YesNoOk

Downgrading a character from 1.1 to 1.0/Winmugen (Read 4203 times)

Started by mfgfgm, November 24, 2017, 08:12:29 pm
Share this topic:
Downgrading a character from 1.1 to 1.0/Winmugen
#1  November 24, 2017, 08:12:29 pm
Hello, I have a problem with my character. I made it on Fighter Factory 3 and it worked fine with mugen 1.1. In the def file the mugen version is empty, it's like this "mugenversion = " with nothing written after it. Now, I tried putting "1.0" and "04,14,2002" and tried the character in mugen 1.1, it worked normally. But when I put it in 1.0 and winmugen, I got an error that just said "Error loading sff file". Is there a way to fix this issue?
Re: Downgrading a character from 1.1 to 1.0/Winmugen
#2  November 25, 2017, 08:22:44 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
1.1 uses a slightly different format sff file to 1.0 in that it can use 24bit images with an alpha channel and FF saves specifically in the format that supports that. It is possibly possible that if you open the sff by itself that saving it as 1.0 compatible (think there is an option in there somewhere) you can just convert to 1.0. But it might not work.

Exporting the whole SFF. Making sure the files are all paletted as 256 colour images and then reimporting and saving correctly will get you the result, but you may need to mess with things if there is no palette set up already.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.