YesNoOk

RYU (Read 186417 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, April 04, 2014, 04:16:29 pm
Re: Ryu, our template, our GOD
#61  April 12, 2014, 05:53:44 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That would be fantastic! If no one updates your sprites I will when I add them to the sff. My shading may not be perfect but can easily be updated later still.
#62  April 12, 2014, 05:58:30 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I already have those in a BMP for a future tracing :P.

Also, SF4; converting it from Balthy's OR from SF4 video? what do you prefer?
I swear there was something cool here!!
#63  April 12, 2014, 06:00:24 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Whichever one you would find easier.
#64  April 12, 2014, 07:01:32 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
@JMorphMan:
@Sheng Long:
Wasn't their an issue binding Vega's mask/claw when being pushed by the opponent? I thought I remember reading about this in one of N64 Mario's threads. If so will I need to consider this now with Ryu during his coding phase? Will I need to add placeholder code for that now so I don't have to go back and add a lot of coding to the other characters and Ryu later?

If there is an issue with the claw/mask while being pushed does that mean Vega will need 4 times the amount of sff space?

For example:
HP with mask &claw would be 250
HP with mask no claw 10250
HP with claw no mask would be 20250
HP with nothing would be 30250

If not and it's just for custom states I should still plan ahead for the template, correct?
#65  April 12, 2014, 07:18:43 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
If it's a helper yeah; there will be a one tick delay. I have no idea how best to handle Vega's stuff though.

Is there something similar with Ryu?
#66  April 12, 2014, 07:34:18 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Nothing similar with Ryu. Just didn't know if I should plan ahead to work against a character that may be like Vega. Like put the code to work on the other custom states already.

Otherwise when we get to a character like that we'll have to manually go back and add the code in won't we? Maybe I'm making that amount of work to be bigger than what it'd really be though.
#67  April 12, 2014, 07:59:38 pm
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
I'd just deal with the 1 tick delay. Even though it is a full game, I don't think it's worth the extra coding. The way I set it up with my Captain America beta, the shield only goes off no more than a pixel when being pushed. Unless it's a 30-40 pixel push, but there's no need for that to happen. Even if it did, it's only for 1 tick.

For custom states, you could create anims specifically for target,name = "Vega", then have the helper's anim follow it. Set a group for these anims something like:

- 7000-7009 for Ryu's custom state anims
  - 7010-7019 for Chun-Li-s custom state anims
  - 7020-7029 for Alex's custom states anims
    etc.

........yes, I've thought about this a while.
#68  April 12, 2014, 09:08:19 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Guess I might be able to let it slide. If my OCD lets me :P

I just updated the sff and air

@Alex Sinigaglia: I didn't add your new Jumping HP sprites into the sff. Would you mind doing that when you get a chance? I noticed it said it hadn't been updated since yesterday so I presume you didn't update it yesterday since you posted them today.

If anyone wonders why I'm being so active on the weekend I'm off today and tomorrow. :P

Now the sff and air is basically complete. I need to rename all the animations properly for template purposes. Do I have any volunteers to do that?
@LunaticEX:
@Memo:
I don't know if something like this is outside the areas you two expressed interest in. You both hinted that you could do other odd jobs and this is pretty simple.

Unless someone else wishes to do it I basically need either of you to go through and name all the animations in the air that you can figure out.
Example Light Punch, Near Light Punch, Jump Up Hard Kick, Jump Angled Medium Kick, Stance, Light Hadoken, Hard Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku
Look in the 1st post if you need correct names for the moves. Not all moves are available. Some things will still be added in when we get to it at the coding stages.

I also need some volunteers to data mine for me.
@FrozenDelight: I helped you out in a number of PMs so now I'm asking for a hand here if you don't mind. Would you make a recording of Ryu's CLSNs from SF3TS and upload it for me? I use bandicam to record. Be sure to record at 60FPS. Try to get as much as I did for SFA Ryu.
I need to make some CLSN corrections but they are not a big deal. I shouldn't let them slow down the process much.

So now that the sff and air are in a useable state we can start coding. Which I'm going to begin. Coders, you'll have to stay on top of me because I've only ever finished SFA Ryu's basics and a few specials so coding isn't going to be my strong area. @Renzo F: Let me know when you're ready to talk on google chat.

I'll begin making threads for different modular coding areas in Ryu as well.

Unless something happens my goal is to get all of Ryu's basics attacks and movements coded next week.
#69  April 12, 2014, 09:12:07 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
send me the files i got some free time right now
#70  April 12, 2014, 09:14:18 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#71  April 12, 2014, 09:25:47 pm
I'm going to update the file in the dropbox, just wait a minute.
Done.
#72  April 12, 2014, 09:34:31 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
@JMorphMan:
@Sheng Long:
Wasn't their an issue binding Vega's mask/claw when being pushed by the opponent? I thought I remember reading about this in one of N64 Mario's threads. If so will I need to consider this now with Ryu during his coding phase? Will I need to add placeholder code for that now so I don't have to go back and add a lot of coding to the other characters and Ryu later?
Yea, this has always been a problem with all of my vega characters, which I tried to work around with.

One workaround is to instead of making it a helper type, you can make all the animations as EXPLOD type. That way it should bind correctly without any pushing errors.

Though if you MUST use helper type, I suppose you can make the ROOT character invisible, and include a 'clone helper' character that shares the exact same animations as the ROOT character. I believe I did all my experiments of helper type claws/masks with Kega Fusion. I never favor EXPLOD type objects because in older versions like WinMugen, it looks really bad on characters that get scaled down on stages with character scaling changed.

As for placements. As long as they're separated from the main character, you should be okay when you start coding them in.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:38:51 pm by Sheng Long
#73  April 12, 2014, 09:41:08 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#74  April 12, 2014, 09:44:13 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Don't worry about names for basics or command basics. Those will be more universal. I'd just call that fwd+HP
#75  April 12, 2014, 10:19:43 pm
#76  April 12, 2014, 10:23:27 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#77  April 12, 2014, 10:31:35 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#78  April 12, 2014, 10:35:38 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
you got 2 anim labeled as 640 also.
im guessing the second 1 is the jumping close medium kick.
no worries i will update it
#79  April 12, 2014, 10:48:27 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
what you got planed for anim 700?

Parry Tech?
#80  April 12, 2014, 10:52:38 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Some of the anim numbers in Lost Avenger's were different than the attack groups he called from the sff so I might have missed some. Alternatively by me changing some of them I may have also forgotten to change said group number. In any event, thanks for catching and fixing them!
@Balthazar: 's post in the recycle bin- maybe you need access to the Dropbox after all for bandwidth purposes? :p

Memo: Away from computer but iirc all 700 range sprites are parry sprites.
Including the invisible ones you'll find later that just have clsn1