YesNoOk

Cybaster's Patches - Part 2, POTS (Read 7151 times)

Started by Cybaster, August 22, 2011, 01:16:10 am
Share this topic:
Cybaster's Patches - Part 2, POTS
#1  August 22, 2011, 01:16:10 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Hi guys, this is the second part of the series of patches for various Mugen stages out there. After NeoGouki, here come 1.0 patches for POTS' stages.
You know that many old yet great creators have retired, thus will probably never update their old works to be fully compatible with the new Mugen 1.0. While Mugen 1.0 aims at being as retro compatible as possible, there are still a few things that aren't parsed identically, and will produce stage bugs which weren't happening in DOS Mugen nor Winmugen.

Even though POTS updated all his characters to 1.0, it looks like he overlooked some of his stages, that aren't entirely compatible with Mugen 1.0. Several of his stages being some of my favourite ones, I decided to check them all and updated if needed. Fortunately, there wasn't much to be fixed compared to NeoGouki.

All the stages originate from http://mugenguild.com/pots, the patch only includes the DEF file, so you will need to go to POTS' website to grab the SFF.
Only the stages listed thereafter have been patched to fix something. Consider all other stages to work in Mugen 1.0 as they used to in Winmugen, i.e. bugless.

Here's a list of the changes/fixes :

MITTELBIRGE :
- Fixed tiling for the lightning flash layer.

SODOM RING :
- Adjusted crowd X-delta to avoid a vertical black line appearing in HR resolution.

VR TRAINING :
- Removed zoffsetlink causing floor to completely bug during high jumps.

LINK : http://www.sendspace.com/file/r3avkc
Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:46:40 am by Cybaster
Re: Cybaster's Patches - Part 2, POTS
#2  August 22, 2011, 01:30:02 am
    • Argentina
Yay, thanks for updating those stages, I was waiting for something that wants to do this update! ;)
#3  August 23, 2011, 04:44:40 am
good stuff! Thank you
#4  August 23, 2011, 05:32:45 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Sweet, VR training looked weird. Thanks Cybaster. :)