YesNoOk

Pos (Triggers) (Read 20640 times)

Started by Odb718, September 11, 2015, 10:08:31 am
Share this topic:
Pos (Triggers)
#1  September 11, 2015, 10:08:31 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Gets the value of the player's position. You must specify the component that you want to check, eg. "Pos Y" to check the Y-position.

Format:
Pos [component]
Arguments:
[component] X, Y
Return type:
float
Error conditions:
none
Details:
For "Pos X", the value is relative to the center of the screen (value 0). Negative is left, positive is right.
For "Pos Y", the value is relative to the floor. Negative is higher up, positive is below the floor.

Code:
trigger1 = Pos Y >= 0
  True when the player is below the floor.

vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:55:24 pm by Just No Point
Re: Pos (Triggers)
#2  November 08, 2017, 09:35:59 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
I know this is a pretty late bump but altoiddealer brought something to my attention while we were working on something together for my game. He said that there is no mention of Pos Z being discussed in this thread. In fact he thought Pos Z was something not used by MUGEN but I explained to him that it can be used to help older pre MUGEN 1.1 characters figure out what stage they're on. I thought this could be added to this tutorial.

In the [PlayerInfo] section of a stage's def file set the p1startz and the p2startz values to something other then 0 like for example 209. Now you can use a trigger such as "trigger1= Pos Z = 209" to see if your character is on the stage you assigned that number to for the starting z positions. I'm sure you masters of MUGEN know about this but I thought it would be good to add here. Even the great altoiddealer didn't know about it.
#3  November 09, 2017, 06:12:03 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
That was the old trick to recognize the stage in DOSmugen and winmugen. It gas been superseded by the 1.0 trigger stagevar.

Pos Z is an old parameter from the DOS era and is not fully supported. It allowed for a beat'em up feeling a la final fight.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#4  November 09, 2017, 06:34:25 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
I use it quite extensively in my game and it works perfectly every time. I know it was replaced with the stagevar but all my characters were coded for Winmugen and ported over to 1.0. They are not compatible with stagevar still. So I figured maybe some others might want to know about this. I know people still like to use Winmugen a lot. I didn't know however stagevar was a 1.0 feature. I thought it was a 1.1 feature. Thanks for that info.