YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1338235 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#4361  September 20, 2018, 03:33:30 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Well, least we got a reason why they went to the internet.
#4362  September 25, 2018, 12:07:56 am
    • Germany
Bumblebee Trailer

It looks surprisingly good, and they also use the Classic G1 designs.
Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 12:11:00 am by Lichtbringer
#4363  September 25, 2018, 12:25:01 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
The Cybertron segments just make me lament High Moon's closure.  Even Dark Spark being bland as all hell, it left it open for a sequel bringing the Cybertron, Bayformers and G1 universes to meet, and it never happened nor is going to now.

So I gave up on the Bayformers movies ages ago.  How much of a reboot is this?  Are we literally ignoring all the previous stuff, fresh start?  Because even back in the first movie they had tie-in comics and such explaining their take on Cybertron and it was by and far not resembling G1 or what's being shown here.  Supposedly, all those visions of Cybertron are flashbacks are recordings being shown, so it wouldn't just be hey, Optimus changed his look again and it just-so happens to look like the show now, and here's Shockwave, Soundwave and Starscream back from the dead because robots are fixable.  The Bay series long since killed them off.

I'm...almost sure that's not female Frenzy and Rumble causing havoc on Earth, but I don't know who else dual transforms and is color-coded like them.  Maybe I'm just forgetting someone or they're newer creations, but showcasing Soundwave in the same trailer with a red and blue duo kinda points in that direction.

If nothing else, it looks more investing than previous live-action Transformers movies, but that's not a high bar to set.  It is good to see the Transformers actually resembling the Transformers, though.
Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 12:31:27 am by Long John Killer
#4364  September 25, 2018, 03:12:36 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
So I gave up on the Bayformers movies ages ago.  How much of a reboot is this?  Are we literally ignoring all the previous stuff, fresh start?  Because even back in the first movie they had tie-in comics and such explaining their take on Cybertron and it was by and far not resembling G1 or what's being shown here.  Supposedly, all those visions of Cybertron are flashbacks are recordings being shown, so it wouldn't just be hey, Optimus changed his look again and it just-so happens to look like the show now, and here's Shockwave, Soundwave and Starscream back from the dead because robots are fixable.  The Bay series long since killed them off.

As users of the chat may know from my fevered half-livewatch/half-existential musings, the last movie introduces a slew of retcons that might as well make the first and the fifth movie in completely different universes entirely. This seems to be running with that even further to the point where, yeah, just call this a complete reboot save that Bee's voice box is still futzed.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 03:17:02 am by Speedpreacher
#4365  September 25, 2018, 03:58:02 am
    • USA
Ah.  I...guess that's better than lacking consistency?  The fifth one was the one where they did their version of the Dinobots, right?  The last movie we got was the sixth?  Would be nice if they had a more traditional Grimlock and co. going forward.  Heck, I'll take the Cybertron games version if needed, Shockwave visiting Earth during the Age of the Dinosaurs and finding them the most highly advanced species to experiment adapting Transformers to turning into was also pretty damn cool.

Speaking of the games though, I wonder why as long as they were changing everything about the main cast why they didn't got for the more humanoid face Bumblebee typically sports in the shows and comics?  War for/Fall of Cybertron I felt got it down perfectly, it would have been great just to lift that up off and onto the movie.  But ah well, I guess he's got a superhero mask/helmet now, copying a bit from the Iron Man movies I suppose.

lui

#4366  September 25, 2018, 08:06:47 pm
    • USA
i feel that bumblebee's design in the movies is one of the few things that has been consistently decent throughout the years, i dont mind them keeping it.

Also yeah the last movie introduced Hot Rod and Bumblebee killing Nazi's, a Transforming Watch killed Hitler and apparently transformers have been fighting since the time of dragons and drunk merlin. I wouldn't worry about continuity.
#4367  October 02, 2018, 02:47:40 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
http://epicstream.com/news/TinyDiapana/Star-Wars-Ph-D-Study-Suggests-That-Most-Of-The-Last-Jedis-Trolls-Were-Bots

Now, a new study reveals that a significant portion of these trolls might actually be internet bots, automated programs that try to create a rift in the Star Wars fanbase.

I've recently joined one of these Star Wars groups in Facebook and these FA and TLJ boycotters sure bark the loudest.

It does make me question why didn't Disney pushed for Rey, Kylo, Luke or Yoda as DLC if they wanted to expand the market for MVCI.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.

lui

#4368  October 03, 2018, 07:56:34 am
    • USA
because they cant.

the only people that can do anything with the star wars video game license is EA, they have an exclusive contract for the next few years.
#4369  October 03, 2018, 01:34:05 pm
    • USA
Wait, I thought after Battlefield II's blunder they renegotiated a new contract?  I thought there was some other company given the go to work on Star Wars after EA got told off by Disney because they were suddenly being investigated for illegal practices.

If not then that sucks, I thought we actually had something to look forward to.  Though it certainly wouldn't be MvCI, regardless of how that flopped, it's missing a critical point of being neither Marvel nor Capcom.  And could you imagine the backlash if they threw in Rey before the X-Men?
#4370  October 03, 2018, 04:07:44 pm
because they cant.

the only people that can do anything with the star wars video game license is EA, they have an exclusive contract for the next few years.
Who allowed Vader and Yoda to be in Soul Calibur, and could they do the same with Capcom ? (Also what happened to LucasArt ?)
NB : I'm sure that'll never happen.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 04:12:16 pm by Byakko
#4371  October 03, 2018, 04:27:01 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Soul Calibur IV came out in 2008, years before Disney bought LucasArts.

Disney shut down LucasArts (as in the game division) shortly after they bought their parent company, IIRC. I'm pretty sure the exclusivity deal with EA came after that.

lui

#4372  October 04, 2018, 08:53:51 am
    • USA
because they cant.

Who allowed Vader and Yoda to be in Soul Calibur, and could they do the same with Capcom ? (Also what happened to LucasArt ?)

This was WAY before the EA deal happened, like, way before. The EA deal happened after Disney bought out Star Wars

The EA deal never went away despite the SWBF2 thing.
#4373  October 25, 2018, 04:42:40 am
    • USA
Was debating if this is even worth sharing as news at this point, being so little to work with, but...

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2018/10/23/courage-the-cowardly-dog-prequel-series-beyond-courage/

So John R. Dilworth, the man behind Courage the Cowardly Dog, is proposing there may be a prequel series named Beyond Courage in the works for Boomerang.  CN's had a bit of a track record now of their reboots either being good and dying in or before their prime because they don't sell or else are quite frankly really bad but sell well and live on, so I'm already a little worried about this going in either direction.  Furthermore...like, what?  Why would Courage the Cowardly Dog need a prequel?  It already has what it needs for a backstory and just resets each modern time episode back to status quo because it's a comedy.  Eustace dies probably over half the episodes.  Heck, if I recall correctly Muriel dies a bunch as well.

That said, if they go through with this, here's hoping it's nearly as good as Courage was.
#4374  October 25, 2018, 10:47:26 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
sailormoongalaxy said:
#4375  November 12, 2018, 07:22:52 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

This... actually looks good?  Like, they somehow successfully managed to create a visual style that makes Pokemon work in live action?  I'm interested?  I thought this movie was supposed to be a joke, what's going on.
#4376  November 12, 2018, 07:51:15 pm
It's Ryan Reynolds, it's a joke movie, but a lethal one done seriously.
I was conflicted about wanting to see this since they announced he would do Pikachu, but now I'm pretty sure I want to see this.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4377  November 14, 2018, 01:06:58 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
some of the mons in that movie look terrifying, though, and for all the wrong reasons
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#4378  November 17, 2018, 05:11:35 pm
I'm very relieved that Adi Shankar's "new project with a major Japanese gaming company" tease turned out to be for Devil May Cry and not Zelda as people have been speculating for the last couple weeks.
#4379  November 17, 2018, 09:06:33 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I honestly wouldn't mind some edge in my Zelda as long as Shankar gets the same animation team from Castlevania and a writer half as decent as Warren Ellis.

But yeah, DMC is a better fit for his style. We're finally going to see Dante yelling fuck you to dem- wait...
#4380  November 23, 2018, 11:32:28 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Even with Bendis DC is still doing the same tactic they used for nearly 2 decades? Just make characters the fans (old and new) love then just make them not care about them because of really bad uncaring and unsympathetic story telling.  :behead:

sailormoongalaxy said: