YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat II MUGEN: ShinSmoke's Edition Updated (09/19/18) (Read 85599 times)

Started by ShinSmoke, May 17, 2017, 02:17:26 am
Share this topic:
Mortal Kombat II MUGEN: ShinSmoke's Edition Updated (09/19/18)
#1  May 17, 2017, 02:17:26 am
    • USA
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/shinsmoke?feature=mhee
Hello folks it's me again here with a stand alone edit to Gui0007's MKII MUGEN game that I wanted to share with you all.

Version 1.0 - Based On Gui0007's Version 3.0
1. New AI for all characters coded by me. If you find my AI to be very difficult for you to handle
   you can lower the difficulty setting from the options menu.
2. Changed position of Leandro's lifebars & character wins messages.
3. Edited some hit collison boxes for all characters.
4. New snd (voices) for Jax, Kitana, Jade, Johnny Cage, Raiden, Shang Tsung and Sub-Zero.
5. Fixed the blood colors for Reptile & Noob Saibot in the common1.cns.
6. Defeated character portraits now show in battleplan.
7. Dial-a-combos for Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Shang Tsung, Kitana, Jax, Mileena, & Jade now have
   the same hit sounds & velocities just like their MK3-MKT counterpart.
8. Reptile's ending fixed.
9. AI will use dial-a-combo if the difficulty is set on level 3 & above.
10. Added watch mode for those that like to watch AI vs AI battles.
11. Added MKSM final boss theme for the final match against Shao Kahn in arcade mode.
12. While playing on Hard 8 the difficulty will be at 75% for the first two matches then it's 87% for the next two
    matches then it's 100% for the rest of arcade mode. This is the AI difficulty ramp I use for arcade mode in general.
13. Fixed two of Shang Tsung's fatalities. No major problem with it though just the background not turning black
    like it suppose to.
14. Shang Tsung's extra fatality now only makes the enemy inflate & explode just like the original MKII.
15. Fixed finish him/her bug. You will no longer see the enemy still trying to attack you after Shao Kahn says
    finish him/her.
16. Disabled most of the rapid white screen flashes in most finishers.
    Sorry I'm not trying to suffer a seizure while watching fatalites.
    No I don't suffer from seizures & I don't want to start now either.
17. During single mode AI vs AI battles the difficulty percentage will now show above the lifebar.
18. Fixed sound for the first hit of Scorpion & Human Smoke's punch dial-a-combo.
19. Fix the throw damage for Kung Lao, Johnny Cage & Shang Tsung. It kinda now resembles the original MKII version.
20. Changed every character liedown.time to 20.
21. Jax now recovers slower from his ground energy wave.
22. Sub-Zero now recovers a bit faster from his ice dash.
23. Fixed corner pushback bug for Kintaro's dial-a-combo when the first hit is guarded by the enemy.
24. Fixed the hit collison box for Kung Lao's vaccum spinner fatality. He won't miss it anymore no matter how far the enemy is.
25. Fixed the secret character question mark image.
26. Replaced the dragon symbol image with a red question mark image in the battleplan.
27. Game Over screen changed.

Annoying bugs that needs to be addressed:
1. Any fatality involving the enemy being in a frozen dizzy animation be misaligned on almost all characters
   except for Baraka, Raiden, Sub-Zero, & Johnny Cage. Sorry I can't explain this too well. To get a better
   understanding of the bug that I'm trying to describe play as Sub-Zero & do his ice grenade fatality & you'll
   see the bug on the enemy before he or she explodes.
2. If the enemy touches Sub-Zero's ice puddle very late he or she will end up slipping on a invisible ice puddle.
   Note: This bug has not been fixed since season one.
3. If Reptile gets hit shortly after he succeeds with the first half of his running serpent the enemy will be stuck
   in their fighting stance animation until he or she gets hit out of it. Example: Reptile gets knocked to the ground
   Sub-Zero runs up close to him & does his ground freeze while Reptile's getting up. Reptile jumps & lands behind Sub-Zero.
   He then does his running serpent & catches Sub-Zero from behind while Sub-Zero's back is still turned.
   Reptile goes through Sub-Zero & gets caught by his ice puddle. Sub-Zero's now stuck in his fighting stance animation
   unable to move or attack.
   Note: This is yet another bug that hasn't been fixed since season one either.
4. Kintaro's stomp fatality not always landing on enemy, he'll instead go through the floor.
   Note: Sorry I don't know how to fix this bug whatsoever.

Note: No MKII HornBuckle in my edited version. I'm not planning to do an AI patch for him either.
      He's a good character overall but broken as hell. He sometimes gets me confused with Liu Kang
      due to the simple fact that he's a palette swapped character. Also what's up with him having SFIV Ryu's voice over!?
      Nothing wrong with the voice over but does it have to be from a street fighter character. In my opinion MKP
      characters with voice overs from street fighter characters are a NO NO. They don't fit well together!

5/23/17 Update:
Version 2.0 - Based On Gui0007's Version 3.1/4.0
1. Added The Pit II Other Side stage for Hornbuckle's Fight in the stages folder.
  (No MKII HornBuckle in my edited version but you can still add him to the roster if you like from Gui0007's version.)
2. Hornbuckle and Blaze removed from the regular The Pit II.
3. New Sub-Zero's Deep Freeze states for Baraka and Raiden.
4. New The Pit II sounds for Rain and Baraka.
5. Revised Palettes for Rain.
6. Position of the wins messages fixed.
7. Added Double Flawless message.
8. Added MKII victory message after you defeat Shao Kahn.
9. Fixed the frames of Liu Kang's split in half animation. (Looked very weird during Noob Saibot's Clone Fatality.)
10. Updated the AI for all characters.
11. AI main system in the common1.cns is updated.
12. Removed the easy Brutality input. (No more pressing High Punch rapidly.)
13. Added MKII Dan Forden Frosty image.

Note: My Edited Cns For MKP 4.1 Season 2.5 has also been updated as well.

6/1/17 Update:
Version 2.1 - Based On Gui0007's Version 4.1
1. Added alternative sound (.snd) for Reptile, the one he uses from MKP S2.5.
2. Added Goro's Lair Ruins by Osiris & Secret of Secrets by Krookodile Belmonth.
3. Updated the AI for Kintaro, Reptile, Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung & Sub-Zero.
4. Added easy command for Sub-Zero's Ice Grenade fatality, just press down 4 times at the required distance.
5. Added easy command for Sub-Zero's Hara Kiri, just press low punch (the A button) 4 times.
6. Fixed a sound bug which happens during Shao Kahn's death animation shortly after he's hit by Kitana's fan projectile.
7. Fixed the win total position for the endurance mode results screen.

6/19/17 Update:
Version 3.0 - Based On Gui0007's Version 5.0
1. New character select screen. Ermac, Rain, Kintaro, & Shao Kahn still remain hidden in the select screen.
* To play as Ermac, press down on Mileena
* To play as Rain, press down on Baraka
* To play as Kintaro, press down on Scorpion
* To play as Shao Kahn, press down on Raiden
* To choose random character, press down on Noob Saibot.
2. Fixed the frames of Johnny Cage's split in half animation. (It had the same problem during Noob Saibot's Clone Fatality.)
3. Updated the AI for all characters.
4. New and improved Intros for the characters by AkuShadow. For details read "Aku's Intros Read Me" file.
5. Fixed the misaligned frozen dizzy animation for all the male ninjas during certain fatalites.
  (Play as Sub-Zero & do his ice grenade fatality & you'll see the bug fix on the enemy male ninjas.)
6. Added The Blue Portal by Le@N & Velaskez.
7. Fixed the position for the Flawless Victory & Double Flawless message.
8. AI main system in the common1.cns is updated.
9. Fixed the position of the rope to Scorpion & Smoke's spear when enemy gets caught & hurled by it.
10. Fixed the position of Reptile's Acid Spit projectile.
11. Fixed the color palette selection bug for Baraka, Liu Kang, & Reptile. Saving their sprites under MUGEN 1.0 or 1.1 format on FF3 will cause
    the MUGEN character to be stuck in their default color palette when you select them in the game.

Note: No MKII Flame in my edited version. I'm not planning to do an AI patch for him either.....unless he has more color palettes then I'll probably consider it.
      I'm not a fan of MUGEN characters that have only one color palette, mirror matches tend to get confusing at times.....same issue with MKII HornBuckle as well.
      Also too many palette swapped characters in this game lol. One more thing I only kept the stages I wanted in my edited version, so now there's only 19 stages
      & 2 hidden ones.

Certain stuff that needs to be addressed:
1. Most of the MKP characters don't have their finishing move commands updated.
2. Most of them still don't even have their Kombos.st fixed to MKP Season 2.5 engine. How do I know? Well the dial-a-combos ain't suppose to push you back in the corner unless
   it ends with a uppercut animation & you'll stay in that uppercut animation for a few seconds. Also it doesn't have the hit sounds from MK3-MKT, the
   far pushback feature when the dial-a-combo's guarded by the enemy & the button input for it is slow. The dial-a-combos themselves look slow when hitting as well.
   Borg117 has the Kombos.st file fixed for all of his standard characters however some of the creators out there neglect to fix the Kombos.st for their characters
   that are converted to work with MKP Season 2.5. Neglecting to fix the Kombos.st file for most of the characters makes Borg's
   features from his fixed MKP Season 2.5 useless since some creators are lazy to fully convert the characters 100% or just don't know how to.
3. Most of them don't have the new jump sound code which is located in the 1.cns file under [Statedef -2].
4. Most of them still don't have the faster uppercut recovery & can't land a kick dial-a-combo while the enemy is getting up from the floor like the fully coverted characters do.

Final Note: Real talk these problems should be fixed by their rightful coders & I know I ain't the only one that feel this way!

Future Updates:
1. New and improved intros for Jade, Rain, Ermac, Kintaro & Shao Kahn by AkuShadow.
2. Hopefully more bug fixes.

Note: My Edited Cns For MKP 4.1 Season 2.5 has also been updated once again.

8/15/17 Update:
Version 3.1 - Based On Gui0007's Version 6.0
1. Added improved intros for Ermac & Jade by AkuShadow.
2. Fixed the color palette selection bug for Ermac when you select any of his other alternate color palettes
   by pressing either X, Y, Z, B, or C from the character select screen.
3. Fixed a bug in Ermac's green star projectile.
4. Added Chameleon by IceCold Assassin. To play as Chameleon, press down on Noob Saibot.
5. New snd (voice) for Chameleon.
6. Edited Chameleon's CNS files & St files. (Fixed some found bugs while at it too.)
7. Edited some hit collison boxes for Chameleon.
8. New AI for Chameleon coded by me.
9. Fixed the misaligned frozen dizzy animation for Chameleon.
10. Added custom wins sound for Chameleon. (You Suck, HAHAHAHAHAHA!)
11. AI updated for all characters due to Chameleon now being added to the roster.
12. AI main system in the common1.cns is updated due to Chameleon now being added to the roster.
13. Fixed the wrong animation for Mileena's last hit of her 4 hit kick dial-a-combo.
14. Fixed the wrong animation for Kung Lao's last hit of his extra 3 hit kick dial-a-combo.
15. Added Chameleon's battleplan portrait after you defeat him in arcade mode.
16. Disabled most of the rapid white screen flashes in most finishers for Chameleon.
17. Fixed the blood colors for Reptile, Noob Saibot, & Chameleon in their 1.cns files.
18. Chameleon's AI will use dial-a-combo if the difficulty is set on level 3 & above.
19. Fixed the position of the rope to Chameleon's spear when enemy gets caught & hurled by it.
20. Fixed the position of Chameleon's Acid Spit projectile.
21. Changed Smoke's battleplan portrait to match his character select screen version.
22. Fixed animality command for Kung Lao since it interfered with his Topedo command. Command is now F, F, B, B.
23. Changed custom wins sound for Rain. (Feel the wrath of Toasty!)
24. Changed sound for Scorpion when he says "Get Over Here" & "Come Here" & added his MKSM version.
    (Sorry no "Get Over Here Bitch" & "Get The Fuck Over Here")

Future Updates:
1. New and improved intros for Rain, Kintaro & Shao Kahn by AkuShadow.

Note: My Edited Cns For MKP 4.1 Season 2.5 has also been updated once more. :)

9/21/17 Update:
Version 3.2 - Based On Gui0007's Version 6.0
1. Updated the AI for all characters.
2. AI main system in the common1.cns is updated.
3. Sub-Zero's 2 hit dial-a-combos & Mileena's weapon dial-a-combo will now knock the enemy to the ground.
4. Shorten the stumble animation time for all the female ninjas & non ninjas. However Baraka, Kintaro, Raiden, & Shao Kahn's stumble animation time was already fixed by Borg117. So there was no need to edit it further.
5. Fixed Smoke's battleplan portrait. (The one I added on version 3.1 didn't look all that great.)
6. Added the MKII battleplan background from Barook's edit.
7. Added MKSM boss battle theme for the match against Kintaro in arcade mode.
8. Removed some stages I didn't want in version 3.2, so now there's only 15 stages & 2 hidden ones.
    Don't worry the main stages from MKII are there.

10/31/17 Update:
Version 4.0 - Based On Gui0007's Version 6.0
1. Added LeandroTM's Shao Kahn aka Furious Shao Kahn & now replaces Boss Shao Kahn as the final boss in my edition by default.
2. AI updated for all characters due to Furious Shao Kahn now being added to the roster.
3. AI main system in the common1.cns is updated due to Furious Shao Kahn now being added to the roster.
4. New AI for Furious Shao Kahn coded by me.
  (Beware his AI is very challenging on difficulty 100%. He lives up to that name "Furious Shao Kahn" & I'm saying this
   from experience cause I got bodied by him a lot of times but in a good way lol.)
5. Edited some hit collison boxes for Furious Shao Kahn.
6. Fixed missing hurt animations for Furious Shao Kahn & Sub-Zero when they get hit by an attack while ducking.
7. Added Boss Shao Kahn's intros for Furious Shao Kahn.
  (Yes you will see him just off his chair like a badass on Kahn's Arena stage.)
8. Furious Shao Kahn's now fully compatible with certain stages involving him the background.
9. Kintaro's intro on Kahn's Arena stage now works with Furious Shao Kahn.
10. Added MKII victory message & victory music after you defeat Furious Shao Kahn.
11. Win display font "Shao Kahn Wins" is now MKII style for Furious Shao Kahn.
12. New snd (voice) for Shang Tsung. (It's his MK9 voice btw.)
13. Reptile's running serpent is now invincible if enemy gets tricked by it.
   (This is to avoid annoying bugs with it especially on 2 on 2 battles.)
14. Cns files fixed for Furious Shao Kahn.
15. AI related stuff in the Bmoves.st is updated & fixed due to Furious Shao Kahn now being added to roster.
   (You won't no longer hear Shao Kahn's voice in the background laughing or giving a compliment when Furious Shao Kahn's fighting.)
16. Furious Shao Kahn defence is now 125 instead of 100.
17. Pit.st is updated & I also fixed some compatibility issues with
    Furious Shao Kahn, MKII Shang Tsung, MKI Shang Tsung, MKI Sonya & MKI Kano. Sadly this fix only works for this game.
    Don't worry I'll release a patch for MKP Season 2.5 that'll fix some compatibility issues with certain characters. :)
18. Added an alternate select.def it's labeled as "select2.def". To use it edit the system.def.
    Select2.def replaces Furious Shao Kahn with Boss Shao Kahn in the roster.
    Which means you'll fight Boss Shao Kahn instead of Furious Shao Kahn in the final stage in Arcade mode.
    Boss Shao Kahn's folder is in the chars folder & his AI is updated as well.
19. Finish Him display bug fixed for Furious Shao Kahn in the common1.cns file.
20. If Chameleon's enemy is Furious Shao Kahn, you won't hear Shao Kahn's voice in the background announcing
    what male ninja he morphed into.

12/19/17 Update:
Version 4.1
1. New snd (voice) for Mileena.
2. New snd (voice) for Jax's LP throw.
3. New snd (voice) for Sub-Zero's Deep Freeze fatality & Hara Kiri.
4. Added IceCold Assassin's Giant Step fatality patch for Jax to replace his Terminator fatality.
5. Added Season 2.9's version of Kintaro's Stomp fatality.
6. Fixed the "Have A Nice Day" message display for Both Shao Kahn & Furious Shao Kahn.
7. AI updated for all characters.
9. B.moves.st & Fatality.st has been updated.
10. Reduced cool down time for some of Furious Shao Kahn's special moves.
11. Added MKII Magnectro's battleplan portrait to the fightfx.air.
    No MKII Magnectro in my edited version. I'm not planning to do an AI patch for him either.
12. Added LeandroTM's edited Pit II stage which now replaces the original version.
13. Added my edited Pit II Other Side Stage.
    It's my first edited stage.....feel free to use it for your MKP games as long as you credit me. ;)

8/16/18 Update:
Version 4.2
1. Added some of the MKII stuff from Gui Santos final version of MK II MUGEN.
   (Different versus screen background, MK II Danger message, MK II WINS counter text & numbers.)
2. Added MK II Friendship message.
3. New endings for Jade, Smoke and Noob Saibot.
4. Added Boss version of Shang Tsung (LeoCobainJr's Edit) replacing the normal version.
   Both versions are in the same folder, both with AI patches, minor fixes, & sound edits by me.
5. AI updated for all characters.
6. AI main system in the common1.cns is updated.
7. B.moves.st, Fatality.st, & Pit.st has been updated.
8. Fixed some missing sounds for Boss Shang tsung's morphs.
9. Edited some hit collison boxes for Boss Shang tsung.
10. Pre-fight controls from MKP Season 2 Final are added & also fixed by me.
11. Kintaro & Boss Shao Kahn can now guard against low attacks.
    (Just press or hold block during a incoming low attack & you'll guard it.) ;)
12. Difficulty% display replaced with just "CPU" in MKII Style.
    (Don't know how to make MK II style Difficulty% as sprites or fonts.)
13. While playing on Hard 8, the difficulty will now be at 75% for the first three matches, then it's 87% for the next two
    matches, then it's 100% for the rest of arcade mode.
14. While fighting Shao Kahn or playing as him, his voice announcments are slient.
    Just like how he was in the original MK II game, FIGHT text didn't display either. :)
    (You won't hear Round 1 FIGHT!!! Or Blah Blah Blah WINS)
15. New snd (voice) for Sub-Zero.
16. Fixed a bug on Raiden's Torpedo.
17. BattlePlan can now only be skipped during the first match by pressing start or by holding down to speed it up.
18. Disabled Both Shao Kahn's intro after he loses the first round,
    due to a bug with the pre-fight controls that cancels his getting up animation
    & goes to straight to his fighting stance. Same issue in MKP Season 2 Final.
    (Hopefully I find a way to fix it in a future update, until then it's disabled.)
19. New Damage & Hits message, now in MKII Style. (Adapted from Juano16's MK II MUGEN with a minor edit.)
20. Sub-Zero now has two win poses.
21. Added easy Brutality input for all characters.
    Press HP 11 times, you can also still use the manual Brutality input command from the character's movelist.
22. Changed Danger sound to Killer Instinct's version.
23. New Battleplan! (Thanks Fabian Arispe!)
24. Added Shang Tsung's MKI Throne Room stage & you also fight him there in arcade mode.
25. Both Goro's Lair & Goro's Lair Ruins stages are now available in all game modes.

9/4/18 Small Important Update 1:
Version 4.2
1. Added Nova's MKII Johnny Cage which now replaces the old one.
2. New AI for Nova's MKII Johnny Cage coded by me.
3. Edited some hit collison boxes for Nova's MKII Johnny Cage.
4. Added easy Brutality input for Nova's MKII Johnny Cage.
5. Edited Nova's MKII Johnny Cage's CNS files & St files.
6. Added blood & bones for MKII Sub-Zero's Deep Freeze uppercut finish.
7. Added some bones for Jade's Stab & Shake fatality & Jax's Giant Step fatality.
8. AI updated for all characters.
9. AI main system in the common1.cns is updated.
10. Fixed a bug in Kitana's ending.
11. Added IceCold Assassin's updated MKII Jax.
12. B.moves.st & Kombos.st has been updated.
13. Position of the Wins message for Boss Shang Tsung has been fixed.

9/19/18 Small Important Update 2:
Version 4.2
1. Fixed Boss Shang Tsung's ending.
2. AI updated for all characters.
3. Fixed a small AI main system bug in the common1.cns.
4. B.moves.st & Fatality.st has been updated.
5. Added the fixed pre-fight controls from Borg's recent patch release for MKP Season 2 Final.
   I had it fixed differently during the early V4.2 release.

Note: I'm not adding Tremor, Skarlet, Emerald & Red Robin in my edition of MK II MUGEN.
I'm happy with the roster I have even if it's dull.
Hopefully one day a fixed version of MKII Khameleon can be added to the roster
& a Kintaro edit that plays just like a normal character. (Identical to Furious Shao Kahn.)

Download it here:
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=C64ED8D6FA2ED5A9%21415&cid=C64ED8D6FA2ED5A9

Note: The download link will take you to my folder that contains the full game patch & also contains a moleboxed version of my edit. No real reason why I have a moleboxed version of my update, I added it as a back up & if anybody just wants to play it. The title of the folder has V4.2 labeled aka version 4.2 that's the moleboxed version.

Enjoy this awesome edited game folks.........comments & feedback are always welcome. ;)

Credits and Special Thanks:
Borg117, for the new MKP stuff
Juano16, BlackJack and Reignman, for the original MKII MUGEN Project
Ressurecta, for the original Screenpack
Interloko, for the great work with the Opening
Le@N/LEAN MK, for the excellent job with the stages and the chars sound rips
EddieMattos, for the chars bio pics
LeandroTM, for the awesome work with the Lifebars, his updated Sub-Zero, Furious Shao Kahn, & the edited Pit II stage
Alessandro Draiona, for the help in Gui0007's 3.1 version
Jermaine Kidd, for the converting MKII chars
IceCold Assassin, for the MKII Male Ninjas, the high res MKII Dan Forden Toasty & Frosty sprites, updated MKII Jax,
& the 3.1 updates for Gui0007's version
Gui0007, for adding the new MKP S2.5 stuff removing the Juano or the old MKP stuff
Huge fixes & edits by ShinSmoke (me of course) for Gui0007's versions 3.0, 4.0, 6.0 & 7.0 & Final Version
Maxi/GLAM, for your good additions in your edit
AkuShadow, for the EPIC job with the new intros
Barook, for the MKII BattlePlan background
Fabian Arispe, for his new MK II style BattlePlan
LeoCobainJr, for his Boss MKII Shang Tsung edit
Nova, for his MKII Johnny Cage
All the custom stages creators

And of course Ed Boon, John Tobias, John Vogel and Dan "Toasty" Forden for creating Mortal Kombat!

MORTAL KOMBAT II © 1992,93 MIDWAY MANUFACTURING. Developed by Midway Games/NetherRealm Studios.
All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
MORTAL KOMBAT, THE DRAGON LOGO, and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:45:34 am by ShinSmoke
Re: Mortal Kombat II MUGEN ShinSmoke's Edition (Based on Gui0007's Edit)
#2  May 18, 2017, 06:49:32 pm
    • Brazil
Sweet!

You and Gui0007 seem to have done an incredible work, alongside everyone cited in the credits. Can't wait to try this, MKII have been my favorite MK game ever, so many good memories playing it on my old Mega Drive.
#3  May 18, 2017, 09:11:40 pm
    • USA
Sweet!

You and Gui0007 seem to have done an incredible work, alongside everyone cited in the credits. Can't wait to try this, MKII have been my favorite MK game ever, so many good memories playing it on my old Mega Drive.

Thank you bro! MKII has always been my favorite 2D game as well. I still play it till this day on emulators.
#4  May 20, 2017, 08:19:53 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Sweet!

Thanks for the kind words bruh. :)
And MK2 is my favorite too, i'm still playing around in my Mega Drive. :)

Also, there are the recent videos. ShinSmoke, man you did such an EPIC job! Thanks, thanks so much! :D
#5  May 21, 2017, 05:30:07 am
    • USA
Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:00:09 am by ShinSmoke
#6  May 21, 2017, 06:09:59 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
Came across a bug in Kintaro's stomp fatality, he'll jump toward the opponent but he'll end up going through the floor instead of completing the move
#7  May 22, 2017, 02:04:02 am
    • USA
Came across a bug in Kintaro's stomp fatality, he'll jump toward the opponent but he'll end up going through the floor instead of completing the move

I remember seeing that bug happen in an early version of MKP Season 2 but I only seen it once. At the moment I can't reproduce it in this MUGEN.
#8  May 22, 2017, 04:08:49 am
sorry I got a question...how do you get it to be full screen without the black borders all around
#9  May 22, 2017, 08:48:12 am
    • USA
sorry I got a question...how do you get it to be full screen without the black borders all around

Go to the Mugen.cfg file & edit the gameheight & gamewidth. I don't know what exact number to make it full screen without the black borders. So you'll have to mess with it till you have it the way you want it.
Re: Mortal Kombat II MUGEN ShinSmoke's Edition (Based on Gui0007's Edit V.2.0/V.2.1)
#10  May 24, 2017, 04:08:57 am
    • USA
Hello everybody I just wanted to inform you all that my edited Mortal Kombat II: MUGEN (Based on Gui0007's version) has been updated.

5/23/17 Update:
Version 2.0 - Based On Gui0007's Version 3.1/4.0
1. Added The Pit II Other Side stage for Hornbuckle's Fight in the stages folder.
  (No MKII HornBuckle in my edited version but you can still add him to the roster if you like from Gui0007's version.)
2. Hornbuckle and Blaze removed from the regular The Pit II.
3. New Sub-Zero's Deep Freeze states for Baraka and Raiden.
4. New The Pit II sounds for Rain and Baraka.
5. Revised Palettes for Rain.
6. Position of the wins messages fixed.
7. Added Double Flawless message.
8. Added MKII victory message after you defeat Shao Kahn.
9. Fixed the frames of Liu Kang's split in half animation. (Looked very weird during Noob Saibot's Clone Fatality.)
10. Updated the AI for all characters.
11. AI main system in the common1.cns is updated.
12. Removed the easy Brutality input. (No more pressing High Punch rapidly.)
13. Added MKII Dan Forden Frosty image.

Note: My Edited Cns For MKP 4.1 Season 2.5 has also been updated as well.

Redownload please :)
Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 07:34:19 am by ShinSmoke
Re: Mortal Kombat II MUGEN: ShinSmoke's Edition Updated (5/23/17)
#11  May 25, 2017, 04:41:12 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
What can i say, awesome job bruh! :D :D
#12  May 25, 2017, 04:55:17 am
    • USA
#13  June 02, 2017, 12:03:57 am
    • USA
Good evening everybody my stand alone edit of Gui0007's MKII MUGEN has been updated.

6/1/17 Update:
Version 2.1 - Based On Gui0007's Version 4.1
1. Added alternative sound (.snd) for Reptile, the one he uses from MKP S2.5.
2. Added Goro's Lair Ruins by Osiris & Secret of Secrets by Krookodile Belmonth.
3. Updated the AI for Kintaro, Reptile, Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung & Sub-Zero.
4. Added easy command for Sub-Zero's Ice Grenade fatality, just press down 4 times at the required distance.
5. Added easy command for Sub-Zero's Hara Kiri, just press low punch (the A button) 4 times.
6. Fixed a sound bug which happens during Shao Kahn's death animation shortly after he's hit by Kitana's fan projectile.
7. Fixed the win total position for the endurance mode results screen.

Redownload please. :)
Re: Mortal Kombat II MUGEN: ShinSmoke's Edition Updated (6/1/17)
#14  June 19, 2017, 12:53:31 pm
    • USA
Hey yo chicos & chicas.......my stand alone edit of Gui0007's MKII MUGEN has been updated once more.

6/19/17 Update:
Version 3.0 - Based On Gui0007's Version 5.0
1. New character select screen. Ermac, Rain, Kintaro, & Shao Kahn still remain hidden in the select screen.
* To play as Ermac, press down on Mileena
* To play as Rain, press down on Baraka
* To play as Kintaro, press down on Scorpion
* To play as Shao Kahn, press down on Raiden
* To choose random character, press down on Noob Saibot.
2. Fixed the frames of Johnny Cage's split in half animation. (It had the same problem during Noob Saibot's Clone Fatality.)
3. Updated the AI for all characters.
4. New and improved Intros for the characters by AkuShadow. For details read "Aku's Intros Read Me" file.
5. Fixed the misaligned frozen dizzy animation for all the male ninjas during certain fatalites.
  (Play as Sub-Zero & do his ice grenade fatality & you'll see the bug fix on the enemy male ninjas.)
6. Added The Blue Portal by Le@N & Velaskez.
7. Fixed the position for the Flawless Victory & Double Flawless message.
9. Fixed the position of the rope to Scorpion & Smoke's spear when enemy gets caught & hurled by it.
10. Fixed the position of Reptile's Acid Spit projectile.
11. Fixed the color palette selection bug for Baraka, Liu Kang, & Reptile. Saving their sprites under MUGEN 1.0 or 1.1 format on FF3 will cause
    the MUGEN character to be stuck in their default color palette when you select them in the game.

Note: No MKII Flame in my edited version. I'm not planning to do an AI patch for him either.....unless he has more color palettes then I'll probably consider it.
      I'm not a fan of MUGEN characters that have only one color palette, mirror matches tend to get confusing at times.....same issue with MKII HornBuckle as well.
      Also too many palette swapped characters in this game lol. One more thing I only kept the stages I wanted in my edited version, so now there's only 19 stages
      & 2 hidden ones.

Certain stuff that needs to be addressed:
1. Most of the MKP characters don't have their finishing move commands updated.
2. Most of them still don't even have their Kombos.st fixed to MKP Season 2.5 engine. How do I know? Well the dial-a-combos ain't suppose to push you back in the corner unless
   it ends with a uppercut animation & you'll stay in that uppercut animation for a few seconds. Also it doesn't have the hit sounds from MK3-MKT, the
   far pushback feature when the dial-a-combo's guarded by the enemy & the button input for it is slow. The dial-a-combos themselves look slow when hitting as well.
   Borg117 has the Kombos.st file fixed for all of his standard characters however some of the creators out there neglect to fix the Kombos.st for their characters
   that are converted to work with MKP Season 2.5. Neglecting to fix the Kombos.st file for most of the characters makes Borg's
   features from his fixed MKP Season 2.5 useless since some creators are lazy to fully convert the characters 100% or just don't know how to.
3. Most of them don't have the new jump sound code which is located in the 1.cns file under [Statedef -2].
4. Most of them still don't have the faster uppercut recovery & can't land a kick dial-a-combo while the enemy is getting up from the floor like the fully coverted characters do.

Final Note: Real talk these problems should be fixed by their rightful coders & I know I ain't the only one that feel this way!

Future Updates:
1. New and improved intros for Jade, Rain, Ermac, Kintaro & Shao Kahn by AkuShadow.

Note: My Edited Cns For MKP 4.1 Season 2.5 has also been updated once again.

One more thing the link to my archive also contains a moleboxed version of my edit. No real reason why I have a moleboxed version of my update, I added it as a back up & if anybody just wants to play it. The title of the folder has V3.0 labeled aka version 3.0 that's the moleboxed version.

Redownload please & your welcome! ;)
Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 08:20:08 am by ShinSmoke
Re: Mortal Kombat II MUGEN: ShinSmoke's Edition Updated (6/19/17)
#15  June 19, 2017, 03:41:09 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
So I take it that you don't like rapid white screen flashes in fatalities. Is this true or am I reading something wrong? :P
#16  June 19, 2017, 03:50:34 pm
    • USA
So I take it that you don't like rapid white screen flashes in fatalities. Is this true or am I reading something wrong? :P

No you read it right. I don't like rapid white screen flashes in fatalities! Even if there was rapid red screen flashes in the finishers I would still have a issue with it at the end of the day.
#17  June 19, 2017, 06:36:42 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
Sorry I guess I suck at sarcasm. Was shining some light on your rant about how u hate the flashes.

This project looks good by the way. Will download for sure.
#18  July 01, 2017, 01:41:58 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Thanks! And all the fixes/changes from Version 2.1 are in the Version 3.0?
#19  July 01, 2017, 02:11:08 am
    • USA
#20  July 01, 2017, 02:16:25 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20