YesNoOk

2017 is looking awesome for us gamers. (Read 3515 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, December 18, 2016, 11:50:27 am
Share this topic:
2017 is looking awesome for us gamers.
#1  December 18, 2016, 11:50:27 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I have a feeling that 2017 will be the "1998" of this generation, a year that starts and ends with bangs and has a lot of great games to offer in more or less every month.

We get sequels like Persona 5, Ni No Kuni II, Zelda, Dragonquest XI, Dynasty Warriors 9, Injustice 2, Resident Evil 7, Tekken 7, Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite and probably finally the next Mount & Blade game, remakes like the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, The WipeOut Remaster Collection, Final Fantasy VII Remake and spiritual successors like Yoka Laylee and  A Hat in Time that are going to bring back an almost forgotten part of the evolution of 3d platformers.

There are new IP's that will be unleashed like the awesome looking Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, Lego Worlds and maybe Star Citizen.

And those are just the games that came to my mind without looking at any 2017 release calendars. In short, there is a lot to look up to and my wallet isn't ready for all these goodies.  In short², I think its a great time to be a gamer :-)

Happy Advent everyone!

Re: 2017 is looking awesome for us gamers.
#2  December 18, 2016, 12:22:06 pm
  • The King of Slams
  • Charles Kasshu
    • USA
I've been saying the same thing to myself for months & I whole-heartedly agree. Besides, the previous 3 years, including this one, have all been WTF moments (At least, from my point of view). 2017 needs to be a good year in general, not just for us gamers.
#3  December 18, 2016, 02:43:47 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Can't speak for the whole of 2017 but the 1st 3 months are planning on murdering my wallet.

January:
Dragon Quest 8
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
Digimon Next Order

February:
Dragon Ball Fusions(which should already be out now fuck you Bamco what does it take a extra 3 months to replace the swords you removed)

March:
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5
Nier:Automata.
#4  December 18, 2016, 02:49:13 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Just looked up whats coming in January alone already and saw

RE7, Yakuza 0!!!!!, Tales of Berseria, Gravity Rush 2...gonna catch 'em all. (Sooner or later)
#5  December 18, 2016, 04:07:13 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
    • Skype - andrewfrosos
not to mention that a long-awaited sequel to halo wars will be out, i had such fun playing the first one, i can't wait to play the second one
#6  December 18, 2016, 05:37:35 pm
Gotta agree. December + the first half of 2017 are going to be hell on my wallet. In addition to what's been mentioned so far, there's What Remains of Edith Finch, Final Fantasy 12 HD, Mass Effect: Andromeda, I think Vampyr's still on track for 2017...
#7  December 18, 2016, 05:54:20 pm
  • My power is maximum
  • Never order spooky spaghetti
    • USA
    • Skype - TheToxicAvenger666

Persona 5
Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash
Sonic Mania
Gravity Rush 2
Halo Wars 2
Crash Bandicoot Trilogy
Quake Champions
Wild Guns Reloaded
Yooka-Laylee
Breath of the Wild
The Switch in general

That's basically what I want out of 2017 so far. Bloodstained was there but 2018 :( . Contemplating Mario Sports Superstars (I generally like the Mario Sports games I've played) but IDK if I'd actually get it.
#8  December 18, 2016, 06:13:22 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
MvC Infinite
Tekken 7
SFV season 2
KOF14 graphic update

Fighting game wise 2017 is gonna be a really great year
#9  December 18, 2016, 06:18:06 pm
It probably won't hit it, but Prey for the Gods is still aiming for a late 2017 release as well.
#10  December 18, 2016, 08:02:52 pm
im really excited for god of war 4 and vampyr. heard about the latter recently and i love it already, it's an rpg that is set in a victorian era london. it looks awesome and i can't wait to play it.
Heaven is just a prostitute without clothes.
#11  December 18, 2016, 11:29:08 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
There's a new Kingdom Hearts next year.  That more or less guarantee's I'll be happy with something for the year.  Rest is extra stuff to be excited over, which I certainly will be, but 2.8 will prevent me from shutting up about Disney and forcing Star Wars and Marvel and maybe some teensy itty bitty possibility of Studio Ghibli which won't happen but I'd kill for to rant on for about a year.

Yooka-Laylee's certainly up there somewhere too though.  I wanna be happy with Halo Wars 2, but it's like 343 always strives to have something that gets on my nerves with that series.  Changing character designs because the CGI wasn't impressive enough before?  Meh, the gameplay at least I don't think they can screw up as long as they're copying the first well enough.  MvCI will be fun for the time I'm on there, until the online gets to brutal levels and it's no longer fun to play endless losing streaks.  I'd love to get to play a new Dragon Quest too, I haven't done so since...Dragon Warrior III or Monsters, whichever was newer I guess?

Less psyched for but still really looking forward to Sonic Mania, Breath of the Wild, that Crash remastering and whatever Retro is getting people together for a new Switch game.  Don't want to get my hopes up too high for Metroid Prime 4 to find us getting Metroid Pinball for real, but....I would appreciate it if Metroid didn't end on two terrible games in a row spanning 6 years apart, yeah?
#12  December 18, 2016, 11:56:10 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
Dragon Quest 11
Dragon Quest: Heroes 2
Sonic Mania
Nier Automata

Maybe we'll get Final Fantasy Tactics: Lion Wars on PC as well.
#13  December 19, 2016, 07:04:08 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Everyone's said everything I could suggest. We're getting all that and a new 3D Mario game that looks a lot like 64 (from what we've seen) among other things.

2017 looks incredible for everyone, no matter what you play/buy. This year sucked, hail the revolution!

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#14  December 20, 2016, 12:05:23 am
  • KOF Spriter
RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2
#15  December 20, 2016, 04:46:27 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Persona 5
Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash
Sonic Mania
Crash Bandicoot Trilogy
Quake Champions
Wild Guns Reloaded
Yooka-Laylee

I like your choices Gill. Pretty much what I'm hoping to see next year. I really hope Yooka-Laylee ends up being good.
#16  December 20, 2016, 04:53:07 pm
  • KOF Spriter
As someone who played a ton of Sonic 1 and 2, I'm very hopeful and optimistic about Sonic Mania as well :2thumbsup:
#17  December 20, 2016, 05:29:49 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Injustice 2
Tekken 7
ScaleBound
State of Decay 2
Cuphead
Resident Evil 2 HD Remastered [TBA but might be released a long side or after Resident Evil 7 hopefully]
Red Dead Redemption 2
Nier Automata
Shenmue 3 [Set for December next year but i can see it being pushed back until 2018]

Nioh & Horizon: Zero Dawn i would like to play but don't own PS4 and no PC release.
Those are pretty much the only games i'm expecting for next year.

Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 05:37:58 pm by Insigniawarfare
#18  February 13, 2017, 04:48:30 am
    • USA
It's looking to blow 2016 out of the water for me. I can't wait for Zelda, Cuphead, Yooka Laylee, Mario Odyssey and (hopefully) Xenoblade 2.