal) and folder name accordingly and the displayname in the select screen will reflect Broly B (boss) or Broly N (normal). 

If he still needs to be nerfed further, let me know your suggestions. Enjoy!

Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 03:02:25 pm by BoyBoyz
Re: Broly - 13 Jul 2015 NEW UPDATE
#28  July 13, 2015, 03:16:26 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
While I havent tested this new version i did notice a bug in the previous version. If you jump and imediately dash forward keeping thebutton held, you will fly off screen eventually as broly will go diagonally and never stop.
#29  July 13, 2015, 03:30:50 pm
That isn't a bug.  He would just continue floating upward, and once u let the button go, he'll drop.  I kept this there because it sort of gives the flying effect, and you can choose when to stop the dash.  The AI doesn't spam it either so it's fine for now. 

I tested the super nerfed version against Vegeta Z2 and.. it's just the nature of his moves man.  He's still overpowered ~_~.  BUT, he seems to be able to be hit much more often now.  Suggestions are welcome.

I could consider adding a drain energy to his shield, and reduce his ki regen rate.  That should hurt him.

EDIT: I just added those nerfs in.  his ki regen rate is 1/4 of what it was, using shield costs 150 power, and his hp = 1000 and def 120, etc.  reuploading.
Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:48:55 am by BoyBoyz
#30  July 13, 2015, 06:57:29 pm
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/thisisgir
I'll test him out in a bit.. If you can manage to get him to play on par with regular characters in terms of fairness, as well as fix the numerous bugs I've seen people say and what not.. I'd definitely be willing to voice him for you.
#31  July 14, 2015, 04:13:08 am
Major bug with the boss version.  Removing the file till I can reupload a fix from home. 

Posted: July 14, 2015, 02:44:00 pm
The bug was, since i combined 2-in-1, I failed to update the Boss version with the updates made in toned down version, hence the boss version had some weird things going on with some moves. 

This has been fixed.  Boss version gains a few more nothitbys (that I feel are necessary to be bossy), and normal version is quite nerfed already.  Sorry for the delay.  Enjoy the stable version.

You guys probably already know, but for those who dont, you can select both versions of broly by using this in the select.def:
BrolyNormal/BrolyNormal.def
BrolyNormal/BrolyBoss.def

Will look to MAYBE reduce the transformation intro time.

Posted: July 14, 2015, 08:10:21 pm
Halved intro time.  Intro now starts from where he starts to glow, lasting only 2000 ticks as compared to 4000 before. As a result of the reduced sound length, file size is now 38mb instead of 43mb.
Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 08:15:26 pm by BoyBoyz
Re: Broly - 15 Jul 2015 (reduced intro time)
#32  July 14, 2015, 10:50:13 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Well, the char isn't bad and since you are already fixing the bugs, I don't need report them to you.
Anyway I just think unnecessary that stone explosion on the wall when you throw the P2.

For some reason I just wanted challenge myself to see how fast I could be making a color separation, :P so here it's:
Spoiler: The template (click to see content)
The sff + NEW SMALL PORTRAIT + NEW 2 BIG PORTRAITS + template + 14 palettes:
Download

Later.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:49:58 am by _Dan_
#33  July 14, 2015, 11:22:45 pm
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Your download link for the CS Patch doesnt work lol.
#34  July 14, 2015, 11:37:52 pm
  • Raging Fist
Here have 2 pals!
God Omega (Rugal)

Asura Gouki

#35  July 15, 2015, 12:05:39 am
  • Rurouni Fan
Sorry, Minty, it's fixed.
And Flowrellik... o_O They're awesome.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#36  July 15, 2015, 12:07:59 am
    • USA
OMFG YES! Thanks Dan ive been wanting this since Broly was released
#37  July 15, 2015, 12:45:10 am
  • Raging Fist
Here have 2 more ^^
Super Sayian God Legendary Super Sayian (Try saying that 3X fast XD)

and finally
Legendary Opposite Day
#38  July 15, 2015, 02:41:36 am
OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.  Damn I wish I'm at home now to implement the palettes!!  THERES EVEN SSGSS BROLY!

Could you make a movie 10 Broly palette? You know, slightly more pale in hue. 
#39  July 15, 2015, 02:52:15 am
  • Keeping mugen stupid
    • USA
    • fivehundrederrors@hotmail.com
I have one suggestion really and is it why does he have max power at the start of the match imo Normal Broly should start with zero power like almost every other character.
#40  July 15, 2015, 03:06:49 am
that's actually a very good suggestion lol.  I think I'll implement this suggestion when I add the palettes, in the next update!
#41  July 15, 2015, 04:16:23 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
A/4th Raikage

Bardock

Movie 10

SSGSS Goku

#42  July 15, 2015, 04:52:03 am
  • Rurouni Fan
You're welcome, ZombieBrock. ;D

Hey guys, I'll steal all your palettes and update the file because of a little misunderstading:
THE 4th SLOT of Teeth/Mouth is for his tongue. So I'll update the template to avoid more mistakes.

Did you play the new
#43  July 15, 2015, 05:03:35 am
  • Spriter-in-Training
  • Learning new ways to sprite
    • USA
    • Skype - altherprimus
It's been a while since I last paletted, but this seemed like fun xD  Might make a full pack later.
Bojack:

Iron Tager (AKA the "Red Devil" xD):

Deep Manga:

Deep Dramatic:

EDIT:
Potemkin
Xan (on Skype) said:
Because fuck logic it's mugen

The reason I don't post more is because 1: I rarely have anything to say, and 2: I stink at saying it XP
Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:25:38 am by Alther Primus
#44  July 15, 2015, 05:56:02 am
  • Rurouni Fan
Ok, the template is update, the file too.
Check the post.

Have fun guys.

Hey, Alther I didn't add your palettes because for some reason I couldn't open your images on Photoshop. :S

Did you play the new
#45  July 15, 2015, 06:10:53 am
  • Raging Fist
Guess I got some updating to do huh :V.

#46  July 15, 2015, 06:14:17 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Dang Alther, you still got it! Those pallets are absolutely gorgeous!
#47  July 15, 2015, 07:30:15 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Android 13

Dumplin

#48  July 15, 2015, 07:34:59 am
  • Raging Fist
OK!
all 4 current palettes have been updated + 4 more were made.
God Omega (Rugal-God Rugal)

Asura Gouki (Gouki-Shin Gouki)

SSGLSS (Super Sayian God Legendary Super Sayian. I know it's quite a mouthful)

Dreadful Opposite Day (A power down like that, I'd be royally pissed too).

AND NOW the new reveal (I promise I will stop after this I swear)
YuukaMAn (Yuuka Kazami's Destructive, Plant-loving long dimension lost twin brother- permanently removed!)

Legendary Rage (Berserker!!!)

Kuroshiki Oni (Gouki to Oni Transformation)

The Angry Green Giant (Banner - Hulk. he is now SUPER HULK)
Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:39:56 am by Flowrellik
#49  July 15, 2015, 08:26:43 am
  • Raging Fist
OK..here we go. after this NO MORE. Im Broly'd out here XD. So....much....SNK Syndrome in making this...
Orochi Sayian (Orochi)

Majin Might (Magaki)

Eternal Nothingness (Saiki)

Rotting Myth (Mukai)

Here. 3 Kings and a God. 12 pals total! enjoy ^^
#50  July 15, 2015, 08:40:57 am
    • USA
with these sprites , it just does not matter what colors u add to him they look outstanding, im so enjoying making palettes for him

Just gonna leave these here

Set 1
Broly By Boy Boyz
LtoR
Truffle Takeover,KAiOKen,Faded,Lord Broly The Destroyer,Bio Broly,Buu Goo Infection

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7xw1d4cdoqc8xx0/BoyBoyzBrolyPals.rar
Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:04:35 am by ZombieBrock
#51  July 15, 2015, 02:23:50 pm
OK..here we go. after this NO MORE. Im Broly'd out here XD. So....much....SNK Syndrome in making this...
Orochi Sayian (Orochi)

Majin Might (Magaki)

Eternal Nothingness (Saiki)

Rotting Myth (Mukai)

Here. 3 Kings and a God. 12 pals total! enjoy ^^

I'm a palette noob.  Could I have the Legendary Rage, Orochi, Mukai, Magaki, and Saiki palettes done into the .act files like the above post?  Or better, just all of your awesome palettes in a zip file?

Separately, I've uploaded the new broly with 12 new palettes and fixes to Dan's .SFF patch.  These 12 palettes are selected by me, but all the other palettes posted as files so far are in the "Palettes" folder.  Enjoy!  And thanks to the palette makers!  Just awaiting the last 4 palettes by Flowrellik!
Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 03:03:04 pm by BoyBoyz
Re: Broly - 15 Jul 2015 NEW PALETTES
#52  July 15, 2015, 03:06:25 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
If you use fighter factory 3, you can load palettes from an image. Assuming the color map is correct.
#53  July 15, 2015, 05:07:56 pm
This Broly is awesome, one thing I would suggest is if the AI could use more of the physical attacks than just spamming the chest beam because there are cool physical attacks you added that aren't being seen. Just a suggestion though.
Broly (Dragon Ball) by BoyBoyz (2015/07/15)
#54  July 16, 2015, 04:34:35 am
  • God's Tongue
  • SEA (South East Asia)
#55  July 16, 2015, 05:23:55 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio

#56  July 16, 2015, 05:30:29 am
  • Keeping mugen stupid
    • USA
    • fivehundrederrors@hotmail.com
Just to comment on the latest update I have a few more suggestions

in normal mode even though he no longer starts with max power I think he shouldn't slowly gain any and should gain power through hitting the opponent like regular fighters.
#57  July 16, 2015, 05:41:47 am
As suggested, the 15 Jul file already has the AI updated to use his normal punches and kicks randomly.  The AI is packed with so many commands that Broly is constantly dishing out devastation (unlike my Saiki, which reacts to the enemy's commands).

On the getpower for every movehit part, that's some work as there are 20+ moves to go through and tweak in a balanced manner.  I am almost lazy to do it, but your suggestion seems valid enough to try.  Maybe will do it over time.

I really love all these palettes you guys are making.  I will slowly store them in the palette folder of Broly and update him, so that everyone can try the different palettes.  Of course, as the character can only have 12 palettes, those 12 will be what I think are the coolest out of all the tons of palettes!  As I have problems with converting the palettes to .act files, please provide the .act file format if it is not too much trouble.  Thanks and here's to better brolys!

Posted: July 16, 2015, 08:21:33 am
Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 01:04:22 pm by BoyBoyz
#58  July 16, 2015, 10:28:57 am
    • USA
#59  July 16, 2015, 11:21:03 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Im glad this seems to be a slowly learning experience for you. He still is undeniable broken but you are slowly editing him better and I congratulate you for the effort.

Consider adding flaws to his moves, for instance a move that does a lot of damage might be open longer after he fires it and so its more punishable, or a fast move could do a  lot less damage, etc.
Re: Broly - 17 Jul 2015 (ALL 48 PALETTES)
#60  July 16, 2015, 06:06:20 pm
Thanks!

Fixed the palette issue.  The 17 July Broly has 48 palettes (including the original one) !!!! My main selections for the character itself are:

pal1   = Palettes/Broly.act  ;Palettes (can have up to 12)
pal2   = Palettes/QuickFist/QuickFist-Movie 10.act
pal3   = Palettes/QuickFist/QuickFist-SSgSS Goku.act
pal4   = Palettes/Alther/Alther_DeepDramatic.act
pal5   = Palettes/ZombieBrock/Tuffel Takeover.act
pal6   = Palettes/ZombieBrock/Demigra.act
pal7   = Palettes/Flowrellik/Magaki.act
pal8   = Palettes/Flowrellik/Orochi.act
pal9   = Palettes/Flowrellik/Mukai.act
pal10   = Palettes/QuickFist/QuickFist-4th Raikage.act
pal11  = Palettes/Flowrellik/Berserker.act
pal12  = Palettes/Flowrellik/Oni.act
#61  July 16, 2015, 06:11:39 pm
  • “You know you can’t, I am immune to the light.”:
    • USA
Can you give the permission of using your Broly sprites
---Even More Perfect!!!
#62  July 16, 2015, 06:19:59 pm
Yes of course, you may use them.
Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:10:40 pm by BoyBoyz
#63  July 16, 2015, 09:01:34 pm
  • “You know you can’t, I am immune to the light.”:
    • USA
Thanks
---Even More Perfect!!!
#64  July 17, 2015, 02:04:47 am
Was messing around and accidentally created a bug - standing punch (button B) has no sound or rock explosion when p2 hits the wall.  This has been reversed.  For those who downloaded while the bug was up, sorry lol.

The non- bugged version now has the word "Final" in the filename.
Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:10:07 am by BoyBoyz
Re: Broly - 17 Jul 2015 Final (ALL 48 PALETTES)
#65  July 17, 2015, 03:27:37 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Thanks!  However I'm almost done nerfing Normla Broly.  He loses to EX Iori's AI even, which isn't very Broly-like! Hahaha.

Thats your old thinking getting in the way . part of designing gameplay is making sure the character feels like the original character without being cheap!
When designing characters you cant think about what that character would be in the original source, you got to think on how to make the moves that character would have fit gameplay options.  You can check out what we did on z2 to see how we went around converting characters to feel like themselves and still have interesting gameplay options ( while still being beatable )

Now imagine, you are playing against a friend, both have broly.
he slaps you once then takes off flying and exits the screen upwards, stays up there until time goes out and wins.
Re: Broly - 17 Jul 2015 Final (ALL 48 PALETTES)
#66  July 17, 2015, 04:14:55 am
That makes sense, for the player vs player part.  Ok I give in, nerfed the forward dash in air (state 116) by making it last for 60 ticks only when forward is held.  This is roughly enough time for Broly to reach the front of p2 in a big stage like SFIV training stage. 

For those who know how to code characters, just add trigger 3 to this changestate in statedef 116 in common1.cns:

[State 116, 4]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = time > 8
trigger1 = command != "holdfwd"
trigger2 = animtime = 0
trigger3 = time > 60
trigger3 = command = "holdfwd"

value = 117

For those who don't, re-download the whole file pls haha.  I want to keep the folder clean so no small patches.
https://www.mediafire.com/?nj7cy40c855o3cu
Re: Broly - 17 Jul 2015 (no infinite air dash)
#67  July 17, 2015, 11:06:09 pm
Added a little tweak:
Normal Mode
1. Each regular teleport (direction+y) costs 50 ki now.
2. Each hit cancel into teleport can only be done at 400 ki.

Boss Mode
1. Each regular teleport (direction+y) still does not cost any ki.
2. Each hit cancel into teleport can only be done at 400 ki.

Also changed the command for air chest fireball dash & air dash grab into:
1. DB+x (dash grab air)
2. DB+b (chest fireball dash air)
To make the performing of diagonal teleport in air easier

Posted: July 18, 2015, 02:44:05 am
Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:48:09 am by BoyBoyz
Re: Broly - 18 Jul 2015 (Nerfed Instant Transmission)
#68  July 18, 2015, 04:18:39 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Is there a way to charge Ki with this Broly? owo

Nothing i try works so i was wondering if its even implemented.
#69  July 18, 2015, 04:36:51 am
No, theres no charging of ki for this Broly. His ki slowly recovers for normal mode.  If  you could charge the ki he'd be too powerful.

I've did some testing, and updated Normal Broly's ki gain to 2, instead of 1 (Boss Broly is at 4).  This is because he's often dishing out damage and using the ki shield or teleporting, all of which consume ki, such that he doesn't even have time to regen any ki before the enemy is dead. 

You gain ki by not attacking. You even gain ki when getting hit.
#70  July 18, 2015, 08:39:19 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Love your Broly meh. ;)
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#71  July 18, 2015, 09:18:59 am
    • USA
Truly loving all the work your putting into him, great job, Hey didnt know if u wanted more palettes but i added my last two sets to a new set & combined them into one big one , heres a pic of all of them together (Download is on my palette page)

Broly By Boy Boyz Super Palette Release (All 3 Sets in one Download)

Dragonball Z Series & Edits
LtoR
Buu Goo Infection,Tuffel Take Over,KaiOKen,Bills,Bio Broly,Sins Of The Father ( Paragus),Raditz,Radits Super Saiyan,Janemba,Hatchiyack Transformed,Drum,Demigra,Nightmare Broly Versions 1&2,

Comics & Games
LtoR
SF4 Evil Ryu,My Joker,My Blanka,Infinity Stones(Gem colors),Dormammu

Original
LtoR
Who needs inner Light,Tron Red,Tron Blue,Franken Broly,Blackest Night,Aztecian Warlord,Coral Reef Statue,Decadent God,ShadowBorn,Waking The Demon,JMC,Aztec,Mechanized Bloody Coral,Faded

Download
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/2015-zombiebrocks-pal-thread-request-open-again-166253.new.html#new
#72  July 18, 2015, 09:38:12 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Wow, this character is heaps of fun to play with haha. Of all the Brolys I've seen in MUGEN, this one feels the most authentic. :P

Also nice palettes Brock!
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#73  July 18, 2015, 09:49:54 am
Thanks ^_^

OMG Brock the 3rd pack kicks ass!!!
#74  July 18, 2015, 10:11:00 am
    • USA
Thanks ^_^

OMG Brock the 3rd pack kicks ass!!!

Thanks man , a kick ass character should have some kick ass colors,but hell no one has done a bad palette for him yet, their all great!

LunchPolice aka Quack  - Thank u
#75  July 21, 2015, 08:01:51 am
Found a bug from watching a video (at 9min 30 sec) of Broly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42vG_qEeRqw

After the nerf, Broly could be hit after he launches the fireball in (DFDF+y).  If the fireball hits and explodes, he would automatically enter state 2360 if he wasn't being hit, and this is where the bug is. 

Fixed this minor issue by making broly change to state 2360 regardless of movetype = H.  This should solve it, though I never really tested it as the bug only occured in a hard and tedious to recreate 1v2 situation.

Narrowed some unrealistic red clsn in anims 420 and 601 along the way.

Not necessary to re-download if you dont have the time.  I'm just noting down my own errors.
Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:06:35 am by BoyBoyz
Re: Broly - 21 Jul 2015 (Minor Bugfix)
#76  July 21, 2015, 11:54:56 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#77  July 21, 2015, 01:04:46 pm
Thanks bro I love Broly too and I appreciate any other work done on him to make him better.  Thanks for the pals, included them in a separate folder under palettes and updated the file.

#78  July 21, 2015, 11:22:14 pm
  • Palette Maker + 1.1 Stage Conversion Maestro
    • USA
    • xtremeregime.weebly.com
Made some palettes for Broly, and here they are:

Xtremist, Malachite Grunge, Accentuate The Negative, Messatsu (CvS Akuma), Shin Akuma SF3TS Start+HK, Statue Broly, St. Louis Rams, Toronto Raptors, Minnesota Twins, Boston Celtics, Jacksonville Jaguars, Florida State Seminoles
Available at: http://totaldramaxtremist.weebly.com/mugen-palettes.html
#79  July 22, 2015, 02:28:16 am
Omg I love the accentuate the negative one.  I cant add them now as I'm at work, will do so some time later!
#80  July 22, 2015, 06:05:47 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com

#81  July 23, 2015, 02:36:17 am
It's over 9000! I just uploaded your palettes yesterday and you have more today! Hahaha. 
#82  July 23, 2015, 03:44:21 am
    • USA
well i mean these sprites just soak up the color u put on them & almost no palette looks bad on him,so its hard not to want to do a ton of palettes for him
#83  July 23, 2015, 03:24:19 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com

#84  July 23, 2015, 06:14:22 pm
Thanks for all the work on the pals too! All are updated in the folder :)