YesNoOk

Kohaku's WIP thread  (Read 484475 times)

Started by Kohaku~★, January 03, 2011, 03:10:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Kohaku's WIP thread
#1021  March 12, 2018, 07:38:19 am
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
 I been used a lot of your characters got helpers...

it seems it will take for a while before i get used to it until she got released
#1022  March 12, 2018, 05:48:40 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
Wow! Under Night In-Birth characters, and made by you, that´s gooooooood notice. I´m waiting this character, good luck!
#1023  March 12, 2018, 08:42:53 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
So you're finally back.
I'll keep my eyes on you from now on then.
This is fate.
#1024  March 12, 2018, 11:50:54 pm
    • USA
I'm glad Orie is getting the Kohaku treatment because Selvaria and Miyuki are in my mugen team. The ones made by AnT and 41 feel stiff as hell, and every time I try recording fights playing them I get my ass handed to me.
#1025  March 13, 2018, 03:59:09 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
Speaking about scaling. When you update your DBFC characters, can you readjust the size to make them a little smaller? I personally think they are a tad too big as your Taiga for example is taller than KFM. I don't recall her being that tall in the anime. Since Sennou-Room sets both scales to 0.3 on his DBFC characters, I think that's the best scale that your characters should be on.

Can't wait to see your take on Under Night In-Birth too. Hope the size for Orie is adjusted accordingly.

This was brought up before and the only reason why I scaled them that way was because I used other DBFC characters created by other authors as a reference when first developing Taiga. Most of them were scaled to 0.335 which is what I went with in the end for "consistency" with the majority of the DBFC characters that were released during that time.

It has crossed my mind before, but I'm not going to make any guarantees. It's not so simple as to just adjust the scale, I would also have to adjust the positioning and size of all the helpers the characters use as effects (not to mention adjust their collision/hit boxes as well if it had one).
#1026  March 13, 2018, 10:27:18 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
If you're talking about my MB characters, then no. I won't be making anymore PotS style characters. There are plenty of people already who have that covered.
#1027  March 13, 2018, 12:09:04 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Speaking about scaling. When you update your DBFC characters, can you readjust the size to make them a little smaller? I personally think they are a tad too big as your Taiga for example is taller than KFM. I don't recall her being that tall in the anime. Since Sennou-Room sets both scales to 0.3 on his DBFC characters, I think that's the best scale that your characters should be on.

Can't wait to see your take on Under Night In-Birth too. Hope the size for Orie is adjusted accordingly.

This was brought up before and the only reason why I scaled them that way was because I used other DBFC characters created by other authors as a reference when first developing Taiga. Most of them were scaled to 0.335 which is what I went with in the end for "consistency" with the majority of the DBFC characters that were released during that time.

It has crossed my mind before, but I'm not going to make any guarantees. It's not so simple as to just adjust the scale, I would also have to adjust the positioning and size of all the helpers the characters use as effects (not to mention adjust their collision/hit boxes as well if it had one).
I decided to experiment and scale the characters myself to see how they look. I'm aware that the effects would need scaling too so I already adjusted those accordingly. Since the effects also have scales of 0.335, it's not too hard for me to find which ones that need it. I can understand why you wouldn't as certain characters like your Asuna and Miyuki have a ton of effects and it took a while for me to scale all of them down. After testing, the only thing that's misaligned a bit is the hitsparks. Other than that, I don't see anything else unless I'm missing something.

I don't get why would you need to. When you scale down the character, wouldn't the collision/hit boxes as well or are you talking about the effects themselves if they have collision/hit boxes?

OMG you are back!? I've been using your awesome chars for so long time especially these pots style ones.
I was wondering kohaku, if you would make more pots style chars in future..
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-hd-p4u2-ultimax-mugen-cvsarrange-project-183082.0.html
here is the project i'm currently working on, and i'm thinking also adding your chars but I need to convert their super combo FX into 1.1 size first
good luck on making chars!!:D
Why would you call his/her characters "PotS Style"? Just because they have the same hitsparks as them? They are so many differences in other aspects I wouldn't consider them that.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#1028  April 15, 2018, 04:59:20 am
  • Palette Referencer MUSIC is my LYFE
    • USA
Hiiiii Kohaku!!!   It's been a while since you release Emi I liked your progress of your character and I will support you this is Maki Nishikino BTW my account got hacked :( I can't even login anymore anyways you are always welcome to request me some palette you know my thing XD anyways GOOD LUCK!!!
[/img]http://imgur.com/PXKjXbP[/img]
#1029  April 15, 2018, 04:11:35 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
Thank you for the support. Anyways I have to apologize for the lack of info regarding Orie as of late, but because of some personal problems beyond my control, development on her has stalled for the time being. Despite that, I do plan to release her by the end of the year.
#1030  April 15, 2018, 05:08:12 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Sorry to hear that, just take your time, this is just a hobby anyway. It is good to hear from you and that you're still playing Heroes.
#1031  September 05, 2018, 09:00:42 am
  • Stage Creator
    • Philippines
Pretty hyped about Orie - she looks cool as hell.

Oh sweet, This is a nice suprise of a WIP~ Specialy since (Thanks to you) already know how to adjust your characters to HD to fully use them or fight them.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

What more suprises you have?
Also, ExCham, if you don't mind, can you also teach me how to do these adjustments? Thanks in advance.
#1032  September 10, 2018, 09:39:50 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
I know I've been MIA when it comes to Mugen, but I can assure you Orie will be released one day. I guess you can say that she's my "10 year Mugen anniversary" gift to you guys so I will need to complete her at one point off that fact alone.