YesNoOk

Ryu by DG (UPDATED 5/9/11) (Read 31190 times)

Started by KBN22, August 13, 2010, 10:35:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED AGAIN 9/10/10)
#41  September 11, 2010, 02:38:21 pm
  • Heroin-flavored bananas finance revolutions!!!
Yes, winanimation is working nice now.
I see, you added assertspecial...flag=roundnotover...

Still...Seoi Nage with back+HP... does not switch sides with p2 like it should...  :wtfgoi:

:S Maybe I'm thinking of something different..what exactly do you mean..I wantz to fix it.

EDIT:I went ahead and fixed the CMD for the THROWs so they are easier to pull off...
Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 03:21:23 pm by kibanaruto22
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED AGAIN 9/11/10)
#42  September 11, 2010, 03:34:40 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
 ;D

Normal situation, p1 is left side, p2 on the right...
Forward + HP(z) Seoi Nage throws p2 back on HIS side (right)...
Back + HP(z) Seoi Nage should throw p2 on p1 side (left)... thus switching sides...
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED AGAIN 9/11/10)
#43  September 11, 2010, 03:46:20 pm
;D

Normal situation, p1 is left side, p2 on the right...
Forward + HP(z) Seoi Nage throws p2 back on HIS side (right)...
Back + HP(z) Seoi Nage should throw p2 on p1 side (left)... thus switching sides...

Oh ok I got it, it seems that the ctrl for seoi nage is a holdback cmd, he'll switch sides if you make sure to HOLD back during the throw..if you only holdback to just initiate the throw then it comes off as a regular forward throw...it's weird, I'll see if I can fix that

THNX again  :sugoi:

EDIT: BIG THANKS to Hadoabuser for his help with the Seoi Nage throw...should be fixed now..all that's left to do is add some Dizzy FX and SND, re-code the Shinkuu Tatsumaki and possibly add in more CVS style FX..along with re-doing the entire CLSNs..Oh and fixing the p2 throw state for the Seoi Nage..hmmm
Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 12:11:16 am by kibanaruto22
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED 9/11/10)
#44  September 12, 2010, 12:35:45 am
    • Germany
Yes, throw is fixed.  :sugoi:

Oh, just a suggestion... If you find Dizzy FX & SND, use more then just one (like in SF2 - Stars, chickens, little Grim Reapers with corresponding sounds). Details, but I like those in chars...

Just like the wind sound in your "Relex" win animation.  :2thumbsup: I added the assertspecial, roundtnotover to this win animation too.
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED 9/11/10)
#45  September 12, 2010, 12:51:41 am
Yes, throw is fixed.  :sugoi:

Oh, just a suggestion... If you find Dizzy FX & SND, use more then just one (like in SF2 - Stars, chickens, little Grim Reapers with corresponding sounds). Details, but I like those in chars...

Just like the wind sound in your "Relex" win animation.  :2thumbsup: I added the assertspecial, roundtnotover to this win animation too.

Ooppss, forgot to add it to that state as well, lol..ReUploaded THNX
I was having such a horrible time adding the Dizzy SND to other players from their 5300 dizzy state, I figured it might be easier to just add sound to an explod that hovers above their heads during their dizzy state...but I'm still having troubles with that as well, but I'll certainly add the stars,birds and reapers as soon as I figure out how to get the whole sound issue to work, so far I got it all to work with Ryu's Dizzy state, but other players are not responding to it..urrggg

EDIT:Added Dizzy FX to P2 Custom Dizzy state (Denjin Hadouken Dizzy!!)
Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 11:06:41 pm by kibanaruto22
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED 9/12/10)
#46  September 12, 2010, 11:43:00 pm
    • Germany
Yeah, nice!  :thumbsup:

I do think dizzy state is a bit too short...
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED 9/12/10)
#47  September 13, 2010, 12:06:01 am
Yeah, nice!  :thumbsup:

I do think dizzy state is a bit too short...

Yea, Re-Uploaded. I went ahead and put the time from 60 to 100 (DG's original Dizzy time)
I guess originally I thought it too much, but with these neat new Dizzy FX, it doesnt seem that long now  ;D

Well I guess now it's time to fix that Shinkuu Tatsumaki...not really looking forward to it..but it needs to be done...THNX again Bro...

EDIT:Went ahead and Semi-Fixed the Seoi Nage Thrown state..until I can figure out how to get P2's state to not turn until animelem 2....

EDIT:Added Regular hitsparks for Basic attacks

EDIT:THNX to Hadoabuser again for fixing the seoi nage THROWN state also added new launcher sprite, ENJOY!!
Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 12:24:09 am by kibanaruto22
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED 9/16/10)
#48  September 16, 2010, 08:29:15 pm
    • Germany
You know that you have to fix now the second throw? Do the Seoi Nage throw and hold forward the whole time, then try to do his Tomoe Nage throw (f/b + HK/c)... Won´t work...
#49  September 16, 2010, 09:14:00 pm
 ;D Probably would've been a good thing to fix that..Ok Updated Link, works fine Now!! THNX again man, you've really helped me out alot!!
#50  September 17, 2010, 06:01:14 am
I hope you don't mind kibanaruto22, but I made a SF4 English Ryu SND for this character.

I'd been waiting for someone to release an english SND for a while now for a Ryu or Evil Ryu, but since I've never found one and your Ryu played so well, I decided to give it a shot myself.

Sound effects are the same, but almost all voice was replaced with the English Ryu sounds from SF4. Includes sounds for the intro and win poses.

http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=NN4KKWAB

Tell me what you all think.
#51  September 17, 2010, 06:27:04 am
I hope you don't mind kibanaruto22, but I made a SF4 English Ryu SND for this character.
Sound effects are the same, but almost all voice was replaced with the English Ryu sounds from SF4. Includes sounds for the intro and win poses.
Tell me what you all think.

Rock on, still has some Japanese SNDs in there though..um...not really my cup of tea...also worth mentioning,it works for DG's original Ryu as well..so there's that...yea
#52  September 17, 2010, 08:40:12 am
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
Awesome!! Nice Edit! I Like the Sounds!, but i don't like the Akuma's Teleport (You Show on the Video) on this Ryu but i think you can add the 2 transform (Ken, Akuma) like mvc! only with a palette change works and diferent stand sprites xD, and all have the same problem with the position when ryu is lauching hadouken check:

You:

Original:

You can fix only the sprites or you can code this on the lauching state
#53  September 17, 2010, 03:20:59 pm
Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 03:27:07 pm by kibanaruto22
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED 9/17/10)
#54  September 17, 2010, 10:31:29 pm
I also wondered why this Ryu has the Akuma Teleport when obviously this isn't an Evil Ryu. I mean it isn't something that really is wrong or anything, but it really is out of place.

I know that a running animation probably isn't possible, but I think that the teleport would be better left out.

Don't get me wrong I think this Ryu kicks ass, but that could probably go.

I tell you one thing that would make this Ryu awesome would be to incorporate that ground and pound move that Vyn had in his SF3 Evil Ryu. Probably isn't possible with the different size between both character sprites, but that was a sweet move.

One other thing, when I was changing the sounds, I noticed he only has one Hadoken sound. Usually you have the regular Hadoken sound, then a more pronounced version during a special/hyper move.

that's why I used the more pronunced version when I changed the sound as it sounds better during hyper/super movies, but unfortunately it sounds too strong for the regular Hadokens.

Can you add another Hadoken sound for the regular ones to separate the two? I'd do it, but as I know how to replace existing sounds, I don't know how to add new sounds in sequence to match the animations.
#55  September 18, 2010, 04:14:04 am
Updated Ryu!! Fixed CHP Launcher height,Now only one hadouken on screen at a time,New Fade effect for Hyper portrait,more CvS hitsparks..ENJOY!!
#56  September 18, 2010, 06:38:34 pm
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
Awesome, but i think the air dash not necessary :( and in the Crouching Strong Kick the character falls way too fast and has little pausetime check:

You:
pausetime = 5, 5
ground.velocity = -5.2, -1

My Idea:
pausetime = 8, 8
ground.velocity = -2, -6

Now i can use a super power or hadouken etc after i trip the character :sugoi:

Good Luck
#57  September 18, 2010, 06:42:25 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
He can still throw multiple aerial hadokens on screen. And I areckon you could add a superspark along with ther super background.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED 9/18/10)
#58  September 18, 2010, 08:47:39 pm
Character falls way too fast and has little pausetime check
He can still throw multiple aerial hadokens on screen.
Add a superspark along with ther super background.

:sugoi: Great Feedback as always!! I went ahead and tried out the pausecheck and I love it, Thank you. Next update I'll add a seperate Def&CMD for Ryu w/o Ashura/Air Dash

I Went ahead and also added a Special Spark for the Supers, although I'll probably end up making a more PotS-esque style spark for his Supers later on...
 --;  Oh and added the One Hadouken Air code too, cant believe I overlooked that..

Thanks Guys, I truly do appreciate the help!!
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED 9/19/10)
#59  September 19, 2010, 08:49:19 pm
    • Germany
 :thumbsup: I like the new super sparks, very nice...

Again some feedback...

- KO p2 after a dizzy state from the Denjin with a Shin SRK... Strange ko animation there...
 -  ¬_¬ I can cancel a ground forward/back dash into a jump??
 - after a Shakunetsu knockdown I can do another Hadouken only after p2 gets up again...  o_O
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED 9/19/10)
#60  September 19, 2010, 09:19:25 pm
:thumbsup: I like the new super sparks, very nice...
 - KO p2 after a dizzy state ...Strange ko animation there...
 -  ¬_¬ I can cancel a ground forward/back dash into a jump??
 - after a Shakunetsu knockdown I can do another Hadouken only after p2 gets up

Updated Link!! New Super Sparks on all Supers...ENJOY!!

The Dizzy Dead state is something most SF3 chars had I assume..it's just a weird Death

I'll look into the Dash/Jump problem later
EDIT: It's actually in the Hop Forward/Backward state, you can cancel Dash by punching Kicking Jumping Crouching, etc...Don't know if I'll change this or not

Same with the Fire Hadouken problem..should only take a small stateno code in the CMD
Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 02:08:47 am by kibanaruto22