YesNoOk

Characters (Read 47865 times)

Started by Liquid Jake, December 08, 2010, 08:25:14 am
Re: On the new canon...
#21  February 14, 2012, 03:16:19 am
If any of you are Potter fans, you're probably aware of Rowling's new website, Pottermore.com.  It's essentially like a bunch of expanded universe stuff, fleshing out the world these characters live in.  It's still in beta, so you can't just go and poke around.

This is all important, though, because it affects the canon of this game.  It was assumed, but never claimed in the books, that McGonagall was in school with Tom Riddle.  The Harry Potter wiki and Mugglenet.com both claimed this, and even had elaborate equations to back it up.  Pottermore has a more complete history of Minerva, though, and it's now clear that she's much older, and was not a student in 1942.  Neither was Pamona Sprout.

Should I replace these characters to match what is now the actual history?  And if so, with who?

Any suggestions?

I doubt anyone will really care. Just go with what you found in the books.
Re: Characters
#22  February 16, 2012, 05:55:45 am
    • USA
I like this answer.

Thanks!
#23  February 20, 2012, 03:53:30 am
  • Die you son of a bitch
honestly, go with what you planned. its based of your interpretation, plus i doubt unless youve got an extremely butthurt fan of the series that anyone would complain

if you try to change it, its possible things could get screwed up story wise (in terms of the game)
On the intros...
#24  November 14, 2012, 09:41:14 am
    • USA
Every character intro...

The last three are bosses, not selectable, but the Mugen community knows how semi-colons and select screens work, so they've got intros and endings, too.  These are animated; The portraits move, the candle burns, the text prints.

More to come...
#25  September 16, 2013, 02:25:52 am
    • USA

Me again.

This is already a fairly old image, but I'm not sure if I've shown it off here before.  It's a win screen.  The portrait fades in from a blank background, and astute viewers might catch my shout to Cyanide. 

"For special service to the school."