YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 688219 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Marvel vs. Capcom 4 Thread
#81  November 06, 2016, 09:57:27 pm
It was glitchy as fuck but it had a lot of cool characters and a lot of good ideas. It had all the XMA2 characters + Lady Deathstrike, male and female Prime Sentinel variants, Bastion, Dark Phoenix, another Psylocke variant that I'm pretty sure was meant to be Revanche, Bishop, Blob, and Pyro.

lui

#82  November 06, 2016, 09:58:49 pm
    • USA
Id rather have a company that actually makes good fighting games than have marvel develop the games themselves

SNT

#83  November 06, 2016, 11:04:26 pm
  • Sodium Nonchalance Technician
    • Australia
    • thesaltminedotcom.wordpress.com
I would be more interested in a msh 2 than a mvc4, I feel like the capcom side was underwhelming last time.
I can definitely agree with this, at least in as much as there's just so many more Marvel characters I'd be excited to see in a MvC4 than there are Capcom ones that I'd say hang the sense of it and make the next one all-Marvel.
If you're hosting your stuff on 4Shared, you might as well not release it at all.
#84  November 06, 2016, 11:12:37 pm
Yeah, I don't feel that the Capcom chars are much relevant for a Marvel fighting game. A few guests would be fine, even a bunch, but they shouldn't have to compete with the Marvel roster. It's fun to get a beam Shinkuu Hadouken, but it ends up being more limiting on the Marvel roster than anything. And the Street fighter characters are crippled from the start by having an existing moveset made to fit a much smaller screen.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#85  November 06, 2016, 11:18:55 pm
    • Mexico
I have to agree. I'd be more interested in having Marvel characters than Capcom characters. Not that the Capcom guys aren't interesting, but there's just too many superheroes and supervillains that would look awesome in a fighting game.
#86  November 06, 2016, 11:43:28 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://www.facebook.com/kleylson.cavalcante

Now you talked.... X-Men Children Of Atom 2 or MSH 2[or even a Avengers Fighting Game by Capcom] could be interesting to me :)

- Any suggestions for conversions? Look on my thread and have fun! :)
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#87  November 06, 2016, 11:52:04 pm
at this point it's possible to make a pretty good character lineup if they decide to limit themselves to characters they have the movie/tv rights to. characters like dr. strange, daredevil, luke cage, scarlet witch, everyone from gotg, loki, ultron and thanos are way more recognizable now.
Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 11:55:20 pm by Titiln
#88  November 06, 2016, 11:58:04 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
And by comparison Capcom would have to pull out their reserves and you'd get pretty weird characters that most of the public buying the game has no reason to enjoy or even remember fondly.

Everyone buying the game for the marvel cast wont have any reason to care for  Greene whats his name from dead rising , one of the pirates from that old barrel game and pure the Mage..
#89  November 07, 2016, 12:03:33 am
at this point it's possible to make a pretty good character lineup if they decide to limit themselves to characters they have the movie/tv rights to. characters like dr. strange, daredevil, luke cage, scarlet witch, everyone from gotg, loki, ultron and thanos are way more recognizable now.
Something like that but on the other hand I really don't think a Marvel fighter by Capcom that doesn't have Wolverine would make it through the gate without getting stoned to death. Plus there's a big chance they'd reuse anything they can from MvC3, realistically speaking.
(but it sure would be a good opportunity to refresh those movelists for boring copy-paste characters like Spidey...) I mean, if you're going to give Spidey someone else's movelist, at least make it Claw, not freaking Ryu...
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 12:10:38 am by Byakko
#90  November 07, 2016, 02:12:41 am
i fleshed out what it'd look like by making umvc3's marvel side all MCU characters and including 12 other characters that could also work.

Spoiler: dr strange bad guy (click to see content)
Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:16:23 am by Titiln
#91  November 07, 2016, 02:18:14 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://www.facebook.com/kleylson.cavalcante

*sees punisher*

Man, why in any MvC game they never did to mention Punisher even as a cameo on endings[not even as a special partner on MvC1]? I mean, it was the first Capcom game with Marvel licences on arcades..

.. If MvC4 is at least true, I hope Punisher can appear on the game. As a character, or at least a cameo.

- Any suggestions for conversions? Look on my thread and have fun! :)
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:23:58 am by ShinZankuro
#92  November 07, 2016, 02:26:08 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Was the bad guy in Dr strange a spoiler?
 I always assumed it wasnt ( because cmon who else would it be ) but I honestly aint sure if he had ever been announced because I skipped most news to avoid spoilers.
#93  November 07, 2016, 02:30:16 am
it was never announced so i'm treating it as a spoiler even if it's not a huge one
#94  November 07, 2016, 02:33:35 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Seems fair.
#95  November 07, 2016, 02:47:43 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Strong hypothetical roster although I can see the potential "Where's {X-Men character]?" from a mile away.
Good day from the house of the haunted
Get a job, get a house, get a coffin
Don't stray from the path, remain where you at
That maximizes our profit
Is that blunt? Oh well, hell, so's this boot
We live to hear you say "please don't shoot"
A pure delight, c'mon, make my night
When I file reports what's right's what I write
#96  November 07, 2016, 02:50:37 am
And Venom

GTA

#97  November 07, 2016, 07:53:48 am
  • Crime is the best thing to do.
And Venom

I'm already used to the new marvel characters and the new movies along with The Avengers and Deadpool being my favorites. But I'm still wonder if Venom will be back after a long absence. Haven't see him since the mediocre show Ultimate Spider-Man, which is NOT Venom. The best Venom was for me the psx incarnation Venom and he has personality than just 'Rawr,  I'm a monster and I'm going eat you.'

If only they could stick the classic and bringing the real Venom back we all know and love.
#98  November 20, 2016, 12:44:25 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Life sucks, but at least I have JoJo
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
#99  November 20, 2016, 12:53:19 am
It absolutely doesn't say never. It just says what everyone knew about the rumor that it was being developed : it was false (surprise !). But that doesn't mean it won't happen in 10 years.
#100  November 20, 2016, 01:04:38 am
one of the tweets is from july and the other from late september. the guy saying mvc4 is definitely happening (with early testing happening next year) said so in late october.