YesNoOk

Idea for SubForum (Read 11543 times)

Started by Nunor, September 16, 2011, 02:03:14 am
Share this topic:
Re: Idea for SubForum
#41  September 18, 2011, 09:56:13 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I think , until we manage to get val back ( and he implements a wiki into the main page, cuz that would be the better solution) the best solution is to setup two threads, where work for this would start, one stickied, the other with discussion and comments, both on mugen discussion. Then, whenever we get val back, we could implement a wiki into the main page and get something going on with more substance.
#42  September 19, 2011, 12:39:17 am
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
and it's way easy to manage than a wiki, IMO.
no it's not. you can't keep track of who updated what. you can't use categories. wikis have much better search than forums. this is a stupid idea

This, plus the fact that the option to have the user choose between author, game, system, character, and many more are easier than on a forum, depending on the software, but not much, wikis can add categories just by a typing it in brackets, while you have to do the process of adding categories, threads, and such.
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE
#43  September 19, 2011, 12:42:55 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I think , until we manage to get val back ( and he implements a wiki into the main page, cuz that would be the better solution) the best solution is to setup two threads, where work for this would start, one stickied, the other with discussion and comments...

Eh, sounds an awful lot like certain overly ambitious "Let's rescue something guild had years ago" project that didn't go anywhere.
Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:09:24 am by Scratchy
#44  September 19, 2011, 12:50:37 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
You should aim for English creators first. That's easier than aiming for Japanese creators IMO. If you see you're doing good with these ones, aim for the others then.
#45  September 19, 2011, 01:04:31 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I think , until we manage to get val back ( and he implements a wiki into the main page, cuz that would be the better solution) the best solution is to setup two threads, where work for this would start, one stickied, the other with discussion and comments...

Eh, sounds an awful lot like certain overly ambitious "Let's rescue something guild had years" project that didn't go anywhere.
I think it's a little different if the original person that did that to begin with wants to attempt and bring it back though.
#46  September 19, 2011, 01:10:00 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Eh, sounds an awful lot like certain overly ambitious "Let's rescue something guild had years" project that didn't go anywhere.

=D hey rajaa ended up reviving the awards right, even if my first project to revive them fell on its butt.
#47  September 19, 2011, 04:56:12 am
  • Mugen Fighters Guild Reopens...
    • Portugal
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/guild/start.html
Guess i'll have to revive the Mugen Fighters Guild...
I believe it's your fate to be here. It's your destiny.
#48  September 19, 2011, 05:16:41 am
  • I got a PM.
Nunor My mugen wiki just went down and I can't afford to keep it going. I can bring it here and it will serve your purpose. Also if it is here, people might update it more.

There was an alphabetical list of creators and the search worked very well.

I wish I can show what I was talking about, but creator even had there own pages. Ask the others about it. It was fun.

It was updateable by anyone with really lax rules. If it became the guild's instead of mine then people could post here and update their characters there, which was the original idea but only few did it.

So if you have server space, then it might be good.
#49  September 19, 2011, 07:49:51 am
  • +1 to whoever added Godzilla to the main index.
The database should be able to do intersections when searching.

for example 'source_game:MvC1 and character:Ryu'.

I'm not sure if MediaWiki etc. can do that, and haven't spent to much time try to search that way.
i think we should call it an "engine" so we don't look like total idiots because otherwise we'd be arguing about a "game" and that would be somehow "dumber" than arguing about an "engine" on the "internet" for countless hours

Iced said:
I for one, do not enjoy round corners!  :bigcry:
But they hurt much less when we accidentally hit them!  :S
Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 07:58:32 am by MirageAtoli
#50  September 19, 2011, 01:38:47 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Guess i'll have to revive the Mugen Fighters Guild...
ive already contacted val, do you want to start with the two threads thing where one is stickied and the other is normal and people comment there?
#51  September 19, 2011, 03:15:35 pm
    • Portugal
Iced, for now don't create the threads, since there's not an agreement that it's the best choice...
I will however probably will ask you again later if you can create a thread for it for people to comment but in another context.

#52  September 19, 2011, 03:26:07 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I wish I could give you a more definite answer.
#53  September 19, 2011, 08:09:06 pm
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
i loved what shamrock did with his wiki. if that could be taken over by the guild, that'd be great.

and can integrate it into the forum for the database portion by creating subsections that redirect right into the links of the wiki DB.
#54  September 19, 2011, 10:18:08 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
something like the booru pages seems better,you can add tags to character's pages to make it more flexible, the image could be just a screenshot collage of the specific character, since most of the info will come from the tags anyway.
#55  September 19, 2011, 11:34:22 pm
    • Portugal
Nunor My mugen wiki just went down and I can't afford to keep it going. I can bring it here and it will serve your purpose. Also if it is here, people might update it more.

There was an alphabetical list of creators and the search worked very well.

I wish I can show what I was talking about, but creator even had there own pages. Ask the others about it. It was fun.

It was updateable by anyone with really lax rules. If it became the guild's instead of mine then people could post here and update their characters there, which was the original idea but only few did it.

So if you have server space, then it might be good.

I only have my multimania account. I think i can't install a wiki there...
#56  September 19, 2011, 11:56:31 pm
Tags:
shoto
capcom
white gi
ryu
street fighter
street fighter alpha 3
n64mario
headband
fireball
feet
penis
ass
#57  September 20, 2011, 12:18:37 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I have no idea how to set up a wiki. I assume you need a database though :P

Until Val gets back and can hopefully put the wiki on the front of Guild I can offer you web space and a database to get it started. Then It can be transferred to Guild.
#58  September 20, 2011, 12:22:41 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Without val around we dont have the keys to do anything out of the board. If anyone sees val around, tell him to get here. =p

Also, it would be a good idea to consider using the work shamrock already has avaliable, he should have it saved .
#59  September 20, 2011, 12:26:41 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#60  September 21, 2011, 02:11:20 am
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
Imageboards sound intriguing.... too intriguing.

I don't think it would be wise to do so, gut instinct.
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE