Project EF-12 Dead?  (Read 11709 times)

Started by Tereith2050, May 26, 2015, 10:14:18 pm
Share this topic:
Project EF-12 Dead?
#1  May 26, 2015, 10:14:18 pm
  • Favorite char of all time - Yoshimitsu -
    • Denmark
    • Petersenjonas@ymail.com
Hi i recently came back to MUGEN again which is great fun. And i accidently stumpel'd upon EF-12. I'm wondering if it's dead or not hence i can't find any *new* information on the game. It's been greenlighted on steam but nothing new from the devs. I searched the internet for custom characters and stages and can't seem to find any execpt for tutorials on how to make your own?> I'm wondering cuz it looks like a ton of fun and if it would grow up to be like MUGEN it would be massive just like mugen is?? so what's going on?
Re: Project EF-12 Dead?
#2  May 28, 2015, 02:24:52 am
    • Brazil
    • henriquedelgado11@gmail.com
We had some people making custom characters but they suddenly ragequit taking all their work with them. You can find some of their recovered stuff on this topic: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lets-recover-lost-ef12-contents-166388.0.html

As for the engine's development itself, it seems the team doesn't have a lot of time to work on it, they can only do it during their free time, which is also why the engine isn't on Steam yet (they said so themselves on YouTube). Too bad.
#3  May 28, 2015, 05:11:22 am
    • Brazil
    • ondashiz@yahoo.com.br
The work on EF-12 is being made in baby steps, and mostly in Japan. A group named ITKS has made an original game using EF-12 engine, and a Vocaloid fan made a special version of EF-12 with Hatsune Miku and her gang. Other projects appear here and there, but its technically a treasure hunt. Many developers remain in the shadows until they have fulfilled their works (Don't release WIPs), and others prefer keep their works solely to them.
#4  May 28, 2015, 11:26:35 am
Sad to say, Snow is right.
Most characters are indeed a treasure hunt, We should probably create a separate Character Download Topic just to reduce the hunt, add credits etc...
I myself have aprox 8 characters I'm working with, Sadly they're not up to standard still, (Lacking uniqueness in some aspects.. Supers etc.. ) EF-12 Isn't quite dead, But it definitely is a very small community. ^^
#5  May 28, 2015, 11:29:00 am
The work on EF-12 is being made in baby steps, and mostly in Japan. A group named ITKS has made an original game using EF-12 engine, and a Vocaloid fan made a special version of EF-12 with Hatsune Miku and her gang. Other projects appear here and there, but its technically a treasure hunt. Many developers remain in the shadows until they have fulfilled their works (Don't release WIPs), and others prefer keep their works solely to them.

By the way, Jairo How are your works comming along? :)
#6  May 29, 2015, 12:00:05 am
  • Favorite char of all time - Yoshimitsu -
    • Denmark
    • Petersenjonas@ymail.com
good to hear. :) thanks for the answers guys. What i was looking for. :) !
#7  May 29, 2015, 05:57:46 am
    • Brazil
    • ondashiz@yahoo.com.br
By the way, Jairo How are your works comming along? :)
I am near to remake the stage of an old failed fighting game engine called Ignite, a solo work from 2001 that had potential, but unfortunately didn't gone trough.

I am having an issue with the ground texture, but the background has gone great.

And, today, I fixed Ryu, Jin and Metal Gear Stage's textures! =D
Their textures were in .PNG, so I converted them to .DDS and they got pretty!

The fixed textures are in the "Let's recover the lost EF-12 contents!" thread.
Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 06:48:35 am by Snowmeow
#8  May 29, 2015, 09:37:04 pm
Wow, That's quite abit of work. :)
Lets hope for some releases soon! :D
#9  May 30, 2015, 06:36:22 am
    • Brazil
    • ondashiz@yahoo.com.br
Almost getting there!
My only trouble is that the texture generates a lot of reflection, and the yellow part of the grass turned olive green, generating an undesirable contrast.
Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 06:40:22 am by Snowmeow
#10  May 30, 2015, 11:36:28 am
Ah sometimes I get that, Fixed it within blender itself by reducing all the varibles to 0 on each texture, Under EF-12 Material parameters, Like this

Forgive my messy layout. :p
And I have no clue how to actually insert an image in this forum, so a link will have to suffice xD
Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:52:34 pm by Nightwolfy
#11  May 30, 2015, 04:31:25 pm
    • Brazil
    • ondashiz@yahoo.com.br
Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:34:43 pm by Snowmeow
#12  May 30, 2015, 04:53:39 pm
I tried that, and it just hid the entire thing, Silly me was using the wrong link.
Just did "copy image location" pasted that in there and it worked fine with the img thing,
#13  June 02, 2015, 08:47:19 pm
    • Brazil
    • ondashiz@yahoo.com.br