YesNoOk

Xenomic's Let's Play Thread! (Read 23232 times)

Started by Xenomic, October 14, 2014, 09:27:03 am
Share this topic:
Xenomic's Let's Play Thread!
#1  October 14, 2014, 09:27:03 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
So for those who aren't in the know-how, I have been doing Let's Plays for a long time (4 years or something like that??), upwards to nearly 4,300 videos (a good portion being MUGEN one-off videos). As of right now, I am doing a Let's Play series known as Smashfest, in commemoration of the new Super Smash Brothers being released. The Smashfest is a series of Let's Play videos dedicated to each character (or series in some cases) that is in the new Smash game, where applicable (some won't get any LPs at all, such as Pikmin). As of right now, Super Mario Brothers: The Lost Levels, Dr. Mario, Yoshi's Cookie, Tetris, Donkey Kong Land, and Megaman 7 are all done and ready to go once I'm done uploading the remaining MUGEN videos I have left. I am currently deciding on what will be the next LP (and what other games to do for the Smashfest). This is where I can use your input! The following is what is currently lined up:

Super Mario Land 3 - Wario's Land
Kid Icarus - Of Myths and Monsters
F-Zero GX
Earthbound
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
Super Punch-Out!!
Pokemon Red (GB) or Pokemon FireRed (GBA)
Star Fox
Super Metroid
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Sonic the Hedgehog
Pac-Man
Game & Watch Gallery

(For Stages)

Super Mario Kart Advance

(For Brawl)

Ice Climbers
Metal Gear Solid

However, note that I am mostly limited to SNES/GB/GBA/GBC/GBA (NES/N64 lags like a mother. Don't ask why NES lags, I haven't figured out what's causing that issue. Same issue with PSX. Wii, DS, and Gamecube are obviously excluded due to computer specs. 3DS and WiiU are also excluded because not on computer and don't own them). That leaves a bit less than I'd like to choose from, but there's still a good helping of games to choose from! So go ahead and give me what YOU think would be a good choice to do for this series! Note that EVERYTHING on this list (bar Metal Gear Solid, but it's been years since I last played it, and Fire Emblem I've beaten in the form of 11/12) will be BLIND, and most likely other games you choose will also be BLIND.

For those that would like to see my Let's Plays, you can find them here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Xenomic

Other important documents:

Playthrough & Walkthrough List: http://xenomic.freehostia.com/Text/Playthrough%20&%20Walkthrough%20List.txt

Videos to Come: http://xenomic.freehostia.com/Text/Videos%20to%20Do.txt

Just be wary that I do not have the best voice in the world, and I'm not THAT great of a commentator. I try though! ^^;

This thread may be updated with future LPs, and will only post a link to the FIRST video of a LP, if I feel so inclined.
Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 09:30:05 am by Xenomic
Re: Xenomic's Let's Play Thread!
#2  March 04, 2015, 05:01:22 am
    • USA
Alrighty, since I'm almost done with my FE3 LP being uploaded (I have some MUGEN videos to take up 3-4 days before I have to do more videos), I need to decide what will be the next LP I do. I have a limited amount of games yet to still do for the Smashfest I'm doing, which is from the list above, and this is all that remains:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Sonic Mega Collection Plus
Metroid: Zero Mission
Pokemon FireRed (GBA)
Earthbound

Of note, only Sonic Mega Collection Plus and OoT I know what to do in as I've streamed those already. The other 3 games I know nothing about and have never played them (I HAVE seen Earthbound a fair number of times though, and since it's a RPG, shouldn't be hard to do anyways). So here's the dealio! Go ahead and vote for which game should be the next to be LP'd!

After all of these are done, the Smashfest will end with hopefully Melee (no Brawl sadly as I don't know if I can get it to run fine on emulator. Never tried it at all, nor do I have it). I do have a set list of games for after Smashfest ends that I'd like to do, some of which are the following:

Final Fantasy X International

Final Fantasy X-2 (Sadly, not international as I can't get a good patch for that)
Final Fantasy XII (Ugh...)
Dirge of Cerberus -Final Fantasy VII- (Never played yet)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Never played yet)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (Never played yet)
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix
Mario Kart 64
Mario Kart Advance
Mario Kart Double Dash
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2 (possibly)
Kirby 64
Destrega (Ugh...)
Soul Blade
Yugioh: Forbidden Memories ( T-T )
Megaman 8

...And a host of other games. I can list them if anyone is interested in them. In fact, feel free to suggest games for me to LP, whether it be blind or not. I'm actually thinking of redoing my Final Fantasy VII and Super Mario RPG LPs, to be 100% informative and whatnot, showing off everything the games has to offer and whatnot, but don't know if I will.
#3  May 30, 2015, 11:31:04 pm
    • USA
Howdy! Long time no see ya'll! So today, I have finally finished the Smashfest after nearly 8 months of doing it. Sadly, I dropped Pokemon FireRed and Metroid Zero Mission to hasten the Smashfest (because I was tired of it by this point), so those won't be featured in this at all (Pikmin and Metal Gear Solid also will not be featured). I am currently uploading the rest of the Earthbound LP and will be uploading the Super Smash Brothers Melee LP (no commentary on that one) alongside that and then by itself when Earthbound is fully uploaded.

So here's my question to ya'll: For Melee, would anyone be interested in a video, or think it's a good idea to do a video, for how to abuse the AI on Very Hard Mode/Lv9 CPU? This is in reference to Very Hard mode in All-Star (1v1s aren't that bad, 2v1s it depends, but 3v1s are garbage in that mode. As are the 25 G&Ws), which I'm hoping will help people deal with that mode and get that bonus (which is a garbage bonus to try to get, on par if not about as bad as the No Damage Clear bonus...). Yay or nay?

The next LP after Melee, I have yet to decide upon. I'm half tempted to do a LP of Tales of Symphonia, which I am currently playing for funsies for the first time, but I'm also tempted to do the Kingdom Hearts series or continue the Final Fantasy series...
#4  May 30, 2015, 11:50:32 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I would watch the shit out of a Kingdom Hearts Let's Play, I just freakin love that series. Hopefully you're considering number 2 or Birth by Sleep by any chance? :wacky:

If I knew which FF game you were playing, I would have told you to go forward, so that's up to you pal.

Not exactly a SSB fan, but you're idea of how to abuse the AI in Melee sounds pretty nice. Either way, I wholeheartedly would love it if you did a KH2 LP (I would do one, but I no have time :bigcry:). Good luck! :)

This is a generic forum signature.
#5  May 30, 2015, 11:56:03 pm
    • USA
I'd be doing KH1, KH2FM, and KHBBS. Don't know if I'll do Chain of Memories, RE:Coded, or 365/2 Days. Can't do DDD so that's out of the question. As for the FF series, the next one that'd be on the list is FFX International, followed by FFX-2, FFXII (Don't know if I'll do International or not for that one), and so on and so forth. There's a list of the FFs up above somewhere.

The idea for abusing the AI stemmed from me doing a non-legit Very Hard Mode run with Ganondorf (it's non-legit because I hacked in 999 coins), and ended up using 500 coins on the last 2 stages alone. That, and I didn't exactly know the ways of abusing the AI to get through better. I'm sure it's possible to abuse the AI in the other games, I just don't recall anymore as I haven't played Brawl in years, and I haven't played the original N64 one in quite a long while. This video would be one of the few with commentary in the series too, and would be at the very end. I'm probably never going to do a video on a No Damage Clear run, the one I did was also non-legit (I used savestates because I was getting super annoyed at bombs and items spawning on top of me everywhere...).
#6  May 31, 2015, 12:15:53 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That sounds great, man. I;d say go with 365/2 Days, seems better than CoM and Re:Coded. Also, since I know which FF game you'll do a Lets Play on, I say go forth with an FFX International LP. Expect me to be watching it till the end. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
#7  May 31, 2015, 12:31:09 am
    • USA
I might wind up doing them all anyways just to say that I did them. Of course, those 3 games in particular would be blind but eh. It may be a while before I actually begin those LPs though as I do want to finish Tales of Symphonia up and work on my RPG Maker game, but in the meantime, it'll be Earthbound and Melee vids~
#8  May 31, 2015, 12:33:37 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I might wind up doing them all anyways just to say that I did them. Of course, those 3 games in particular would be blind but eh. It may be a while before I actually begin those LPs though as I do want to finish Tales of Symphonia up and work on my RPG Maker game, but in the meantime, it'll be Earthbound and Melee vids~

Impressive. Can't wait to see thos Earthbound LPs, and good luck with your Tohou Fantasy project. ;)
#9  May 31, 2015, 12:36:23 am
    • USA
Can start viewing the Earthbound ones now as it's nearly uploaded fully (4 videos left, so 4 more days left for that to be done). TF will still take quite a while to do, as I still don't have any help with mapping or whatnot for it >_<;
#10  June 19, 2015, 08:59:25 am
    • USA
For those interested, now that the Smashfest is finally done, the next big long LP is going to be Kingdom Hearts I. Lots of fail to be had (and in fact, there already is a bit of fail in it, oh goodie!). While doing this game, I'm also going to be doing smaller games (the one currently already done is Mario Kart Double Dash, while the one before KH was Capcom Fighting Evolution). Other short games will probably follow suit, what they are I don't know yet. I need to figure out what I feel like recording at night (no commentary on most of the short ones due to them being done at night, and I don't commentate during fighting or racing games anyway). So hopefully that'll be stuff that'll tickle ya'lls fancy~ The first part of Kingdom Hearts is already up tonight, while the first part of Mario Kart Double Dash will probably show up either before I sleep tonight or during tomorrow before recording anymore Kingdom Hearts!

I will eventually get to that abusing Lv9 AI thing for Melee. I haven't forgotten it! Just...gonna be a while is all lol.
#11  June 27, 2015, 06:52:55 am
    • USA
1 week, and Kingdom Hearts is already 100% done! So while slowly uploading the KH LP (For anyone watching, how's the audio? I need to know if the game audio and my mic audio are fine. It's really hard for me to tell, what with having hearing problems and whatnot), and now I'm already beginning the Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix LP~ So that should be fun!

Meanwhile, things like at 2:45 tend to happen a lot for me in this game.  Hm...I wonder why that is (also, this is before upping the volume on the mic so that's a bit higher than that in later videos). And then of course later in the game I stop dying. Wonder why...hmmmm. I may be up for taking requests concerning the game too (I still have a level 50 save file, whereas I was about level 80 when I finished it because grinding for Ultima Weapon takes forever...). Depends on the requests though!
#12  July 10, 2015, 03:31:10 am
    • USA
No response on the audio eh? Guess it must be fine then! I hope...

In other news, Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix is 100% done now! Only things I can think of for doing videos is one just for Limit Breaks, and another just to show off everything in the journal (which would just be a reading episode). Likewise in KH1 for the journal, though I haven't done that video yet. Think I should or shouldn't?

So, now that KH1 and KH2 are both done, what to do next? I am considering Birth by Sleep Final Mix since I'm on a KH streak, but I'm also considering Final Fantasy X. There's some other games that I want to do as well, but I'm also thinking of taking a small break from LPing (2 1/2 weeks nonstop of recording will do that to a person, and with 2 long RPGs in a row at that at 100% completion) so that I can work on Touhou Fantasy a bit more too (still gotta get through the hell that is dialogue and eventing...). Which of the two would YOU guys rather see, for those of you that actually follow my LPs at all?
#13  August 20, 2015, 09:23:27 am
    • USA
For those who don't keep up with my videos on YouTube, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix is nearing it's end! Just working on post-game stuff (100% the journal for all 3 characters, which is gonna take a while) and then the final episode and secret episode stuff, followed by the abilities exhibition for the game. So what's to come after this? Well, I'll leave that up to you guys to vote!

Final Fantasy X International (PS2)
Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- (PSP)
Megaman 8 (PSX)
Soul Calibur II (GC)
Spawn (SNES)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS, assuming I can record that right)
Final Fantasy Adventure (GB)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)
Kirby 64 (N64)

Those are current choices, one from each system that I have on my list. So have at you! ^^
#14  August 21, 2015, 10:35:30 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Spawn or M&L: Superstar Saga would be awesome, ^_^
#15  August 26, 2015, 10:29:35 am
    • USA
Spawn will be next since it's not a RPG and I need a not RPG after 3 in a row lol...

So, I spent 1 hours and 10 minutes on KHI and 2 hours and 6 minutes on KHII Final Mix (omitting some things such as synthesis items and world stories from KHII) recording a 100% file/the Journals for both games. My god is the Character section freaking long! Anywho, I am wondering if it'd be worth even uploading these at all, or if I should just scrap them? And if I do go through with uploading these (good lord I don't know how long a 2 hour file would take to upload...), if I should do the same with BBS?
#16  April 05, 2016, 03:35:22 am
    • USA
Hoi! Quite a long time since I said anything in this topic, eh? In any event, recently finished Final Fantasy X-2 (original) 100%, and now thinking of what to do for the next Let's Play. So, here's a list of games that I'm contemplating doing next! For those interested, please make a vote for one or two of these games in the comments below! DS games are a no-go right now as I'm not sure how to record those yet (I think I used OBS before but I forgot):

Final Fantasy VII (Remake of old LP with commentary and more accurate data on fights and the like)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2. Original version. I contemplated doing International but decided against it. No Yiazmat will be done though!)
Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- (Going for 100% as usual)
Dirge of Cerberus -Final Fantasy VII- (No 100% or anything out of the ordinary. Just a standard blind LP for the game)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Blind, as I've never seen nor played this game)
Final Fantasy Adventure (Blind)
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Blind)
Megaman & Bass (Blind)
Megaman X (Blind)
Megaman X2 (Blind. Only when MMX 1 is done)
Megaman X3 (Blind. Only when MMX2 is done)
Megaman X4 (Blind)
Megaman X5 (Blind)
Megaman X6 (Blind)
Megaman Zero (Blind)
Megaman Zero 2 (Blind)
Megaman Zero 3 (Blind)
Megaman Zero 4 (Blind)
Wario Land 4 (Blind)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (100% run, but depends if I can get it working right and whatnot)
Destrega
Soul Blade (Blind)
Soul Calibur II
Donkey Kong Country 3 (Blind)
Sunset Riders
#17  April 07, 2016, 09:12:29 pm
Didn't see this thread before, and I'll probably peek at your KH LPs in a day or two.

XII is one of my favorites and Dissidia might be interesting. I don't think anyone's gonna rage if you avoid Yiazmat, I didn't attempt him either but otherwise 100%'d my playthrough. Fair warning if you're going for 100%, my end file was 200 hours.
#18  April 07, 2016, 09:14:20 pm
    • USA
I'm well aware of how long XII takes, mine was about 100-150 hours just doing everything normally (hell, FFX-2 took 100 hours just to 100%, and that game SHOULD NOT be that long as it was...).
#19  April 07, 2016, 09:17:48 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I would love to see you do Dissidia 012. I would also like to see Soul Edge... (Fighting games LP's alone are kinda tricky unless you had friends to play with at the end.)

Edit: With your skills, I wouldn't mind seeing you play a blind LP.
Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 09:21:23 pm by R565
#20  April 07, 2016, 09:38:16 pm
    • USA
Well, here's the results of what I have thus far:

Megaman X: 4
Dirge of Cerberus -Final Fantasy VII-: 2
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy: 2
Soul Blade/Edge: 2
Final Fantasy XII: 1
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga: 1
Megaman Zero: 1

I'll probably give this until around Sunday before I start the next LP. Don't know if I'll start it on Sunday or not, since folks will be bugging me bout my birthday and all that, so probably won't get anything done that I want to get done. Blech...