YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1578998 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#81  June 11, 2011, 02:51:29 am
    • USA
#82  June 11, 2011, 04:33:40 am
    • http://nxistence.tumblr.com/
Can it be a forum rule never to link to kotaku ever, especially in the case of Ashcraft articles that show off his super disturbing abilities to tie his fetishes into every aspect of gaming possible?
#83  June 11, 2011, 04:35:29 am
#84  June 11, 2011, 04:38:09 am
But...but...600 dollars!?  :'(
#85  June 11, 2011, 04:46:14 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#86  June 14, 2011, 10:00:06 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

Michel Ancel, the creator of Rayman and Beyond Good and Evil, has said that he does not think Nintendo's new console should be deemed 'next-gen'.

Asked if the Wii U is a next-generation machine, Ancel replied: "Not really. I think Wii U is next-gen in terms of interface."

Speaking to VideoGamer.com at E3, Ancel explained how he thinks others will be quick to imitate Nintendo.

"I think people are going to copy it, because you've got this mix between tablet, touch screen and big screen – big screen and little screen - there are a lot of possibilities."

Pressed on this issue - whether he expected Microsoft or Sony to cook up something similar - Ancel replied: "I don't know if Sony will do it, or Microsoft – but yes, I think it's a possibility. But I think the main thing is to have this – offering new ways to play is very interesting."

Ubisoft currently has several projects in development for Wii U, although Ancel was quick to confirm that Rayman was not one of them.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/wii_u_is_not_next-gen_says_michel_ancel.html?
#87  June 15, 2011, 04:27:27 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
No DVD or BluRay playback on WiiU

Wii U has last-gen Radeon inside, still more advanced than PS3 and Xbox 360

Slowly, but surely, we're starting to piece together what's going on inside that mysterious white box known as the Wii U. IBM was a little coy about the multi-core CPU it was providing, but did tantalize us by mentioning the name "Watson" in describing some of its underlying tech. Now details about the custom Radeon GPU are starting to surface and, while certainly capable, it's not exactly cutting edge. At its heart is a chip similar to the R770 found in AMD's last-gen cards like the 4890 and, before you dismiss it, remember the PS3 and Xbox 360 are still capable of pumping out impressive visuals while packing five-year-old silicon (The 360 is essentially running a souped up ATI X1900). The custom core also supports Direct X 10.1 (Microsoft runs out of steam with Direct X 9) and Eyefinity-like multi-display tech for up to four SD video streams -- though it'll be up to Nintendo and developers to put that to good use. In case you're still not convinced of the Wii U's graphical prowess, Crytek has said its advanced CryEngine is "pretty much" up and running on Nintendo's upcoming console -- and, if it's good enough for Crysis, it should be good enough for you

Nintendo registered the following domains
- kirbywii.com
- mariobrosu.com
- newsupermariobrosmii.com
- newsupermariobrosu.com
- rhythmheavenwii.com
- rhythmparadisewii.com
- supermariobrosmii.com
- supermariobrosu.com
- wii-u.com
- wii-u.net
- wiibalanceboardu.com
- wiifitu.com
- wiimusicu.com
- wiipartyu.com
- wiiplayu.com
- wiispeaku.com
- wiisportsu.com
- wiiubalanceboard.com
- wiiufit.com
- wiiumusic.com
- wiiuni.com
- wiiuniverse.net
- wiiuparty.com
- wiiuplay.com
- wiiuremote.com
- wiiuremote.net
- wiiuspeak.com
- wiiusports.com
- wiiuware.com
- wiiuwheel.com
- wiiuzapper.com
- wiiwareu.com
- wiiwheelu.com
#88  June 15, 2011, 11:18:02 pm
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
Everything past Super Mario Bros U is a whole bunch of Are You Fucking Kidding Me.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#89  June 16, 2011, 08:18:30 pm
it's to prevent domain squatting
#90  June 16, 2011, 09:36:54 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Stop the presses everyone, Wii U is surely gonna dominate with exclusives like THIS
#91  June 16, 2011, 09:52:05 pm
It occurs to me that maybe, just maybe, they should start letting game demonstrators sit down while they play. Dude looks uncomfortable as shit. Much like the game he is demoing.

SNT

#92  June 17, 2011, 08:03:13 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
#93  June 17, 2011, 09:53:00 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#94  June 17, 2011, 02:09:40 pm
#95  June 17, 2011, 07:32:36 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
You have to beat  evil betty to stand a chance against my jokes
#96  June 21, 2011, 06:46:43 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#97  July 21, 2011, 04:04:07 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Nintendo has trademarked a whole host of Wii U titles.

Here is the full list, courtesy of website Siliconera:

Wii U + logo
Mii U
Wii Fit U
Wii Sports U
Wii Music U
Wii Party U
Wii Play U
WiiWare U
Wii Balance Board U
Balance Wii Board U
Wii Wheel U
Wii Zapper U
Wii U Fit
Wii U Music
Wii U Party
Wii U Sports
Wii U Play
Wii U Ware
Wii U Balance Board
Balance Wii U Board
Wii U Wheel
Wii U Zapper
Wii Speak U
Wii U Speak
Shield Pose
#98  September 09, 2011, 03:36:04 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Nintendo Having Serious Problems Getting the Wii U Working?

Since French site 01Net has proven itself somewhat reliable when it comes to Nintendo leaks of late, it's worth going back and looking at some of its other reports on the company's happenings over the past month. Like this one, that the Kyoto-based company is having problems getting the Wii U up and running. Big problems.

According to 01Net's report, the hardware powering the Wii U simply isn't up to scratch to do what Nintendo needs it to: Namely, run not just the console, but beam data to its fancy touch-screen controller as well. Apparently developers working on the console are having to use "tethers" to ensure serviceable communication between the Wii U and its controller, but even then things still aren't working that well, and progress is reportedly halted daily with repeated software updates for the pad.

The source spilling the beans—who, given the publication, sounds like it could be a European third-party developer—also says that these problems have caused a delay in the console's launch, an original June 2012 release now being pushed back to sometime around September.

While there's no way of proving this as of yet (we've contacted Nintendo for comment, by the way), if true, it certainly makes the Wii U sound "rushed". Which would fit Nintendo's pattern of late! I've always felt the 3DS was rushed (to meet a March deadline, thus brightening up Nintendo's end-of-year fiscals), from its midnight announcement to its single thumbstick to its delayed services release.

If this report is correct, it shouldn't surprise too many people that the Wii U has been put on a similar development fast-track, one aimed at getting a new home console to the market as quickly as possible to compensate for a sharp decline in Wii sales.

Well..wouldnt be the first time Nintendo shows a prototype of a console and the machine in stores works different and with less poer and features as advertised before

#99  September 09, 2011, 03:38:33 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I fail to see how an unreleased console that is still in development having pre-release technical issues even remotely qualifies as news.
#100  December 03, 2011, 05:46:19 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Wii U has quad core 3GHz CPU, 768 MB of RAM
On December 2nd, 2011 in News, Rumor

Wii U specsNintendo is finally set to release a new, much more powerful console with HD graphics, and many are wondering what kind of technology we might find inside the console, and how it will compare with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. We’ve heard from developers who have access to the console that the Wii U is “50% more powerful” than the Xbox 360 and PS3. We now know that those estimates of 50% are based on the fact that the Wii U is around 50% more powerful on paper, according to information Wii U Daily obtained from a Japanese developer who is currently working on porting a PS3 game to the Wii U.

According to the source, the Wii U specs are:

Quad Core, 3 GHz PowerPC-based 45nm CPU, very similar to the Xbox 360 chip.
    768 MB of DRAM “embedded” with the CPU, and shared between CPU and GPU
    Unknown, 40nm ATI-based GPU

The source also mentions that Nintendo has been testing two versions of the console, one with 768 MB of RAM, and one with 1 GB. The RAM is also made by IBM and is embedded with the processor on the same die/silicon, which results in more bandwidth.

These were the specs that Nintendo showed developers around March 2011, so it’s unknown how close to the final specs these are, considering there’s a year until the console is scheduled for release.

When it was unveiled earlier this year, Nintendo confirmed that the Wii U would support 1080p graphics and 3D is possible as well.

http://wiiudaily.com/2011/12/wii-u-has-quad-core-3ghz-cpu-768-mb-of-ram/

Around 50% more "raw" power sounds realistic to me even when these specs are from march already, since the console comes many years after the ps3 and xb360, that it wont be a true "next gen" when it comes to the graphics and will most likely again be outdated when the next MS and Sony hardware is on the market was to be expected. However i dont think that would be a problem for Nintendo, they managed to make the Wii a giant success while it is basically not much more than a gamecube 1,5 so they wont have big problems selling the Wii-U as well i bet.

It will be interesting to see how publishers will use the situation, it wont be easy for them sometimes for multiplatform games if they have 2 similar strong  consoles on the market and one with a lot more power.

2012 will be a exciting year i bet!