YesNoOk

Hatter's Stuff. (Read 648959 times)

Started by hatter, August 29, 2015, 02:51:02 am
Re: Zaitsu's Art Vault.
#21  August 31, 2015, 10:46:43 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
The face was lifted from Elena, since it was the closest I could get to manly but girly, and I added the smile in there. As for the pose, I drew it based off of this:

Just added in her costume and what not.

I see what you mean about the arms, though. I'll try thinning her down. Thanks for the feedback! ^_^
This is a generic forum signature.
#22  August 31, 2015, 10:54:23 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Ah, the pose she uses for...for...Shoulder Tackle I believe it is? Actually, looking at it overall it looks like she's wider than she needs to be too, or is that CPS3 style too kicking in? o.o?

Hmmmm...I dunno. She doesn't look too manly now that I'm looking at the image itself (had to go to the wiki to look at it since the image provided is so small for some reason here. Referring to the image btw, not the sprite).

Well, in any case I'll wait and see how it looks after you touch up on it. Who knows? Maybe I'll try my own hands at Prishe too, just to see how it'd turn out~ Unlikely, but ya never know!
#23  September 01, 2015, 05:46:54 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
@Xenomic: I decided to scrap the entire SF3 Prishe sprite, and reworked it into a JJBA styled sprite:

In comparison this actually looks better, but there's something I should let you know. The face drastically changed because, thinking about it, it's a conversion from the art style of Tetsuya Nomura (KH, Dissidia, TWEWY) to the art style of Hirohiko Araki (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Baoh), so it was bound to happen anyways. But I tried to at least keep it close to Prishe, but that's up to you.
Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 05:56:15 pm by Zaitsu Hatter
#24  September 01, 2015, 07:00:36 pm
    • USA
Aye, I'd expect something like that to change drastically heh. Man, I know absolutely nothing about JJBA styled sprites now that I think about it. They long and thin like that huh?

The only things that I'll mention are that right hand (artist's right) which I don't know if the pose is right for, and the fact that she looks very cyclopic but again that might be the pose and the style in general heh. Otherwise that's not bad at all as far as I can tell!
#25  September 01, 2015, 07:13:45 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Aye, I'd expect something like that to change drastically heh. Man, I know absolutely nothing about JJBA styled sprites now that I think about it. They long and thin like that huh?

The only things that I'll mention are that right hand (artist's right) which I don't know if the pose is right for, and the fact that she looks very cyclopic but again that might be the pose and the style in general heh. Otherwise that's not bad at all as far as I can tell!

Actually, yeah kinda. There are examples of muscular characters as well, but in the end, JJBA has the most fucked up proportions, right after SF3 Here are a few example sprites from "Heritage For The Future":
Spoiler: Fuck ton of JoJo (click to see content)

Keep in mind that for Prishe, the changes would be drastic because it's literally a conversion from one art style to another (Nomura to Araki). As for the face, the examples above kinda look like that, save for some poses. I did try to keep it to Prishe, but like I said, you're the final contender.

What would you recommend for the hand? I'll jot it down on my list so I can post it with an updated Toph, and hopefully Palutena!
Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 07:24:54 pm by Zaitsu Hatter
#26  September 01, 2015, 07:28:02 pm
    • USA
Oh god Kakyoin and Mariah, I didn't realize you were so thin. I mean, I know you're a skinny pretty boy in the anime Kakyoin but jesus! Eat some hamburgers bro! Funny thing is, it's only some of them. The others like Avdol and Joseph seem fine, heck even Dio and Jotaro seems fine to me! Just Kakyoin, Mariah, Pol, and Vanilla. Such a strange style o_O

And yeah, I know the changes are drastic as mentioned already lol. That's to be expected from one style to the other!

As for the faces, I can't think of too many females atm outside of Mariah, Midler (whom we didn't really see in the show), and...was Lisa Lisa even in that game?? I don't remember.

As for the hand, maybe it needs to be hidden a bit more behind the body to give off that air of her resting it on her hip, if you know what I mean?

Hmm...I wonder if Mariah wouldn't be a good use for the legs for Prishe. Though looking at her official art, she does have rather thin legs so maybe that's ok!
#27  September 01, 2015, 07:36:21 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I actually used Mariah as a ref for Prishe's legs, but mostly in how to shade it. I think Prishe's legs are okay like this seeing that she's as thin as fuck. @_@  Midler wouldn't have been a good reference since her face is hidden, so I used Dio ;D

And about the proprotions, yep you're right there. But seeing that Prishe isn't human and is not muscular enough, I guess going thin was the good route. And unfortunately, Lisa Lisa isn't in this game (but Young Joseph is) :D

I see what you mean about the arm, will fix that tomorrow and post it with Toph and Palutena. ^_^ As usual, thanks for the feedback. :D
#28  September 01, 2015, 08:01:37 pm
    • USA
Yeah, that's why I said she didn't need them seeing how thin she is anyways lol. Girly tomboyish girl Prishe is, but still adorable~ : 3

Hm...I guess there's no good way to make her seem girly girly like the other ladies then in the face if those two are the only ones heh! Could've sworn Midler's face wasn't hidden though, huh. Maybe I'm remembering wrong then. Darnit MUGEN, you're failing me!

Going thin is right seeing as you already stated that she is a thin elf lady! Though now that I think about it, would she be that short? I know she doesn't have a height listed and all but she seems pretty short. Maybe she was in Dissidia and I never realized? I'll have to put her up against Terra or Tifa to find that out whenever I LP the game heh. Though all the men are like hulking giants anyways so lol

And man, I didn't even NOTICE that with their feet! O_o

That's all the feedback to give on that! At least you know what I'm talking about with the hand, I'm bad at describing things. ^^;
#29  September 04, 2015, 01:11:09 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
@Zemilia: Here's the Ixa study:

Sorry for the quality, my phone sucks. Also I went into lazy mode with this one, so IDK.

@Xenomic: I'm going to hold-off on doing Palutena, since I'm finding it increasingly hard to small sprites without a tablet (my Galaxy Tab doesn't really fit the role of a drawing tablet :()

In the meantime I tried to update Toph (face only, I really didn't know what to do with her hands and feet >_<) and applied your feedback to Prishe:

I'm going to hold off on doing more sprites, and try to venture into the artistic side of pixel art, and in addition to that, train myself in my weakest points of pixel art (hands, faces, feet, animation). So expect more sketches/speedpaints for the while or so.
#30  September 04, 2015, 01:27:22 am
  • stressed weeb
    • USA
    • derpyhawk@gmail.com
That toph looks really good!
Maybe you should make her hands fists though?
#31  September 04, 2015, 01:29:06 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That toph looks really good!
Maybe you should make her hands fists though?

That's what I tried to do, I just failed miserably.

Either way, I'll be revisiting her (though not, now as I stated above). but thanks man! :D :D :D
#32  September 04, 2015, 01:38:14 am
    • USA
There we go, that's better with the hand. Now it looks like it's resting on her hip like it should be. Looking at the sprite (ignoring the face, I don't know what else to do for that heh), the only thing I'm not sure about now is the OTHER hand. I'm assuming it's clenched, right??? Or is it open or...??
#33  September 04, 2015, 01:40:11 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
the only thing I'm not sure about now is the OTHER hand. I'm assuming it's clenched, right??? Or is it open or...??

Clenched. Tried to make it open, but it looked so bad I made it clenched. Now that I look at it, I think the only problem is what appears to be the thumb, it looks... bigger. Yeah I'll get to fixing that later on. ;D
#34  September 04, 2015, 01:43:11 am
    • USA
I was gonna suggest also looking at the others like Pol or Joseph for clenched fists too, but I have to remember that Prishe is tiny girl and they're hulking giants lol.
#35  September 04, 2015, 02:10:10 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
tophs got an egghead
#36  September 04, 2015, 02:14:16 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
#37  September 04, 2015, 02:39:15 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
nitpicking but the light green seems a tad too bright no? (light seems exaggerated i should say)
#38  September 04, 2015, 02:45:47 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
nitpicking but the light green seems a tad too bright no? (light seems exaggerated i should say)

Ah yes, those green colors were stolen from Muhammad Avdol. I should change them though, but that time for changing will come later (as stated a few posts earlier by me) For now, I want to practice the artistic side of pixel art and train myself in my weaker points (hands/feet, heads/faces). ^_^

I'll be doing stuff quite akin to these:

Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:34:45 am by Zaitsu Hatter
#39  September 04, 2015, 03:26:07 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Can't wait to see how that goes. :)

I realized today i need to practice......everything!
#40  September 05, 2015, 12:30:09 am
Don't hotlink from 2dwillneverdie.