YesNoOk

King of Fighters XIII Screen Pack 1.0 (Read 29662 times)

Started by EnlightendShadow, March 23, 2010, 09:35:18 pm
Share this topic:
Re: King of Fighters XIII Screen Pack 1.0
#21  March 25, 2010, 07:10:10 pm
Great! this is the select screen from KOFXIII is like a mugen select isn't? or MBA.. I really like it.

#22  March 25, 2010, 07:47:47 pm
Very nice.

Are the 58+hidden character supports the final draft of the select motif?
#23  March 25, 2010, 08:22:55 pm
    • kratos-kreations.webs.com/
Well like I said before, your screenpack is still suffering from color loss. You could solve that by using the RGB method.
It's very noticeable on the XIII logo. You should separate the logo from the main images to reduce your color loss.

The screenpack looks nice, but could look better since this is "HD".
#24  March 26, 2010, 01:23:19 am
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/enlightendshadow/
Great! this is the select screen from KOFXIII is like a mugen select isn't? or MBA.. I really like it.

Awesome, I've looked up all the info i could find on KOFXIII that has been announced today.  The more I look at that select screen the more it reminds me of BlazBlue don't you think?  I think it's kind of funny that the select screen actually looks something like mine, just the set up of course.  With a large pic on top and two rows of characters.  I think I might edit my current screen pack and make it look more the official one.  What do you guys think?
#25  March 26, 2010, 03:29:56 am
    • yagamic4.50megs.com/photo2_1.html
Nah dude stick with what you got, I like it better ;)
#26  March 26, 2010, 04:49:45 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I say "Go for it!" You have my support.
#27  March 26, 2010, 10:04:51 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Stick with yours. At least it's original.
#28  March 26, 2010, 11:49:17 am
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
right now I'm just working on making the large portraits for the characters and deciding which characters are going to be in the game. 
#29  March 26, 2010, 12:00:38 pm
  • Fuck You.
I'm confused. Is it a screenpack or a fullgame?
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#30  March 26, 2010, 12:05:28 pm
    • France
Yeah, please don't release this as a "full game" compilation.
Create small portraits as you're showing on the screenshots (or tell use where to get them if you've taken them from another SP) and put them in pcx format in the release, so that people can change it themselves. Create a few big portraits too, telling use the size they should have, and giving some in the release.

This way, people have a screenpack with all the elements (and templates) to build their own mugen with your work, and don't actually have just a compilation.
#31  March 26, 2010, 12:30:42 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
No, I'm not releasing this as full game because I don't know how to change all of the characters so they could have the same systems.  I will be releasing this screen pack with the portraits I make for the kof characters I am going to use along with a read me file that will have explain the templates.  So don't worry about me releasing an entire game with characters that don't exactly work well together lol.  I'll learn how to do that eventually and then I'll try to release a full game haha
#32  March 26, 2010, 12:57:20 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Cool.  :sugoi:

GLB

#33  March 26, 2010, 01:22:17 pm
  • Yung Christ
  • G*59
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Eh, I would have preferred just a screenpack but it's your creation. Either way I think it's still a cool project.
#34  March 26, 2010, 09:43:36 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
Well like I said before, your screenpack is still suffering from color loss. You could solve that by using the RGB method.
It's very noticeable on the XIII logo. You should separate the logo from the main images to reduce your color loss.

The screenpack looks nice, but could look better since this is "HD".

could you explain the rgb method to me?

Since the actual KOF 13 has been shown I got inspired to try to make similar layout so here are some concepts of the second version of the KOF13 screenpack I will be working on.  I'm not quite done with the first one but I'm getting there but here are some pics.  Again since these are concepts I made them in photoshop and will later put them in Mugen1.0.

This is the Title screen

This is the Select screen

This is the Vs screen

This is the Win Screen

This is the Options Menu
Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 12:55:18 am by EnlightendShadow
#35  March 27, 2010, 01:55:45 am
  • Fuck You.
Two words: Hot Shit (good thing).
Just be sure to make more slots (say like twenty more) to fill in those gaps. '

No wait. Do what you do. I'm not a critic. Nice screenpack.
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#36  March 27, 2010, 10:42:37 am
    • France
could you explain the rgb method to me?
RGB Method :
It's the most common method nowadays, even though it has its flaws. It consists in separating the image into its 3 channels : red, green and blue (RGB), with a graphical software. Then, in Mugen, you can reconstitute the image by placing the images one over the other with transparency.
While this method ensure no colorloss and is very quick to use, it results in a white screen when characters use alpha ctrls (not applied here for your screenpack).

Look at this topic to make the 3 layers yourself :
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=75678.0

Otherwise, you can DL my automatic stage creation tool, use your image and launch the tool with the RGB method. You'll get the 3 layers in the output folder, or alternatively, in a SFF.
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=112687.0
#37  March 28, 2010, 07:46:19 am
This looks neat, good luck. :)
#38  March 28, 2010, 09:32:28 am
Very nice im stoked for this. ^^
#39  March 30, 2010, 04:24:41 am
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
I'm almost done with  the second screen pack, its just that I found higher resolutions of the pictures I need so I'm going to put them in, hopefully using the RGB method.  So just sit tight I'm almost done  :sugoi:
#40  March 30, 2010, 12:14:52 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
Alrighty then, I'm done! Well as done as I can be... I still need a little bit of help with a few things.  But here are some in game screen shots of my current screenpack for KOF 13.  I personally think it actually came out better than my concept work lol

This is my title screen.  The picture at the bottom is actually animated, it scrolls to the left showing many in game teams.  There are also cool whooshy lines that are animated behind the KOFXIII logo.

This is my Options screen.  Nothing really special but I like it better than the original idea.  I don't think I have anything animated here.

Here is my select screen.  It has two visible rows of characters with larger than normal small portraits that look like kof13 version and large portraits for every character.  I even threw in my EnlightendShadow sprite haha.  I had to repeat a few of the characters just to fill the screen so i could show it to you guys.

This is my VS screen.  I like it better blue than the original red concept

And finally this is my Win Screen.  I still need to figure out how to add custom quotes to every character.

Here is the first issue I cannot seem to fix.  When you enter every mode the words of the mode you are in are shown at the top but I don't know how to change them or just get rid of them.  Some help would be nice here

The next issue is the second players select box where it says single team tag.  Its at the bottom on top of all of the character portraits.  I want to move it up so that its not in the way. I want to put it where the second players portrait will show up once the choice is made.

The final issue is how the portrait shows up on the life bar, i have NO idea what is going on here....

After I have those issues resolved I will release this screenpack  :sugoi: