YesNoOk

My fight stick problem or my problem?  (Read 2121 times)

Started by oraora?, September 19, 2015, 09:25:54 am
Share this topic:
My fight stick problem or my problem?
#1  September 19, 2015, 09:25:54 am
Hi, recently, I am playing Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition on my Playstation 3 using Fight stick from Joytron, the one with King of Fighters XII's poster: http://img7.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/10636/106364879e32461b027f30afc3240d83bbd3b88d.jpg I have bought the fight stick four years ago and I have used it a few times. I did not get serious in fighting game until recently. I was using Ryu and I try to play the trial mode to learn some of his combos, like his trial 11 for instance, I am pretty sure I have inputted the commands correctly, and I am not sure why the moves couldn't connect with each other. I have checked through my fight stick, all of the buttons and directions are working. I have tried it for six hours until I got fed up with it.

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
Re: My fight stick problem or my problem?
#2  September 19, 2015, 09:32:53 am
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#3  September 29, 2015, 01:58:20 pm
Well, I tried it for weeks, I could only managed do it once, when I wanted do the combo again, it doesn't work. I am pretty sure it wasn't my problem. Ryu has got a basic four hit combo which is crouch weak kick -> crouch weak punch X 2 -> crouch Strong Kick and I could not perform the combo properly as the second crouch weak punch and crouch strong kick always missed. I am pretty sure I have input the command correctly. I am wondering, other than fight stick lag, could there be possibly other part of the system lag such as the console or the Television screen?

Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 02:07:06 pm by tehdevil
#4  September 29, 2015, 04:37:22 pm
try using a pad to see if its problem with the stick. although it's seems that you can't time your links correctly.
link combos have to be done at specific frames, it's not a dial-a-combo.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#5  September 30, 2015, 05:27:00 pm
Well, I have change my HDMI setting to 720P as at first, it was 1080P and it improves alot. I could do one of Ryu's basic combo: Solar Plexus Strike -> Crouch Strong Punch -> Strong Tatsumaki several times, sometimes I could not perform. I have tried using playstation 3's original pad to do trial 11, I could do it thrice and sometimes, I could not do it. Well, there are many types of fight sticks, maybe some of them have different input timing function?