YesNoOk

HEY VAL, READ THIS/kfm unban thread (Read 20370 times)

Started by Iced, October 20, 2008, 10:57:08 pm
Re: HEY VAL, READ THIS
#41  January 04, 2009, 06:24:44 pm
  • I got a PM.
Well I'm not happy about it, I bet No Point isn't either. I guess it was about time for me to get into the thick of shit with Byakko, KFM, and RS. No sense and talking behind their back.

Still, I'm new so that was a question with an expression of my feelings. I wanted to see what the rest of you felt because I'm learning from more experienced people that have been around longer and have a more learned opinion.

I guess someone felt it was time for me to move on to expressing my feelings rather than learning.

Next time I'll post something like that in Mugen Discussion so at least the crying and shit from the other side can be in public and not in my mailbox.

Still feels like a betrayal to me.

Oh well.
#42  January 04, 2009, 07:35:17 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Mailbox crying? post them up.
And no I dont think that was a normal move.
#43  January 04, 2009, 08:37:12 pm
    • Germany
I moved those posts. Sorry if you didn't want those public, I thought they were rather harmless. I agreed very much with your posts but didn't say so when I moved the thread, should've done that.

It happened way too often that when someone wanted to bring up a matter for the staff that they just conveniently added it to a post about something only marginally similar. While the general-purpose threads serve their purpose (doesn't look good when we make a new thread about every little thing), we should split off more seperate matters that get a number of replies. And use this forum less. Srsly.

Also, did you really get mailbox crying about that? :thinking:
#44  January 04, 2009, 08:40:26 pm
i dunno about harmless, kfm was at irc complaining about shamrock basically calling them nazis
#45  January 04, 2009, 08:45:28 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
you forgot who we were dealing with, val, its the exact same reason why I think that the ban should remain.
We arent even able to keep normal dialogue without having to be careful to not offend the royalty.
#46  January 04, 2009, 08:50:15 pm
    • Germany
Eh, I just re-read the post and I'm sorry I apparently kinda skipped the part about RS' rules and nazi etc when I first read it. Sorry about that, and I take back the harmless thing. Bleh, hope things don't get too messy o_O

basically calling them nazis

yeah not just basically. :P

you forgot who we were dealing with, val, its the exact same reason why I think that the ban should remain.
We arent even able to keep normal dialogue without having to be careful to not offend the royalty.

Well it is kinda insulting, gotta give him that.. still makes me not want him back here, I move 20% more towards not unbanning him ;P
#47  January 04, 2009, 08:53:20 pm
i think things would have gotten way messier by now if it was such a problem anyway. i told kfm i'd talk to shamrock about it but i don't think it's needed anymore after this thread
#48  January 04, 2009, 08:56:04 pm
    • Germany
Well they are kinda nazis, and Shamrock did kinda miss their prime with all the ridiculous rulesy-stuff, the current RS rules are already a direct consequence (within two days) of our change of attitude. I don't think anyone (besides Laxxe) would take you serious anymore if you gave some of the disclaimers that were common use back then :P
#49  January 04, 2009, 10:14:48 pm
  • I got a PM.
Cryings is to strong a word. Or maybe it's the perfect word. I'm having a rather good debate with Byakko. If he keeps up he might have me convinced I was wrong LOL.

There is a kind of, "come to the darkside" tone going on, because I agree with how they think about some things, not about how they act.

He knows how I feel about things and I told him that I would try to refrain from bashing RS in my future post so all is good......

I think......

#50  January 04, 2009, 10:25:54 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
If I were you i would avoid arguing with him for too long of a time. I used to do that, be the one he would try to appeal, but then after taking a hand he wanted an arm.
#51  January 04, 2009, 11:02:31 pm
    • Germany
#52  January 05, 2009, 02:09:50 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Well I'm not happy about it, I bet No Point isn't either.
I don't mind. I have said worse about them in public =p

They know how I feel about their mentalities and actions. Heck, RS formed because I was considering turning Guild into something similar to what it is now.

Problem was, I asked for feedback/opinions and didn't secretly plan an overthrow. Which in retrospect was my biggest hang up.
I've never been one to endorse "secret plans" and "hidden agendas". Asking for opinions? HAH, now I can look back and see how much SERIOUS BUSINESS I thought about all this.

I wouldn't "discuss" with Byakko if I was you. He's had many years of practice nitpicking phrases and twisting words into a really logical argument.
#53  January 05, 2009, 02:22:04 am
  • I got a PM.
I'm not concerned. I don't have to win the debate and I won't. My opinions about them and that kind or topic stand and they know that they are not going to change them.

What can even Byakko say that would change any of that?
#54  January 05, 2009, 02:25:00 am
byakko can drag you into an argument so long and repetitive you might consider suicide
#55  January 05, 2009, 02:30:42 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
and if you take him seriously enough at first he will try to use it against you trying to pit whatever morals he thinks you follow against yourself, nitpicking and quoting at everything.
#56  January 05, 2009, 02:37:00 am
    • Germany
..and in the end, you die in a car accident. been there, done that.
#57  January 05, 2009, 02:39:46 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
and then suddenly they are all spokespersons for your ideals.
#58  January 05, 2009, 08:35:46 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I'm on limited internet for the next few days, fucking transfer limit.

Anyway. I don't see too much harm in the awards existing. If i hadn't he would have had one of his other friends do so. And there's nothing WRONG with doing them. Although i mentioned to him i hated the "worst" as well. I did not sticky them, i wouldn't have stickied them if requested. They're not in anywhere important like announcements. They're in a BAU forum and it's a pretty popular one so the thread shouldn't overtake anything else.

Ban in the first place was perma at his request, i was just going to give him a couple of months. Technically he'd be back, or banned again by now.

I'm still relatively "like, whatever" but other than fear of what might happen, there's no real reason to keep him banned. We've brought other people back who were far more annoying. hotreezy and evilryu ring bells for anyone?

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#59  January 07, 2009, 08:42:49 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
To him we are just the "big gorilla that cant be ignored". he doesnt respect care or concerns about anything this forum does, or the persons on it other than a way to acchieve popularity and people for his own forum.

• Holidays
  • Boredom
  • There's always a topic or two he would have something to say about... but especially when bored over the holidays, as recently
  • But then he can't post! Not directly, at least!  Oh ggrrrrr *going Super Saiyajin smiley*
  • Promotion of RS
  • Furthering of The Cause
  • Securing His Place In History
  • Demolition/Conversion of Guild
  • Promotion of RS Awards
  • It's Ash...

I think one of the first things that happens in Heir to the Empire is a space battle in which Thrawn orders his forces to engage the enemy using such a blatantly obvious maneuver ABC that the captain questions his sanity---because of course it's such a visible trap that it can't possibly work.

When the enemy goes nuts a few seconds later and reacts in the worst possible way he's like, "OMG, what the hell are they doing, are they stupid?!?"

Thrawn "explains" that, Look here, it might not have worked on anyone else, but these are aliens of species XYZ, which I knew at once from their attack formations, and since I happen to have studied their art ages ago---just see how they typically draw a line in their paintings!---I knew that the only response to attack ABC species XYZ is psychologically capable of would be to run bindly into their doom!!!

It's the only response most of them are psychologically capable of.     You see?!?!
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#60  January 07, 2009, 08:59:51 pm
    • Germany
so.. you want us to make him admin so he destroys himself?