YesNoOk

JUBILEE (5/20/08) Latest WIP version complete (Read 14494 times)

Started by jubilee, February 18, 2008, 09:52:33 am
Share this topic:
JUBILEE (5/20/08) Latest WIP version complete
#1  February 18, 2008, 09:52:33 am
  • see fireworks!
Hey everyone...

check my last page for new pics... I decided to release the latest version of the WIP, since I am busy with work and what-not.  Hope you like the changes I've made!
I'm sending her to mugen history in the next day or so.

Kev
stephanie mcmahon is hot!!!
Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 08:20:39 am by jubilee
Re: My first Character- JUBILEE
#2  February 18, 2008, 12:47:11 pm
  • If only I had my rainbow star back -_-
    • www.myspace.com/honest_luke
Good luck on that. The only sprites of her i know of are the MVC assists and that's it, so you  might have to make more sprites by yourself. Hopefully you don't give up on these ideas like I have with my previous projects  :-\
It's true that if you own a PS3 then all arguments made by those who don't have one are invalid.
#3  February 18, 2008, 04:04:12 pm
  • see fireworks!
thanks!

I actually already have all of the sprites drawn that I stated above...
I still need to work on a possible front flip for a jump forward, one more basic strike, and some striking combinations.  I have the ideas in my head for those remaining sprites... but it will take a few days to do.
Also, I am going to make at least one more animation for her firework throw so she has more variation when using a projectile.  Other than that, I have sound to do and she will be finished.  I'll try to post pics of what I have done so far tonight.  The flying sidekick is one of my favorites thus far... kind of like Zelda's heel kick in super smash bros brawl.
#4  February 19, 2008, 01:36:15 am
    • Bulgaria
Good luck  :)
#5  February 19, 2008, 01:58:20 am
  • Im Foxy Roxy Sexy!
    • www.youtube.com/profile?user=RoboShinKen
My Newly Made GIF
#6  February 19, 2008, 02:01:45 am
  • MFG's resident Cookie Monster
Good luck on that. The only sprites of her i know of are the MVC assists and that's it, so you  might have to make more sprites by yourself. Hopefully you don't give up on these ideas like I have with my previous projects  :-\

Actually, Jubilee is a playable character in X-Men Vs Street Fighter.

I ate Ed Boon's peabody.
#7  February 19, 2008, 02:21:18 am
  • Im Foxy Roxy Sexy!
    • www.youtube.com/profile?user=RoboShinKen
My Newly Made GIF
#8  February 19, 2008, 03:31:34 am
  • see fireworks!
thanks!

I actually already have all of the sprites drawn that I stated above...

Wow .... So How Long Have You Worked On This?

Thanks for all of the replies.  Also, Jubilee isn't playable in X-Men vs. Street Fighter.

Well, I have worked on this character for the past two weeks, about two-three hours a night.  It isn't as detailed graphic-wise as some of the characters out there...as it IS my first attempt at a character, but it is far better than the existing Jubilee/Iron Man copy.  She also has a good deal of variety when it comes to power moves, and will have some true Jubilee sounds in the package.  I am using her existing MvC helper sprites and hand drawing the edits to them-
The best looking positions so far are the jump, crouch, punches, flying sidekick, jumping flare, and crouching energy blasts.  Her walk looks decent, as do some of her pain sprites.  The ones that leave something more to be desired would be her bounce up after being hit sprite, and one or two of her standing pain from a light attack sprites.

Also, I have a question.  How would I go about using the special 'infinity' or flashy background sequence that happens when many characters do their super move?  Right now, Jubilee's super firework throw is just a basic firework that does great damage and trips the opponent.  Any help for that would be great.

other than that, I have to try and make a front flip, program one of her radial firework powers to have a different button setup and more damage, a jab-cross-roundhouse kick combo (should be easy as I'm a martial artist,) and one more basic strike.  I also will have to convert her sound files to wav format so they hopefully sound good in-game.  :)

thanks again for the interest.
Kevin
#9  February 19, 2008, 05:16:37 am
pics?
Re: My first Character- JUBILEE (WITH PICS)
#10  February 19, 2008, 06:37:09 am
  • see fireworks!
there is a link to pics of my Jubilee character in my first post... however, it is a link to my picasa web album and I would appreciate it if you would only look at my Jubilee character pics and nothing of me or my family. 

Thank you and let me know what you think of my work so far- no bashing, though, as I have mentioned she is my first attempt at a character.

#11  February 19, 2008, 06:41:08 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Looks good, I like what you try to do with her ;)

But... some sprites seems odd, maybe use some of other female X-Men chars or maybe Sakura, especially for the legs in various cases

Good luck with her ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#12  February 19, 2008, 09:29:23 am
  • see fireworks!
wow I didn't think of using someone else's legs for her... maybe it will be easier for me then.

thanks for the compliment by the way.

Also, tonight I gave every one of her projectile attacks a different ability and also animation.  I also changed her super to Strobe Flash, that covers basically the entire screen.  She now has realistic firework sounds to go along with her energy blasts too.  :)

ChrisRedfield

#13  February 19, 2008, 04:57:50 pm
I have one thing to say:
Good luck and it looks nice.  :D
#14  February 19, 2008, 06:09:06 pm
  • see fireworks!
Thanks!
I'm actually going to take Basara Westen's advice and use some help from Sakura's sprites... this will make the pain, flying sidekick, lay dead, strike combos, and others easier to fix/develop hopefully.  With that said, though, I have a little more work than I thought-  but I'd rather have a great character than a decent one.
#15  February 19, 2008, 09:42:23 pm
  • Dark Man X
  • TIP EHT FO MOTTOB
Jubilee is looking sweet!
#16  February 19, 2008, 11:29:02 pm
u have crafted some nice sprites there only thing i have to say is to work on them a bit more with the shading such. if u compare them to sabrewolf in your pics there u can see a massive difference but other then that good luck and keep itup  ;P
#17  February 20, 2008, 12:17:50 am
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
*Prays that he makes a .snd from xmen legends*

Also, remember to learn what you can with spriting. Using photoshop would most definately give her firework attacks a pretty look.

If you wish I could send you a link to a jubilee character made a while ago. The character is crap but maybe it might help you.

#18  February 20, 2008, 03:30:17 am
  • see fireworks!
Hey Casey Jones,
what Jubilee do you have that was made a few years ago?  The only one I can get my hands on is one that was a cover over Ironman with only three animations... no strikes or jumps or anything. 
I do know of one that some guy on youtube has... he even states in his video that he will send characters on request- but when I asked him nicely for his version of Jubilee he ignored me several times.

Anywho, it doesn't matter, because I'm making my own.

Also, I just checked out sound files for Jubilee's X-Men Legends character... and I CAN convert them into .wav format so they are useable in mugen. 
So far I have sounds for:
pain, ko, attacks... and also sayings like, "Don't mess with the Jubester."  "Batter Up."  "Fear me, bad guys."  "Don't worry, X-Men, your leader is here."

lol Jubilee has an awesome personality, and they did good on her voice in Legends.
I have corel painter X that I am using to edit sprites.  It is only a trial version... but I will take a look into making the fireworks prettier.  They already have a lot more variety than my preview pics have shown, and last night I made a super move for her called Strobe Flash- the sparks are pretty good in my opinion.

Thanks again.
Kevin
#19  February 20, 2008, 04:45:03 am
hey man i was also disappointed with the jubilee iron man thing thats out right now, and im glad to see that your making a jubilee that looks way better so far, im also a big jubilee fan so good luck
#20  February 20, 2008, 05:04:36 am
  • see fireworks!
hey not a problem  8)  always a pleasure to meet a fellow Jubilee fan... but don't go asking me to make a Wondra character.  (Wondra is Jubilee's new persona.)