YesNoOk

Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee for the Switch (Read 9097 times)

Started by GTOAkira, May 30, 2018, 03:57:11 am
Share this topic:
Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee for the Switch
#1  May 30, 2018, 03:57:11 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria

https://pokemonletsgo.pokemon.com/en-us/

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! bring the experience of a classic Pokémon RPG to Nintendo Switch with gameplay that is easily approachable for newcomers to the series, but is also deep enough to keep veteran Trainers on their toes.

The games also have two-player simultaneous play, so you can take the journey with a friend! And there’s a deep connection between Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! and Pokémon GO, so fans of the hit mobile game will find even more to enjoy.

New Pokemon RPG coming for the switch.
Has coop and seems to be a redesigned version of Pokemon Yellow
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 04:01:34 am by GTOAkira
Re: Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee for the Switch
#2  May 30, 2018, 04:11:04 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I do not know how I feel about this.  On the one hand, it appears to be a console remake of Pokemon Yellow, which would be amazing.  But the fact that so much of it seems copped from Pokemon Go is completely underwhelming.
#3  May 30, 2018, 04:15:51 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Should be noted that Generation 8 will happen next year for the very battle savvy.  This is a good way to introduce Go players to the main series until then.

Curious on the "deep veteran trainers" note there.
#4  May 30, 2018, 04:30:56 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
That is an oddly rendered box art.  Like, it looks like the Pikachu and Eevee weren't cut out right, and pasted on the Windows XP desktop.

Motion controls as an alternative are always a nice addition, and sometimes are actually helpful rather than a curiosity like with Splatoon 2.  But I hope it's just that; an alternative, because as for how I play Pokémon is rather as an aside on top of doing other things, like reading.  All the more so when in a crowd or just public in general, you don't want to be needing to throwing out punches while holding your joy-con just to perform a simple poke ball throw.

Now, I've still not bothered to install Pokémon Go, so its crossover connectivity with that means little to me currently.  I am curious how their presumably different approach to stats and moves will carry over to one another.  From what I know, it's even a greater change than updating gens 1 and 2 across virtual console to gen 7, though.

I'm also curious as to why they changed the wild encounters to visibly seeing all the wild pokemon wandering the map, rather than being a randomized unseen event.  They even kept the tall grass you would find wild encounters, so I wonder if it's just allowing the possibility of both running into something random or actually approaching the guy you want on the map.

That all said, game looks good.  Not exactly pushing the Switch's hardware to new boundaries, but you got co-op, you got your personal pokemon following you, you can ride your pokemon, you can customize your pokemon (though that might just be with the two starters).  Looking forward to it.
#5  May 30, 2018, 05:59:32 am
#6  May 30, 2018, 06:13:26 am
    • USA
That's...odd.  Sociability is a large point of Pokémon Go, which this is tied to.  And that also likely cancels out any chance of this being tied to Pokémon Bank, so no transferring up last generation's mons yet.

Eh, sounds then like it'd be best to take this game like a new Coliseum or XD.  Which...I now want an actual new Shadow Pokémon game, those were a great way to make spin-off games.  But yeah, still interested, but not even messing around online matchmaking with updated versions of the original 151 kinda kills the hopes for it helping hold over the wait for the real core games later on.  Oh well.  At least can we presume these Let's Go games will trade over to gen 8?  Because otherwise man, that really hurts the hype for this.
#7  May 30, 2018, 06:53:18 am
Eh, sounds then like it'd be best to take this game like a new Coliseum or XD.
Well, this is basically a new entry for veteran Go players instead of the core RPG base (at least the GCN games can transfer to cartridges).  I don't expect any Pokémon obtained here passed onto Gen 8, unless the hidden Pokémon Go caught text in Ultra Sun/Moon might play a role.

Also noted that Alolan Mons will be featured in PLG and the "special" Pokémon given is brand new.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

lui

#8  May 30, 2018, 07:32:46 am
    • USA
the guy who made the no online claim said he made a mistake.
#9  May 30, 2018, 04:13:23 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Source: https://serebii.net/

It's confirmed that the game only features the first 151 Pokémon + some Alolan Pokémon. It's also confirmed that there are no wild Pokémon battles, just the capture
Edit 13: It will also contain a Pokémon that has never been seen before. This is the Pokémon referenced in the trailer and sent to Pokémon GO
Edit 44: The controls for catching Pokémon in handheld mode will have you moving the console using the gyro with no touch control
Edit 51: When asking about EV training Pokémon, IGN reveals that the team wanted to simplify things with how you level up, raise & train your Pokémon, stating more details will come at a later date

So not Gen 8?
#10  May 30, 2018, 04:21:31 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
No. It's more like a simplified Gen 1 game than anything. It's nice that you can bring in another player to help out with playing this game. The main kicker is that these games have compatibility with Pokémon Go as in sending gifts and it seems like increasing cp and bonds with the park feature. Also, from the trailer, its a idea of giving your Go player an exclusive Pokémon. Gen 8 might come next year but these games have some potential.
#11  May 30, 2018, 08:38:01 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
I feel the intent behind these games seem to be for raking in newcomers who've only been playing Pokemon Go and haven't played much other games, then having them stick around so they would buy the actual Gen 8 game when it releases.  (As well as any other Switch games along the way.)

Sounds like a pretty smart idea.
#12  May 30, 2018, 08:42:09 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I feel the intent behind these games seem to be for raking in newcomers who've only been playing Pokemon Go and haven't played much other games, then having them stick around so they would buy the actual Gen 8 game when it releases.  (As well as any other Switch games along the way.)

Sounds like a pretty smart idea.

Agree, it takes a lot from Go and apply it to these games.
#13  May 30, 2018, 11:15:03 pm
    • USA
It's also confirmed that there are no wild Pokémon battles, just the capture
Ok, but, like, that's boring as hell.  At least Pokémon Go has you hunt the things in reality, this they're on very basic pre-determined areas that have long since been combed over and documented some 20 years ago, and you don't even need to challenge it?  And I'm sure they'll expand the Kanto map with new additions, maybe even reflect the future Kanto from gen 2/4's remasters, but still.

Man, I wanna like this, but being too much like Go is waning my interest slowly.

It just occurred to me, the build-up to finally getting to Mewtwo is going to be such a disappointment if it just ends up being throw a ball with the right timing and you get him.  None of the health management with him recovering and trying to stay alive alongside throwing them to add some well needed final boss stress.
Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 11:48:46 pm by Long John Killer
#14  July 12, 2018, 09:13:18 pm
    • USA
Bump for news.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/a-closer-look-at-the-new-pokemon-rpg-for-nintendo-switch/?cid=&utm_source=social&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=letsgo&utm_term=7122018

So we got a bunch of new information.  Online battle, trading and co-op confirmation, all Pokémon can follow you with various uses, Eevee got a heart-shaped tail for females now and so on.

Man, though, that Blue reinterpretation looks weird as hell.  Misty's off a little too, but that's just Ken's artwork shifting over the years.
#15  July 13, 2018, 10:44:10 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Jessie and James are returning too!

It also seems that legendary Pokemon encounters work like traditional Pokemon battles, based on this trailer.
#16  October 16, 2018, 05:05:04 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Just bumping the thread here with new info. It is confirmed that in the post-game, there are trainers known as Master Trainers. These trainers use Pokemon that are possibly very high leveled and there's 151 Master Trainers in all, with each being a user of one species of Pokemon. Like if you encounter a Squirtle Master Trainer, you must defeat their Squirtle(s) to gain said title and so on.

There is also this mythical Pokemon known as Meltan. It's a Steel type mythical that's only obtainable if you have your GO account linked to Let's GO and send a Pokemon from GO to Let's GO. Once sent, you get a Mystery Box in GO and Meltan will start appearing in GO but you have only around a half an hour to obtain it. If you fail, the Mystery Box will close and you will need to repeat the process until you capture Meltan. This is the only way to get Meltan so this will be unfortunate for those who do not have Pokemon GO. It is also hinted through the various footage that Meltan may change to a new form or even evolve and a silhouette of said possible new form/evolution was shown in the end.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#17  October 24, 2018, 03:40:54 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org

So Regirock donned a metal coat...
#18  October 24, 2018, 03:55:13 pm
What if SFV's Abigail donned a Persona?
#19  October 27, 2018, 01:45:54 pm
Vrrrrr vrrrrr vROOOOOM Vroom!
#20  November 11, 2018, 06:50:22 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
So with only less than a week remaining, the games have been datamined and boy is there so much to know about the deep insides of Let's GO.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!