YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734010 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#441  July 17, 2018, 06:36:06 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
#442  July 17, 2018, 06:41:50 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
^ I call bullshit until proven otherwise.  Ignoring the fact that there is WAY too much in that "leak" to fit into a single 30 minute direct, it's completely overstuffed with fan service wish fulfillment.  If even half of the stuff on it was real it'd have been announced at E3, if not by Nintendo then by any of the other companies involved.

Besides, any leak that includes Mother 3 getting localized, let alone remade, can be safely regarded as bullshit.
#443  July 17, 2018, 06:45:56 pm
    • USA
Yeah most likely it is not a Direct.  Nintendo's SDCC presence also ends on the 22nd, so I just assume that they're going to be running dual events at oth SDCC and Japan, not any new announcements. 
#444  July 18, 2018, 03:40:52 am
    • USA
I'M STIIIIIIIIIIILL IN A DREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM!

#445  July 19, 2018, 03:14:22 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

on today's blog we have bowser jr. and the koopalings

The Jr. Clown Car this little fella rides in takes less damage when attacked than Bowser Jr. himself—so try to stay in the car when taking damage. The different color variations are the Koopalings!

also his final smash is the same one from the previous game: just having either bowser jr. or one of the koopalings turn into shadow mario but in a metal palette and paint an x on it
#446  July 19, 2018, 03:28:25 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#447  July 19, 2018, 04:15:04 pm
    • USA
There’s a tournament event being held in Osaka on the 22nd.  They’re streaming that, not a Direct.
#448  July 19, 2018, 08:15:59 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
To be fair, no one here has explicitly said it's going to be a direct.  Only the reddit link itself has that.
People can speculate, but I think anyone hoping new Smash news is going to appear there is being too hopeful.
#449  July 20, 2018, 04:09:06 am
    • USA
Bewear pokeball on the blog today.

I always thought this guy looked like a big cocktail weenie.
#450  July 20, 2018, 04:15:28 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
ah yes one of two of team rocket's pokemon in the sun and moon anime makes an appearance

he does the uppercut move what's it called sky uppercut?
#451  July 20, 2018, 11:08:44 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

Looks a little off.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#452  July 21, 2018, 05:24:49 am
    • Mexico
Don't know why am I entertaining this, maybe because of how funny the error in this fake leak is. This one comes from GameFAQs:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#453  July 21, 2018, 05:46:26 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Ayumi was actually considered for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but she was rejected due to lack of relevance outside of Japan (her series origin, Famicon Detective Club was a Japan-only release for the Nintendo Famicon Disk System, dem floppy disks). She would eventually appear in the game as a trophy collectible. Don't see her making the roster.

Heihachi may get in because of its DLC costume for the Mii Brawler in Super Smash Bros. 4, something of a make good.

King K. Rool is a very interesting case. Is he the property of Nintendo or Rare? Rare now works with Microsoft for XBOX games, making this former company a rival to Nintendo now. Had Rare remained a partner with Nintendo instead of moving on in 2002, not only would K. Rool have made it, so would have a representative from Killer Instinct. Adding on to it, Midway partnered with Nintendo and Rare for the arcade versions - would we have seen somebody from Mortal Kombat invade Smash as a sort of thank you, even though Mortal Kombat has something of a shaky history with Nintendo due to the debut of fatalities? But we're getting way ahead of ourselves. The point I'm trying to make is, the Kremlings in general have not seen a return in anything Donkey Kong related ever since Rare left Nintendo.

That's my thoughts on a few of the leaks. Until Nintendo releases a blog post or new trailer, we're just spectators speculating a shady spectacle.
Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 05:51:00 am by no1wammy
#454  July 21, 2018, 06:32:43 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I've always thought that The Kremlings (and King K. Rool) are Nintendo property since they were in a Donkey Kong game. Also, King K. Rool has been highly requested to be in... at least as far as I know.

Heihachi wouldn't be a bad idea to put in, especially since he has experience in these kind of games. Travis Touchdown, on the other hand... it's a catch 22 of big time proportions. No More Heroes has made it's home on Nintendo systems, so he would fit in that sense... but, it's a Mature rated series. Granted, that didn't stop Bayonetta from getting in.
#455  July 21, 2018, 06:46:31 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
Don't know why am I entertaining this, maybe because of how funny the error in this fake leak is. This one comes from GameFAQs:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Look, I usually don't go "LOL THIS IS FUCKING FAKE THE GUY WHO MADE THIS SHOULD KYS" when discussing leaks because:

1. That makes me sound like an anonymous asshole from 4Chan.

2. I might be proven wrong, making my comment even more idiotic looking.

But... even if K. Rool and Heihachi actually get in (I personally think they have a good chance), this "leak" is obviously faked. The pictures gave it away immediately.
#456  July 21, 2018, 07:06:49 am
    • USA
That's not a typo, his name is written as König (German word for King) K. Rool.  I would be more inclined to point out how poor quality the portrait renders are.
#457  July 21, 2018, 02:02:50 pm
  • Was it something I said?
I think King K. Rool is owned by Nintendo, considering the last appearances he had was I believe Mario Baseball Sluggers and DK Barrel Blast. It was thanks to Playtonic Games that the costume for Mii Brawler was brought to Smash 4 in the first place. So, I'd say they own the rights to him, unless Nintendo could probably buy the rights to him, which wouldn't be a problem.

As for Heihachi, it'd probably make sense to have his younger self rather than his old self for his portrayal, like in PlayStation All-Stars. But, yeah, they could make a better logo than just "Tekken". Ryu's got that stylish "SF" which makes sense, so would a fist be good for Heihachi?
#458  July 21, 2018, 02:15:05 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
All the DKC characters are owned by Nintendo. That's why you still see Diddy and the occasional Kremling.
#459  July 21, 2018, 02:37:44 pm
    • Netherlands
I think King K. Rool is owned by Nintendo, considering the last appearances he had was I believe Mario Baseball Sluggers and DK Barrel Blast. It was thanks to Playtonic Games that the costume for Mii Brawler was brought to Smash 4 in the first place. So, I'd say they own the rights to him, unless Nintendo could probably buy the rights to him, which wouldn't be a problem.

As for Heihachi, it'd probably make sense to have his younger self rather than his old self for his portrayal, like in PlayStation All-Stars. But, yeah, they could make a better logo than just "Tekken". Ryu's got that stylish "SF" which makes sense, so would a fist be good for Heihachi?

Out of curiousity; why would young Heihachi make more sense? His older grey-haired look is much more interesting and unique, especially since Smash doesnt really have a 'fighting grandpa' (besides old mannondorf). It's also his most iconic look.

also I don't think anyone broght it up here but Heihachi was discussed for smash 4, the reason he didn't make it is because Sakurai has trouble fitting his movelist into Smash. Full article is on Source Gaming for those who wanna check it.
#460  July 21, 2018, 02:48:56 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.