YesNoOk

MVC3 Styled Undertale Characters (Read 35361 times)

Started by Taffy, August 16, 2017, 05:02:47 pm
Share this topic:
MVC3 Styled Undertale Characters
#1  August 16, 2017, 05:02:47 pm
  • X u X
  • A virus?
    • Kenya
Hi guys! I'm taffy, and i'm making a few Undertale characters in my own spriting style with a MVC3 styled combo system.

Re: MVC3 Styled Undertale Characters
#2  August 16, 2017, 05:55:12 pm
  • Creator of questionable skill
  • Current WIP: Titanosaurus
    • sites.google.com/site/endercreepermugen/
This looks great so far, I really like the sprite style and MVC-based gameplay. Definitely can't wait to see more like this! ^^
#3  August 16, 2017, 05:56:52 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N 4 LIFE!
    • USA
    • suliofthenerdvaid@gmail.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwd0KXNN1f_sVI80PHAnWdA
YO THAT LOOKS CLEAN ASF, I wish u luck my guy XD
#4  August 17, 2017, 04:04:03 am
  • Amateur Writer
  • Basically, I do palettes.
    • USA
This looks incredible. Best Undertale characters in MUGEN these sure could be. Get these finished NOW so I can check them out. Just kidding, can't wait to see the finished products.
#5  August 17, 2017, 06:26:16 am
  • It's Showtime!
    • New Zealand
Those sprites look out of this world. The style's almost reminiscent of that of Skullgirls. Best of luck on completing your characters, Taffy!
#6  August 25, 2017, 08:17:34 am
  • X u X
  • A virus?
    • Kenya
Thank you all for the support!! Slight update real quick with a new special:

In the move, Sans rears back for a second before swiping with a hand at the opponent. It's not safe on block, but when it activates, you'll get a number of slams based on whichever button you used to activate the special. Light will give you four, Medium will give you six, and Heavy will give you eight. these can be combo'd into and out of, so it depends on where you make them end up after the special is over.

Now as for a release date...

This looks incredible. Best Undertale characters in MUGEN these sure could be. Get these finished NOW so I can check them out. Just kidding, can't wait to see the finished products.

This character is probably going to be done really soon actually! I need to add a few more sprites and some more coding, but he's mostly done! School does start in a few weeks, so updates might be spread a little thin.
Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:18:33 am by Taffy
#7  August 25, 2017, 01:08:55 pm
  • Passing Through
Looks really nice so far
#8  August 25, 2017, 08:02:43 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Is that an in-game screen recording?  Looks great!

My only suggestion would be to play around with the Screenbound controllers a bit more, to try and get rid of that weird vertical camera jump.  It looks like P1 loses Screenbound once P2 starts flying, snapping the camera back down - should probably just keep it applied until P2 hits the last wall.

My Jailbot character has a "bash-n-toss" grab where I made the camera follow the enemy exclusively, until he hits the wall.
Spoiler: Jailbot's Screenbound (click to see content)

Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:07:08 pm by altoiddealer
#9  August 27, 2017, 06:17:31 am
  • X u X
  • A virus?
    • Kenya
Is that an in-game screen recording?  Looks great!

My only suggestion would be to play around with the Screenbound controllers a bit more, to try and get rid of that weird vertical camera jump.  It looks like P1 loses Screenbound once P2 starts flying, snapping the camera back down - should probably just keep it applied until P2 hits the last wall.

holy fuckoli a vet commented on this i'm gonna
I've already fixed that issue, but thanks a lot for the help!

Also, is there any way to edit the topic for this thread?
Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 06:21:01 am by Taffy
#10  September 29, 2017, 03:03:03 pm
  • X u X
  • A virus?
    • Kenya
Alright guys, expect a Halloween release. Gonna go on the grind and add more stuffs.
#11  September 29, 2017, 03:23:57 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
holy fuckoli a vet commented on this i'm gonna
I've already fixed that issue, but thanks a lot for the help!
A noob vet :P  I've made one character and one stage heh

#12  September 30, 2017, 06:07:26 am
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
This looks pretty cool. What other Undertale characters are planned after Sans is released?
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
#13  October 15, 2017, 12:34:15 am
  • X u X
  • A virus?
    • Kenya
This looks pretty cool. What other Undertale characters are planned after Sans is released?

I'm gonna do Toriel after him, but the main characters are basically all planned out in some way or another
#14  November 27, 2017, 07:58:55 am
  • Passing Through
If I may ask how is this going now?
#15  December 15, 2017, 05:32:39 am
  • X u X
  • A virus?
    • Kenya
If I may ask how is this going now?

Hey guys! quick update:

MY computer's hard drive crashed and i'm moved to another computer for now, and i don't think it's possible to get the new version of sans back. there is however, an older version i'm gonna be building off of for now. I did record a demo vid just before the crash happened. Explanations are all in the subtitles:

EDIT: formatting on this youtube link

Thank you for checking in on this project though! It's still going to be up and running again soon enough, just a minor-ish set back is all.
Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 06:50:13 am by Taffy
#16  December 15, 2017, 05:41:50 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that sucks ass my dude... I really hope to see you bounce back cause I like your work (and I was afraid shit like this would happen). Shit always look promising and fun. Real quick tho, you gonna upload your stuff to a cloud now?
#17  December 15, 2017, 06:11:39 am
  • X u X
  • A virus?
    • Kenya
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that sucks ass my dude... I really hope to see you bounce back cause I like your work (and I was afraid shit like this would happen). Shit always look promising and fun. Real quick tho, you gonna upload your stuff to a cloud now?

yeah i am. probably google drive's one since i use that already to do updates for stuff. i do have the animation files and the character from a while ago saved but i'm likely not gonna work on him till like after the 25th at the earliest. i do wanna finish him tho, super fun to do

also ty fam means a lot x v x
#18  December 15, 2017, 04:06:01 pm
  • X u X
  • A virus?
    • Kenya
In the Meantime, if you guys have any suggestions for me to add to him when i get back on him, feel free to drop them in this thread!
#19  December 15, 2017, 05:00:28 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Pro tip: Frequently backup your work in multiple locations.  I was so paranoid about HD failure when making my character I had duplicate copies of backups in 3 locations.

#20  December 15, 2017, 05:13:05 pm
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
Oh man, that Sans looks awesome. Shame that your hard drive crashed, that could really set people back.
Spriting is harder than I thought.