YesNoOk

Now that Elecbyte seems to be back... (Read 53385 times)

Started by PotS, September 22, 2009, 10:24:50 am
Now that Elecbyte seems to be back...
#1  September 22, 2009, 10:24:50 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Ok so one of the administrators at the Elecbyte forum has KFM for a nickname, is anyone against giving that back to him if he comes here? That is to say changing Ash's username.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Now that Elecbyte seems to be back...
#2  September 22, 2009, 03:54:10 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
There's a couple of things to do or at least think about:

- Update links to Mugen in Stickies so that they point to the Elecbyte site

Not hard in introductory threads, but there's at least one pointing to several past versions, going back even to the DOS version, that's the part I'm not completely sure how to handle...

- There's 2 sub-sections fo Mugen engine alternatives, but now the original is available again and updated to boot

How do we handle the sections for Shugendo and XnaMugen?

Considering the lack of movement in Xna in months, I think it's worth reconsidering its stay in the forum, but I hven't really followed its developments.
In any case, given the (lack of) activity in both project sections, I'd say it's reasonable to move the contents of their sub-sections like Bug Reports to the main topic list and dispose of those sub-sub sections.

- Think it's worth updating the icons in the Releases section to state if a release is meant to work for the new Mugen version?...
Re: Now that Elecbyte seems to be back...
#3  September 22, 2009, 03:56:34 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Best way about versions is probably to introduce the "LATEST Version" and "current version in use", being that the latest version would have a big warning in front stating that most material isnt made for it yet, so it might have compatibility issues as the community adapts.

Re: Warnings, bannings, decisions...?
#4  September 22, 2009, 04:40:47 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
KFM and the Kung Fu Man name?

Just to avoid confusion?

Maybe change Ash's name to Kung Fu Ash? :P
#5  September 22, 2009, 04:42:11 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I suddenly remember pointing this out before about how it could bring confusion, im surprised that it actually ended up becoming true.
Im gonna separate this to another thread if no one minds , fuse it with loona thread of changes.
#6  September 22, 2009, 05:00:56 pm
  • SNK is life
You're the boy of the prophecy, NarutoIced
#7  September 22, 2009, 05:15:05 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
#8  September 22, 2009, 06:07:18 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Reply to the gentleman, please!
#9  September 22, 2009, 06:12:54 pm
    • Portugal
xnaMugen can be archived by now I suppose.  ShugenDo should stick around unless Sakirsoft decides to give up because of these new developments (not likely).

Updating the icons like that would double their amount, just using a comment of or conventional [tags] in thread titles should be enough for the time being.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 06:31:00 pm by PotS
#10  September 22, 2009, 07:01:26 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Well damn if I'm not out of the loop...
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#11  September 22, 2009, 07:13:51 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
- Update links to Mugen in Stickies so that they point to the Elecbyte site

Not hard in introductory threads, but there's at least one pointing to several past versions, going back even to the DOS version, that's the part I'm not completely sure how to handle...
I don't see the harm in leaving links to the old versions. Normally betas are always up.
Anyway, I still think Guild should host all the old versions on the main site. But now I think Guild should also have a gateway link straight to Elecbyte's site. A big one too.

- There's 2 sub-sections fo Mugen engine alternatives, but now the original is available again and updated to boot

How do we handle the sections for Shugendo and XnaMugen?

Considering the lack of movement in Xna in months, I think it's worth reconsidering its stay in the forum, but I hven't really followed its developments.
In any case, given the (lack of) activity in both project sections, I'd say it's reasonable to move the contents of their sub-sections like Bug Reports to the main topic list and dispose of those sub-sub sections.
TBH I just collapsed those categories. Since this is possible I don't really see the need to totally remove them. But maybe archive anything that has been stalled for a long time. Until we hear from the developers.

- Think it's worth updating the icons in the Releases section to state if a release is meant to work for the new Mugen version?...
Maybe it would be applicable for the release sections to have a mandatory extra line to fill in under subject

Subject:
Mugen Version:
Message Icon:
POST MESSAGE

If Val could implement such. Guess old topics wouldn't be affected by it, but the authors can go back in and update them.
#12  September 22, 2009, 07:51:30 pm
  • I got a PM.
Perhaps two release sections. Or for that matter boards. Old mugen and new mugen. I don't see old mugen dieing for awhile. So instead of doing Icons I recommend another area above our old release section. They could be the same just in different areas. Call one Mugen 2001 or something.

I say this because I don't think we are ready to archive the old creations but one day we will need to and that would make it easy to do so.

I guess those geo(yahoo) sites that we worried were closing have less importance now.
Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 11:24:17 pm by shamrock
#13  September 22, 2009, 08:28:38 pm
    • Portugal
#14  September 22, 2009, 08:36:19 pm
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
I agree with having a new section.
#15  September 22, 2009, 09:08:53 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#16  September 22, 2009, 09:16:59 pm
  • I got a PM.
Leave it alone guys  ;D
#17  September 22, 2009, 09:34:15 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Fuck that, I left it alone when he "RETURNED" from the grave to release more stages."let him save some face" I thought.
Kfm is one of the single worst persons that ever managed to have a say in this community and has alone destroyed most of the name the community had.
He is worst than ten vyx taped together.
He was able to orchestrate his "websight" death, loom from the shadows trying to use his old members as a trading coin to gain some fame, return uncaring, and now even this?

He just wants internet fame, no matter how much his grubby little hands have to do to get it, and he will stop at nothing, not his own word, not anything.
In the end of the day he is like vyx, who named his "proyect" brokenmugenhd to try to ride on the fame of others.
Thing is, he tried to do it by calling himself Kfm and his group of merry men Randomselect, and sounding official-like.

The first time I entered a mugen irc he was there spewing venom and claiming that all the other "mods at guild" were right in not wanting me as part of their team since they thought I was stupid. He has claimed to how many that he was part of elecbyte? He is the kind of person that pretends to be with bigger packs to look more self important, and im glad he was banned from here, just sad that he will still try to go after people AGAIN.

So seriously, fuck that. Peace.

he will have rs running back after his stunt failed in a few days, he just wants fame.

Im quite sure he will now whine about this to his fellows .
Even if it's utter crap...
#18  September 22, 2009, 10:00:54 pm
  • SNK is life
He can keep that there, out of bounds to us :P
#19  September 22, 2009, 10:01:38 pm
  • I got a PM.
Just like Walt was out of line yesterday. Claiming that KFM is Vyx is a stretch. KFM has at least made shit. To me this puts him in another bracket. Granted he has his faults but I wouldn't say he as low as Vyx.

Plus, by doing the things that you just reported, he has proven he is smart at least in manipulation, Vyx is fucking dumb.

He might be Hitler, but he is no Borat. Besides, neither will be hanging around here, so who cares.

If it makes you feel better, I will beg for a mod status over there and ban him from elecbtye  ;P
#20  September 22, 2009, 10:09:29 pm
    • Germany
Fuck that, I left it alone when he "RETURNED" from the grave to release more stages."let him save some face" I thought.

no you were told "let the other person save face".