YesNoOk

Characters (Read 47862 times)

Started by Liquid Jake, December 08, 2010, 08:25:14 am
Characters
New #1  December 08, 2010, 08:25:14 am
    • USA

Here are the 10 playable students.  Left to right, top row first;

Tom Riddle, 4th year Slytherin, who goes on to be Lord Voldemort, the big bad guy in Harry's day.
Caddock Diggory, 4th year Hufflepuff, father of Amos and grandfather of Cedric Diggory, who gets killed by Wormtail and a deformed baby Voldemort thing in The Goblet of Fire.
Myrtle Beelicus, 2nd year Ravenclaw, who ends up as the ghost Moaning Myrtle.  She's killed by a monster under Tom Riddle's control during the next school year.
Rubeus Hagrid, 2nd year Griffindor, who gets blamed for Myrtle's death and expelled.  He'll eventually be Keeper of the Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts, and a good friend of Harry Potter's.
Eileen Snape, 5th year Slytherin, mother of Severus Snape, the anti-hero of the series.
Minerva McGonagall, 5th year Griffindor, eventually Professor McGonagall, the Transfiguration teacher.
Antonin Dolohov, 4th year Slytherin, a friend of Tom's and  the first in his little army, The Death Eaters.
Kanton Shacklebolt, 6th year Griffindor, father of Kingsley, who is a hero and Minister of Magic at the end of The Deathly Hallows.
Olive Hornby, 2nd year Ravenclaw, who will discover Myrtle's body in the next year.  She's haunted by Moaning Myrtle for a long time.
Pamona Sprout, 3rd year Hufflepuff, eventually Professor Sprout, the Herbology teacher.
Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:33:56 pm by Liquid Jake
Re: Characters
#2  December 08, 2010, 02:51:26 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Technically its Wormtail that kills Cedric since Voldy was just a deformed baby thing during that  part in the book.

Will there be any secret characters or stuff like Dumbledore as well?
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
New #3  December 10, 2010, 08:18:57 am
    • USA

Galatea Merrythought, Defense Against The Dark Arts Professor
Armando Dippet, Headmaster
Albus Dumbledore, Transfiguration Professor

These are the bosses, non-selectable.
Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:34:54 pm by Liquid Jake
#4  December 13, 2010, 05:49:13 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Dippet looks absolutely fantastic in that suit.
#5  December 15, 2010, 01:05:48 am
    • www.InfinityMugenTeam.com
I completely support you in this project. You seem to have put a lot of thought into the development.
#6  December 16, 2010, 11:23:09 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
I think Hagrid should be a little bigger, seeing as he's half-giant and all...
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#7  December 16, 2010, 04:04:03 pm
  • Ursus Shock
    • www.broadlyhillmugen.webs.com/
You should put bigger beard on Dumbledore, in the Harry Potter series in the 2nd part you can see how long was his beard in Tom Riddle's flashback scene
#8  December 16, 2010, 04:35:55 pm
    • USA
In the character's coding, I use the scale attribute to make Hagrid bigger, even though his sprites are the same size.  You're right, though; His portrait on the select screen should be bigger, too.  I'll do that.

Dumbledore's beard reaches his waist, but it's difficult to see against his suit.  I'll see if I can change it...

Thanks for the input!
#9  December 17, 2010, 01:54:28 pm
looking forward to the release!
#10  December 17, 2010, 02:30:36 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Speaking of which I'm surprised that Voldemort's not been considered as a secret, Akuma-style character.
#11  December 17, 2010, 08:54:11 pm
  • Ursus Shock
    • www.broadlyhillmugen.webs.com/
Speaking of which I'm surprised that Voldemort's not been considered as a secret, Akuma-style character.

Voldemort is well known in the wizard world, so why would he be secret? In the Harry Potter series you always expect him to jump out somewhere
#12  December 17, 2010, 08:58:05 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Good point that. :P
#13  December 17, 2010, 09:17:49 pm
    • USA
What does "Akuma-style" mean?  Tom Riddle's in his fourth year, and by the book he's probably already calling himself Lord Voldemort, but he'd look pretty much the same.

Maybe a hidden palette with red eyes or something?  I've made MK characters with hold-the-start-button pallettes and like a zillion palno triggers in the code, giving them unique moves.  Something like that?
#14  December 17, 2010, 09:35:12 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Something like that, yeah.
#15  December 24, 2010, 10:01:55 pm
    • USA
I dig the hidden Voldemort idea, I may pursue that.  Thanks.

I have, in some capacity, been working on this game for a year, but the HP universe is already fleshed out in pretty intense detail and so I can't really claim credit for it's development.

Thanks for the feedback, though...
New #16  January 02, 2011, 11:23:34 pm
    • USA
Double-posting, so there.

Here's the full cast, including the house elves.

Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:36:14 pm by Liquid Jake
#17  January 27, 2011, 01:47:59 am
Looks like a great cast! might i suggest you change "Voldemort"s eyes to red, to add to the effect?
#18  January 28, 2011, 07:09:10 am
    • USA
Thanks, but it's a poor screenshot; His eyes are red.

Behold, the Tom palettes.  Hold start and press Curse to be Voldemort, who has different spells available to him and his bars charge faster, but he takes greater damage than Tom...
Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:22:14 am by Liquid Jake
New #19  January 30, 2011, 11:58:49 pm

Ah! Great job with the sprites!
Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:40:48 pm by Liquid Jake
On the new canon...
New #20  February 09, 2012, 08:07:24 am
    • USA
If any of you are Potter fans, you're probably aware of Rowling's new website, Pottermore.com.  It's essentially like a bunch of expanded universe stuff, fleshing out the world these characters live in.  It's still in beta, so you can't just go and poke around.

This is all important, though, because it affects the canon of this game.  It was assumed, but never claimed in the books, that McGonagall was in school with Tom Riddle.  The Harry Potter wiki and Mugglenet.com both claimed this, and even had elaborate equations to back it up.  Pottermore has a more complete history of Minerva, though, and it's now clear that she's much older, and was not a student in 1942.  Neither was Pamona Sprout.

Should I replace these characters to match what is now the actual history?  And if so, with who?

Any suggestions?

Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:37:20 pm by Liquid Jake