YesNoOk

Piccolo (Read 46860 times)

Started by deddy95, August 10, 2015, 03:28:45 am
Share this topic:
Re: Piccolo
#61  October 19, 2015, 09:35:25 pm
I have also to ask you, do you think i should keep a regular shading or shade him with the light source being the blast?
You should go with the second choice as it is more realistic and also cooler to see than the regular shading.
#62  October 19, 2015, 10:23:49 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

After the slash attack we have our opponent down to the ground, piccolo could teleport again over him and shot him right in the face with a ki blast, or something like this: (sorry for the missing hands, it's just a raw sketch. I have also to ask you, do you think i should keep a regular shading or shade him with the light source being the blast?)
Unfortunately i couldn't sketch yet the other ideas but i was thinking about:
- piccolo stomping the enemy in the chest mitch-lucker-style
- piccolo reaching over the opponent and punch him in the face as many times as the player wants (given a limit)

As you may have noticed my idea of gameplay for a well balanced character is not very clear, any kind of help is useful.
What do you guys think?
Darkstalkers had a move calleda  pursuit attack, where you could press up and a punch or kick to trigger an animation where they went after the opponent and kicked them or whatever. if two buttons were pressed it would be an ex and a blast or something else would occur, you could use something like that.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Night_Warriors:_Darkstalkers'_Revenge#Pursuits
#63  October 19, 2015, 10:35:06 pm
That's exactly what i was mumbling about. Thank you very much!
#64  October 19, 2015, 10:50:29 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
one thing tha tmight be interesting is a lvl1 move where he ports to different parts of the screen ( depending on the button pressed) and shoots down a big OTG fireball. That would be fun as well.
#65  October 31, 2015, 10:52:00 pm
Hi, sorry everyone if i'm not updating this regularly but i'm having a hard time finding.. time to open paint and actually make something. Double sorry since i'm posting animation without a precise logic but whatever.
This is just a concept of a "mock" intro:
At first i decided to insert even the sprite from extreme butoden but it was too beautiful compared to mine so TAKE YOUR PERFECTION ELSEWHERE, you damn wonderful piccolo.
The progression of the evolution is not based on the year the game came out (even if this might be a bettere idea), it's mainly focused on the height of every sprite to achieve a better flow.
#66  October 31, 2015, 10:55:45 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That's actually a pretty good idea for an intro, I like how you handled it.

And don't worry about not updating regularly, I just come into my WIP threads and sprite projects once every blue moon to show off some new stuff, so your A-OK. :thumbsup:
This is a generic forum signature.
#67  April 27, 2016, 10:59:17 am
Hi Deddy95, I'm Hangster AboHangster, the same from the DBAF forums. I was remembering those times where I did sprites for DBAF Mugen Game, so I decided to check if my sprites were still on-line, and I was pleased to see that someone followed my work, congratulations, I like what you did with piccolo. Greetings. P.S. I will check on my old files to see if I can find those sprites that I was doing and never uploaded to the DBAF forum, If I find it, I will post them here.