YesNoOk

Shared palette in FF3 (Read 2273 times)

Started by Trackiest head, October 12, 2018, 05:26:26 pm
Share this topic:
Shared palette in FF3
#1  October 12, 2018, 05:26:26 pm
  • Get yer gear up!
    • Spain
Hi guys. Right now Im not having an issue but I want to prevent a future problem with the palette. I'd like to know if it's possible to make certain sprites from a character (Explods, helpers,...) not use the character's palette. Im aware that Fighter Factory Ultimate has such option but since im using FF3 which doesn't seem to have such option and because of compatibility issues I can't use FFU.
Is it possible for sprites to have shared palette or if it isn't possible, is there an alternative for FF3?
Re: Shared palette in FF3
#2  October 13, 2018, 02:06:52 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Sprites can be imported into the SFF using only their own palettes instead of the main one, and I think there are options to change a sprite's given palette in the SFF itself.  You can even add palettes only without the associated sprite.

Note that all of this palette stuff is done most flexibly with MUGEN 1.0 SFF's (and later).  WinMUGEN SFF's can still have multiple palettes, but the sprites have to be arranged in a very specific order.
#3  October 13, 2018, 12:39:29 pm
  • Get yer gear up!
    • Spain
Okay I think it works for now, thanks for pointing that out
#4  October 13, 2018, 12:51:17 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
ownpal=1
 ;to have a helper or explod have it's own palette this is good if you want to use a remappal  on the character but don't want specific helpers/explods to be affected even if they share the same palette.

#5  October 13, 2018, 11:22:34 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
FF3 has a pretty easy way to do what you want. While looking at the sprites, move the palette slide bar to the new palette you'd like to use. Above the slide bar is a bunch of buttons. The last button is the Apply button.
If you press that you can apply the palette to the current sprite, or the group, or every sprite in the sff. You probably just want to do the group.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv