YesNoOk

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution (Read 776277 times)

Started by SNT, December 12, 2015, 09:27:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Tekken 7: Fated Retribution
#741  July 21, 2017, 12:14:49 am
Since Bandai Namco owns Cyberconnect I believe?
Eeeh, I'm really not sure you can transfer a licence like that if the licence was given to CC and not Bamco who then delegated the work to CC. But it'll probably make it easier for new negotiations. It was easy for Lars to come to Naruto because Bamco are the ones who said sure you can use it since we own it, but the other way around is highly unlikely.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#742  July 21, 2017, 12:19:32 am
    • Brazil
lol now you're going too far ! That's just silly.

It might happen dude. I think it's an experiment for TXSF. Akuma translated well.
Rugal is already less likely now, because of Geese, and Evil Ryu's gameplay shares a lot of stuff with Akuma, so he would be even less desirable. If they were to add another SF char, it better be someone very different. Hell, in my opinion, it shouldn't be anyone from either Street Fighter or KoF.
#743  July 21, 2017, 12:35:31 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
A DoA or VF char would be nice, I'm thinking specifically about Bass or Jacky.
Lasagna
#744  July 21, 2017, 12:40:00 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
For a kof character, I would love to see Namco's take on Mai Shiranui... or Angel, even if this last one is not well known.
For a DOA charater, yes Bass would be great!! Tina as well...
#745  July 21, 2017, 01:25:00 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
To me, if they added a VF fighter it has to Jeffry McWild. His fighting style (Pankration) has never been in a Tekken game.. why not?
#746  July 21, 2017, 03:43:29 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
Most of the main characters from Fatal Fury were more likely to be chosen than some of the lesser ones that would have been cooler, I think.

Yeah, Geese is a powerhouse and a pain in the ass boss but I think that it would have been waayyyyyy more interesting to have someone like Duck King as a DLC character. Duck King would have been perfect for the combo junkies and his breakdance fighting style would just make his movement more interesting in T7. It would have had a more 'Eddie vibe' in a fight when you play him.

Sometimes the obvious choices can be the most boring and typical....

Revanto ;P
3d rocks!
#747  July 21, 2017, 04:30:44 am
#748  July 21, 2017, 04:56:16 am
    • Brazil
Most of the main characters from Fatal Fury were more likely to be chosen than some of the lesser ones that would have been cooler, I think.

Yeah, Geese is a powerhouse and a pain in the ass boss but I think that it would have been waayyyyyy more interesting to have someone like Duck King as a DLC character. Duck King would have been perfect for the combo junkies and his breakdance fighting style would just make his movement more interesting in T7. It would have had a more 'Eddie vibe' in a fight when you play him.

Sometimes the obvious choices can be the most boring and typical....

Revanto ;P
I don't think anyone in Tekken plays like Geese, as such he has originality, which makes him interesting. Besides, Duck King? I like him, but how popular he even is? Specially compared to Geese? Why would they put a lesser known character from a franchise that wasn't even performing that well before the last game?
#749  July 21, 2017, 06:12:25 am
    • USA
Gotta agree with Lord M here... Geese is a pretty popular character. Being the first well known villain to be labeled an 'SNK Boss' can do that for a character (alongside being in both Capcom vs. SNK games).

Not to mention Duck King's style of fighting is already done by Lucky Chloe.
#750  July 21, 2017, 04:07:16 pm
    • matthewrobs@yahoo.com
Duck King? FOH I'll take Geese any day of the week.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Bass. He's a badass fat biker wrestler guy that'll fuck you up.

Off topic, but do you guys think TxSF is coming or is that pretty much dead lol.
#751  July 21, 2017, 04:40:56 pm
They reiterated sometime around or after Gouki's first reveal that TKxSF was still on track, basically done when it comes to the cast. They're just still waiting for the right opening on the market to avoid flooding it.
It's really not looking good in the way of fighting games getting quiet again anytime soon. You're gonna wait another 5 to 8 years. Maybe when T7 is over, Harada will finally change his mind about waiting. Unless he jumps straight into another game - but maybe the reception for Gouki (and Geese) will help him decide.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 04:44:34 pm by Byakko
#752  July 21, 2017, 04:44:39 pm
  • Scion of the Flames
  • it aint over when you lose its over when you quit
    • Australia
    • DBZxprodigy1994@gmail.com
this may be random as hell but this comment made me chuckle haha

#753  July 21, 2017, 10:11:53 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#754  July 22, 2017, 03:03:32 am
#755  July 27, 2017, 01:27:26 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina

>Geese gets revealed,everyone gets hyped
>Except for Anakin
>TheHadou attempts to explain to him who Geese is
>He still doesnt get it
>Anakin tweets "n-n-nobody in top 8 knows who geese is"
uhhhhhh
#756  July 28, 2017, 04:00:42 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
Gotta agree with Lord M here... Geese is a pretty popular character. Being the first well known villain to be labeled an 'SNK Boss' can do that for a character (alongside being in both Capcom vs. SNK games).

Not to mention Duck King's style of fighting is already done by Lucky Chloe.

Yeah, but Lucky Chloe doesn't have a duck with her  ;P

And who cares about 'popular'? Popular can get boring. It's more creative to get a non-popular character and make them cool within the game by how they play. 'Popular' can just be same, same, same, etc...

Revanto ;P
3d rocks!

lui

#757  July 28, 2017, 04:38:20 am
    • USA
#758  July 28, 2017, 05:38:28 am
    • USA
Exactly. Business companies like Bandai Namco know that popular sells... Duck King? He's not going to sell.

Geese Howard? He's going to sell like freaking hotcakes, son!
#759  July 28, 2017, 06:23:16 am
    • USA
your right about that.
#760  July 28, 2017, 08:00:26 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...