YesNoOk

Theater of Mons, 2d fighting game (indie) (Read 3994 times)

Started by JABSphere94, December 05, 2019, 11:14:25 pm
Share this topic:
Theater of Mons, 2d fighting game (indie)
#1  December 05, 2019, 11:14:25 pm
    • USA
Hello

I have been working on this game for some time now and I feel like I have something worth showing so here it is.

This is Theater of Mons its a tag team fighting game with mechanics from games like Digimon and Pokemon. This is my proof of concept/minimum viable product build of the game it only has local vs and a training mode.

This game was designed to be played with 2 controllers and should support most of them, there is an option to remap buttons if you need it.

As of V0.12 there are only 2 monsters playable at the start that could later evolve into 1 of 2 forms.

When a monster is koed or a round ends the surviving monsters may level up! pressing one of the three buttons will pick a stat to upgrade.
Attack Fast: Upgrades the fang stat which increases the damage that monsters basic attacks due, special moves are not effected by this stat.
Attack Heavy: Upgrades the heart stat which increases that monsters health by a little and reduces damage taken while blocking.
Specialmove 1(or 2): Upgrades the brain stat which increases the rate the super meter fills while also reducing the cost of the Special Charge.

Controls:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Prototype demo, Windows Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bevknyogcuf8lr/Theater%20of%20Mons%20V0.12.zip?dl=0

Thank you for your time.
Re: Theater of Mons, 2d fighting game (indie)
#2  December 05, 2019, 11:25:30 pm
    • Brazil
If this is an actual screenshot of the game, then I must tell you, it is one of the worst things I've ever seen. Sure, the stage and UI can be placeholders, but the character designs are the type quality I expect from a 5yo, its really very ugly.
#3  December 06, 2019, 01:27:27 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
There's no need to be THAT mean, Macaulyn. One of my favourite games(and call me freak) it's undoubtfully Rakuga Kids and just remember which were its graphics.

JABSphere, I don't know if that's a placeholder or else. If not, there are some things to fix, unless this is the graphic style you want to have.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#4  December 06, 2019, 03:10:19 am
    • Brazil
I'm not being mean, darling, its called feedback. It looks bad, and it needs to be said, I would have been mean if I said this looked any good, because that would have been insincere and wouldn't lead him towards improvement in any way.
#5  December 06, 2019, 08:42:20 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I'm not being mean, darling, its called feedback. It looks bad, and it needs to be said, I would have been mean if I said this looked any good, because that would have been insincere and wouldn't lead him towards improvement in any way.
That isn't helpful feedback in any way. Saying something subjective like "this looks like something 5 year olds would draw" offers absolutely 0 constructive criticism to work with. I suggest you either give something meaningful or leave it alone. Tone it down either way.

I also get rakuga kids vibes from the art, but its far more rough and ill defined.  youll want to fix the right wing (bats left) either way as it looks like its clipping in on itself.