YesNoOk

Lui's New WIP Thread: Bardock  (Read 1806 times)

Started by Walruslui, September 19, 2018, 12:03:39 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Who Should Be After Bardock?

Raditz
6 (26.1%)
SSB Goku
4 (17.4%)
Future Gohan
5 (21.7%)
Teen Gohan
4 (17.4%)
Do Another Character Instead!
4 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Lui's New WIP Thread: Bardock
#1  September 19, 2018, 12:03:39 pm
  • 2 edjy 4 u
  • spriting drains the soul
    • USA
So I'm starting off with doing my own take on Bardock for fun as a break on DBvOP.

Yes, I will actually finish this (I swear on my grandma's cookies)

He's a 4-Button character with gameplay more inspired by MVC:I, as such his Magic Series Chain order reflects that.

He will also include a Striker, probably from his crew that died in his special, sprited by me.

My take on him will be more inspired by DBFZ, with him being extremely rushdown-based, as a result he will be very melee focused with no zoning tools for his normals or specials.

One cool thing is, i'll be implementing a system that allows for any character that I will do/edit to have voice conversations ala MKX/Injustice 2

Here's some previews

Mirror Intro: https://streamable.com/9x9oc

Raditz Mirror (Haven't done much with him at all yet) : https://streamable.com/8x329

Bardock Vs Raditz: https://streamable.com/32veh

Currently his normals and one special is done. Don't mind the MVC2 fx, those are placeholders.

I'll be implementing the EXPLODsive buffering system once more updates are done for that, that fixes some big issues. Also a proper Damage Dampener will also be included
Re: Lui's New WIP Thread: Bardock
#2  September 19, 2018, 12:21:55 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
    • excahmmugen.blogspot.mx/

Well the intro sounds and looks like a great idea, go crazy and find voice lines that work as a reply to the other.
it adds more  feel to the fight than just a being a potato and banana being randomly throw into a blender :v (that makes no sense)

Also, guess that means a Bardock that even a non-fighting game player like me could use? (Yes, literally the button smasher for most)
#3  September 19, 2018, 12:25:44 pm
  • 2 edjy 4 u
    • USA
i was thinking of putting in an optional autocombo system (like in MVC:I), it depends on how i and others feel about it.

DW

#4  September 19, 2018, 03:53:32 pm
  • I require what I desire.
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Fasha confirmed for his striker right? Also, if I remember correctly, those EB sprites don't have crouching attacks? If that is the case, you gonna sprite some?
#5  September 19, 2018, 11:46:01 pm
  • 2 edjy 4 u
    • USA
There's crouching attacks, thankfully enough i found something that works. If there isn't anything i can use at all for an attack i want i'll sprite it myself but im going to try and use all the resources i have.

Probably Fasha, she's literally the only one with a moveset in any form to take from

preview:
https://streamable.com/q4t1t

again, ignore the mvc2 effects and whatnot, those are there for placeholders. If anyone can suggest some 2D FX options for me feel free to let me know
Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 12:15:27 am by Walruslui
#6  September 21, 2018, 07:53:36 am
  • 2 edjy 4 u
    • USA
so update, completely finished his grab, one of his main specials plus all the variants, gonna do supers next.

One thing im gonna give him is a V-Trigger Esque mode which is gonna be called "Rebellious Attitude" that can be canceled into. Essentially it's gonna function similar to Akuma's SFV V-Trigger, where you can cancel special moves into eachother and they become more powerful EX versions, i'll probably make it so you can only cancel 2 special moves at a time before you have to wait to activate it again.
#7  September 29, 2018, 12:20:15 am
  • 2 edjy 4 u
    • USA
https://streamable.com/p6grk

Ignore the damage

also I decided  to scrap the V-Trigger idea, basically felt like a gimmick to me

Onto his Striker, then his supers
#8  September 30, 2018, 02:08:18 pm
  • 2 edjy 4 u
    • USA
https://streamable.com/9icb2

Supers are more or less done! There's Air Variants for both supers and yes, just like in DBFZ you can cancel Saiyan Spirit into Riot Javelin by holding down the punch buttons during Saiyan Spirit's Recovery if you're able to confirm.

Still gotta do his level 3, it's basically gonna be a grounded version of his DBFZ level 3

(His moveset is basically adapted from DBFZ entirely tbh, it's just too good to pass up!)

Also I added in a poll for what I should do after him!

DW

#9  September 30, 2018, 10:57:32 pm
  • I require what I desire.
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Looking good. The new hitsparks are much more aesthetically pleasing. Get rid of the MvC2 launch FX though, clashes badly. Looking forward to seeing Fasha.
#10  October 01, 2018, 02:21:12 am
  • 2 edjy 4 u
    • USA
im in the process of replacing all the fx! still deciding though, trying to find more obscure sources to source from

also dont worry about the damage or the scaling, none of that is properly tweaked or implemented just yet.

vyn

#11  October 12, 2018, 11:22:17 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
This is actually looking pretty good, those combos are very smooth.

Is there a place where the sprites for this game are available for download??.
#12  October 13, 2018, 12:12:32 pm
Search for Extreme Butouden sprites on Google, you'll find some sites.