YesNoOk

We need mugenguild android app (Read 3527 times)

Started by aimforthetop, February 26, 2015, 05:51:53 pm
Share this topic:
We need mugenguild android app
#1  February 26, 2015, 05:51:53 pm
  • Bring it on!
    • norules10@windowslive.com
Hello guys I think that making an app for this forum will make our lives a liitle easier. What do you think?
Re: We need mugenguild android app
#2  February 26, 2015, 06:10:57 pm
sounds like a waste time
#3  February 26, 2015, 06:20:43 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
What would be the point? I can check this forum without problems in my smartphone browser.
look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85
#4  February 26, 2015, 06:24:50 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
In what way would it make things easier? What additions would you plan on including to enhance our UX? If you make Android, you'd obviously have to include iOS as well.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#5  February 26, 2015, 09:14:19 pm
  • SNK is life
I see this as a good idea - Every load of every page of the forum, even if it's only text or the main forums list takes up about 1 Mb. For those of us without limited data plans from our respective mobile companies that's restrictive. It'd work kinda like what (I assume, I'm clearly no expert) the Twitter / Facebook apps do - They install the main infrastructure for it only actual messages to be loaded.

Then again, developing for mobile requires very specific knowledge, and resources. Dunno, but my first guess because of each company's business model, that Android Development Kits would be far cheaper than developing for iOS. Also, would this App be free? Should the developer be allowed to charge for it in reward for taking one for the team?

Anyway, not crazy, I just doubt this is within MFG's reach.
#6  February 27, 2015, 02:07:35 am
  • Hëll
    • Brazil
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/MugenJaderMugen
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
LOL Elzee is very funny! XD
Same as my previous msg, but more concrete.
#7  February 27, 2015, 02:10:57 am
  • SNK is life
Every load of every page of the forum takes up at least about 1 Mb. That affects mobile users with limited data plans.

An app would have the template pre-installed, and only download the post text info. Substantial improvement.
#8  February 27, 2015, 02:14:14 am
is it that much with sigs and avatars off
#9  February 27, 2015, 02:22:08 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Every load of every page of the forum takes up at least about 1 Mb. That affects mobile users with limited data plans.

An app would have the template pre-installed, and only download the post text info. Substantial improvement.

Can you show me the statistics on this? Somehow I doubt it's even half a meg with sigs and avatars off. I personally have had no problems on my phone or tablet even when I was on a very limited data plan on the campus W-iFi while I was a student. I even browsed on my laptop, with avatars and sigs on. Didn't go over the limit unless I had to download a big application for a class.

I could maybe do iOS, but you'd have to pay me.
#10  February 27, 2015, 02:43:09 am
  • SNK is life
is it that much with sigs and avatars off
Actually I meant the main index... but then again that one has the logo on it + 24 unique board icons (which are about 4.1 Kb each).

Can you show me the statistics on this? Somehow I doubt it's even half a meg with sigs and avatars off.
Spot on. The 1 Mb came from some calculations, looks like I was wrong. Just checked with a site size checker, it says the text itself is 145 kb + 201 kb logo + roughly 100 kb worth of icons = 445 kb for main index.

I just like Twitter's minimalist app layout, I thought MFG would benefit from something similar.
#11  February 28, 2015, 06:51:32 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
#12  February 28, 2015, 07:17:01 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Sounds like a sc-
Q: I have a no ad policy on my forum. Do I have to include ads on Tapatalk?
A: In a word, No. We fully believe that when it comes to your forum, only you should decide if you want to display ads and earn revenue from Tapatalk. If you do not want to display any ads, with one click in Tapatalk’s Forum Owner Dashboard you can choose to turn them off completely across your entire forum.
oh cool.