YesNoOk

Steel Komodo's Idea Dump for Things He'll Never Do (Read 88029 times)

Started by Steel Komodo, April 25, 2014, 01:16:20 am
Steel Komodo's Idea Dump for Things He'll Never Do
#1  April 25, 2014, 01:16:20 am
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
So I was playing SeanAltly's Capcom vs. The World a few days ago, and then this thing sprouted up in my head and wouldn't go away. So I decided to post it here. I know I haven't really contributed much to MFG apart from a few baka ic arguments and thread derails, but hopefully this idea for a full-game thing might count for something. Assuming someone picks it up and decides to give it a go - full game projects are always a difficult business. If somebody does want to pick this up, I would be more than genki  to play the role of assistant director/beta tester/whatever.

Note that the only KoF game I've played to any degree is XIII, meaning I have little idea of what makes a good KoF game if at all. If someone points out to me that I'm doing it wrong, I completely understand :P Also note that a lot of this is still in the  keikaku ning stages and is subject to change at a moment's notice. Also I put most of this in spoilers because the post was getting kawaii  big.

System Mechanics
  • 4 Attack Buttons - 2 Punch and 2 Kick, like any KoF game.
  • Back Dash, Run and Tactical Hop.
  • Throws done with 2 Punches or 2 Kicks, like CvS.
  • Dodge Roll on LP + LK.
  • Blowback Counter on HP + HK.
  • Supers and EX Supers a la KoF XIII/Infinite's characters.
  • Desperation Super - akin to Rage moves from BC's SFA4 characters or SF4's Ultras. Requires low life and three charges of meter.
  • X-Skill and X-Gauge system described here.
Spoiler: Functions of the X-Gauge (click to see content)

Spoiler: KoF Roster (click to see content)

Spoiler: The World Roster (click to see content)

Spoiler: General Notes and Rambling (click to see content)

So there you go. Just dumping this here so it leaves me alone, but feel free to comment/critique as you wish.
Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 07:23:27 pm by Steel Komodo
Re: SNK vs. The World - A Fullgame Idea
#2  April 25, 2014, 01:24:56 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
u should rename it.
kof vs the world
u have no snk chars in there
besides kof chars and the alien dude
from metal slug
#3  April 25, 2014, 01:28:47 am
    • UK
u should rename it.
kof vs the world
from metal slug

Capcom and SNK got away with calling their games Capcom vs SNK and SNK vs Capcom, didn't they? And they barely had any other characters besides KoF and Street Fighter! >:[ Besides, KoF is basically two separate franchies mashed together, so I figured it counts.

Eh, if enough people complain about it I'll change the name, but right now I don't see much reason to. Anyone else feel as strongly about this?
#4  April 25, 2014, 01:31:52 am
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
I am, Memo is right. Some guys from Last Blade, SamSho, World Heroes, and AoDK should be in the roster. At least if you wanna make a game of SNK vs the World instead of a crossover of KoF with other universes.

Just look at Sean fullgame, his game includes characters from different series of Capcom.

DW

#5  April 25, 2014, 01:36:07 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
u should rename it.
kof vs the world
from metal slug

Spoiler: SNK Roster (click to see content)

Yuri, Ryo, King = Art of Fighting
Mai, Joe, Terry = Fatal Fury
Clark Steel = Ikari Warriors
Mars People = Metal Slug
The remaining chars = KoF

Just because all of these chars make appearances in KoF games, doesn't mean that's all of their original game series. SNK vs The World is fine. However, this in itself seems sorta redundant. Since the World side from Sean's game actually features SNK chars. Along with it being the World, it could have anyone there. Though, you trying to make your own spin on it is cool.
Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 01:41:10 am by DW
Re: KoF vs. The World - A Fullgame Idea
#6  April 25, 2014, 01:39:03 am
    • UK
Alright, give me a moment to look at the roster and I'll see what I can do.

Just because all of these chars make appearances in KoF games, doesn't mean that's all of there original game series. SNK vs The World is fine. However, this in itself seems sorta redundant. Since the World side from Sean's game actually features SNK chars. Along with it being the World, it could have anyone there. Though, you trying to make your own spin on it is cool.

Thanks for pointing that out man - you worded it better than I did. Also the World side pretty much means "everyone else", so I figured Sean including SNK characters in his game didn't really detract from that. Hell, I could put more Capcom characters in here, if I wanted, and it would still mean the same thing :P

#7  April 25, 2014, 01:43:14 am
    • Argentina
Even if they're aren't originally from KoF, the roster still looks quite inclined to KoF. Most of these characters make constant aparicienes in the timeline of King of Fighters. I think that's what Memo want to express.

I still think that characters Last Blade, SamSho, World Heroes, and AoDK should be in a "game" like this.

DW

#8  April 25, 2014, 01:48:42 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Even if they do make recurring appearances in KoF games, it still doesn't warrant the title to be changed to KoF vs the World. It'd only look that way to those who didn't know what games most of those chars originate from. There's only 4 KoF original chars for that starting roster. Even w/o SS, WH, etc. chars.
#9  April 25, 2014, 01:50:56 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
 u need to add more variety in there.
last blade is a must, samsho too
if its snk vs the world.
eliminate half the snk roster
and add some chars who never appeared
in kof theres plenty of them.

DW

#10  April 25, 2014, 01:53:15 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
#11  April 25, 2014, 01:54:51 am
    • UK
Jeez, if I'd have known people were such sticklers for detail I wouldn;t have even posted this!

Right, I added Haohmaru, Hanzo Hattori and Athena to the SNK side and Tekkaman, Ryu Hayabusa and Petra Lagerkvist to the World side. I also replaced Leonardo with as-of-yet undecided Power Rangers/Super Sentai character and Heart Aino with Ragna from Blazblue. Everyone happy now? :U

I actually just got inspired for a moveset for Iron Man. I'll probably post it tomorrow, but until then keep discussing! Preferably the mechanics as well as the title :P
#12  April 25, 2014, 01:56:09 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#13  April 25, 2014, 01:59:47 am
    • Argentina
@DW: In that sense you're totally right. Game's title shouldn't change to KoF v/s the World.

@Steel Komodo: I see you've altered a bit by adding to the roster Haohmaru and Athena :) Something quite original for the game would be add characters that doesn't make appearances on other crossovers games. This is difficult mainly because the sprites, but that's a problem of The World side too, so I guess that you have some kind of solution for that.

Maybe Setsuna from LB? From my point of view, he is very popular and well received by the fans.

EDIT: F*cking tags :C
#14  April 25, 2014, 02:00:26 am
i'll tell you right now that if you want to lighten the sprite workload you should use cvs sprites because they would blend in better with your "the world" cast
#15  April 25, 2014, 02:05:44 am
    • UK
@Steel Komodo: I see you've altered a bit by adding to the roster Haohmaru and Athena :) Something quite original for the game would be add characters that doesn't make appearances on other crossovers games. This is difficult mainly because the sprites, but that's a problem of The World side too, so I guess that you have some kind of solution for that.

Maybe Setsuna from LB? From my point of view, he is very popular and well received by the fans.

I just looked him up, and whilst he may involve a lot of custom spritework, I would definitely consider him. The trouble would be finding a good rival for him on the World side. Any ideas?

i'll tell you right now that if you want to lighten the sprite workload you should use cvs sprites because they would blend in better with your "the world" cast

I'm afraid that's where I would have to disagree with you. Whilst many people here see no problem with mixing CvS sprites with Alpha/MvC sprites, I personally don't like it. I would rather spend ages getting the characters down to a consistent sprite style then cheat my way out with clashing styles. I will consider this, but being the perfectionist I am I wouldn't be very happy with it.

Also, you seem to have forgotten I'm just spitting in the wind at the moment - no real plans to do anything with this yet, so there is no real workload to speak of. If enough people show some interest, though, I'll ask around for a team to help out.
#16  April 25, 2014, 02:12:44 am
    • Argentina
I just looked him up, and whilst he may involve a lot of custom spritework, I would definitely consider him. The trouble would be finding a good rival for him on the World side. Any ideas?

Uhmm... Ky Kiske from GG is a lightning swordmaster :P Maybe him could work.

I always wanted to see Brocken v/s Dictator, but It's a bit common to include the Dictator, right?
#17  April 25, 2014, 02:21:42 am
    • UK

Uhmm... Ky Kiske from GG is a lightning swordmaster :P Maybe him could work.

I always wanted to see Brocken v/s Dictator, but It's a bit common to include the Dictator, right?

Ky could work. And yeah, I wanna be careful with how much of a series I put in - Dictator's kind of popular with these sorts of crossovers, and too much SF could lead to a bit of an imbalance.

Also shit, I just realised I could have had a Skullgirls character on the roster, and I know just who. Gimme a sec.

EDIT: So I accidentally put Ragna as Yuri's rival. That was dumb, so I made it Squigly instead. We need a character with a stance-based moveset, anyway :P. Also I included Setsuna and Ky, as suggested by Chazzanova.

So I'm thinking that, as this roster is growing quite a bit, I'd have to plan out the hypothetical releases of this project in steps. I'd probably initially release it with the smaller roster I had originally planned, then add others via DLC or whatever. Similar plan to what SeanAltly had with CvtW, I think.
Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 02:28:26 am by Steel Komodo
#18  April 25, 2014, 02:25:08 am
I don't know if this game will ever 'be made', but your top priority should be John Cena because he is the champ and he is here.
#19  April 25, 2014, 03:47:28 am
    • UK
I don't know if this game will ever 'be made', but your top priority should be John Cena because he is the champ and he is here.

Pffffft, good point. Of all the characters on the World roster, he's the one who needs the most work done, since nobody's actually made him for MUGEN yet. I do know he'll be getting the Attitude Adjustment for his DM, and the Five-Knuckle Shuffle for a Super, but other than that I can't think of much else to do with him, apart from maybe the Protobomb as a command throw.

Maybe less is more when it comes to some characters. Or maybe I need to watch more John Cena vids to get inspiration.
#20  April 25, 2014, 04:02:00 am
    • USA
Out of curiosity, will you do individual releases like Sean Altly did with his characters? I'm a huge Cena fan and would love to play as him outside of the full game. 
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#21  April 25, 2014, 10:57:34 am
  • Taste my Shiny Dragon Raging Fire!
Spoiler: SNK Roster (click to see content)

Let me give some advise to you about th- wait a minute... *turns to crowd*

SILENCE! I've only returned for just one moment! For just one, before i disappear for a time unknown!

*turns back* ...so where was I? Oh, yes, let me give some advice to you about the SNK roster:

• Why we need Benimaru? Screw with him. The same i can say to King.
  • Add Rock Howard from Fatal Fury instead.
  • Soiree Meira from Maximum Impact series will fit too. Maybe his brother, Alba Meira, also.
  • And the last, but not least. Marco!(Metal Slug)
  • Oh, and the thing about The World wacky subby. Why not Cycloid from SFEX? Or... or... Ummmm- Or Cyborg, aka Shotoborg?

That's it. I'm done here.[/list]
Fun fact: I can't remain silent about problems of M.U.G.E.N, or the entire Gameworld, but i can't say about them without it turning into shitpost.

Akuma: Akuma Yuiko! *grabs Andy with SGS* Isshun Sengeki! *starts relentlessy beating Andy*
Andy: Ahhahhahhahahha!!!
#22  April 25, 2014, 11:02:42 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
    Squigly (Skullgirls)
    Yes!
    Petra Lagerkvist (Arcana Heart)
    Double Yes!
    If it only had contained a Touhou character or a Type-Moon character in the World Roster, then it would have been a Triple Yes...
    • Soiree Meira from Maximum Impact series will fit too. Maybe his brother, Alba Meira, also.
    • And the last, but not least. Marco!(Metal Slug)
    • Oh, and the thing about The World wacky subby. Why not Cycloid from SFEX? Or... or... Ummmm- Or Cyborg, aka Shotoborg?

That's it. I'm done here.[/list]
    -No. The Meira brothers do not belong to SNK. Plus, everybody hates falcoon.
    -Agreed
    -I think Shotoborg might fit, but the better choice would be obviously Fat MegaMan from Street Fighter x Tekken. :mmhmm:
    ===My discord servers===
    Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
    Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
    http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
    you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
    #23  April 25, 2014, 11:33:13 am
      • Argentina
    Alba Meira actually could work. He has sprites (you would need Misamu's permission), and he belongs to SNK. Sean includes a character from SFEX so, why not?

The main problem is the roster, is getting too big! And before moving to big leagues would be preferable to set a less imaginary target. You should consider the "must have" characters, then pick some other guys, and after that, think on the other characters (pretty much like DLC characters from CvTW).

Also, as I understand Ryu is the rival of Kyo, right? I think this rivalry fits well in CvS, but in a game of "the World", from my point of view, the most appropriate character to rival Ryu, is Ryo from AoF.
    #24  April 25, 2014, 11:49:27 am
    • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
    It's..sure a BIG roster. My suggestion, center your efforst first in single characters and then, think in something bigger.
    I swear there was something cool here!!
    #25  April 25, 2014, 01:19:23 pm
      • UK
    @DAN_HIBIKI: But... but I like Benimaru D:. Also, I don't really know who most of those characters are, so I can't do anything there.

@Trinitronity: Pfffft, either one of those could work. If someone had managed to rip Bad Box Art Mega Man's Japanese voices, I would totally do it.

@Chazzanova and FeLo_Llop: Yeah, the roster really is getting a bit too big, isn't it? I only really expanded it because people were complaining there wasn't a big enough representation of SNK characters, when really I envisioned the roster as it was to avoid having a big roster in the first place, and therefore a bigger workload. Like you guys suggested, I would probably release some standalone characters first to test the system, then work on the full-game release with the roster I cooked up first and add everyone else as DLC.

In all honesty, I'm beginning to wonder if this was such a good idea. I had another project idea I could have posted, called "Street Fighter vs. Capcom", that probably would have been easier to accomplish how I saw it, but I posted this instead because I felt it was the more interesting one. Guess my lack of knowledge on SNK is biting me in the arse here :(.
    #26  April 25, 2014, 01:31:12 pm
    • Back to the Beginnings
    Alba Meira actually could work. He has sprites (you would need Misamu's permission), and he belongs to SNK.
    What?
    Alba is a falcoon character and NOT an SNK character. Just like anyone else, who debuted in Maximum Impact and is not a relative of an SNK character (which is the reason, why Xiao Lon is NOT a falcoon character).
    However, you actually got a point with Skullomania being in Capcom vs The World.
    At the end, it's up to the author, whenever he wants to include him or not.
    Guess my lack of knowledge on SNK is biting me in the arse here :(
    One advise: Before you do a game, inform yourself about it as much as possible. That always helps and should not be TOO hard in most cases.
    That's also what I do with my projects: Collecting as many informations as possible.
    ===My discord servers===

#27  April 25, 2014, 05:18:52 pm
    • [E]
      • Mexico
    this si idea engineering so it'sok to starta project then change your mind midway.
    Steel Komodo's Idea Dump
    #28  April 25, 2014, 08:02:27 pm
      • UK
    Alright, I finally pinned down the movelist for Iron Man. Do take a look at it and tell me if it's any good.

Spoiler: SNK vs. The World - Iron Man (click to see content)

Also here's a basic outline of Street Fighter vs. Capcom, since I mentioned it earlier.

Spoiler: Street Fighter vs. Capcom - Civil War of Heroes (click to see content)

You may also have noticed I updated the first post with a new-detail - Pre-Fight Dialogue. I noticed most SNK fighting games had this, especially SvC Chaos, so I thought it would be a nice think to include. It'd only appear in Arcade Mode, mind.
    Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:07:01 pm by Steel Komodo
    Re: Steel Komodo's Idea Dump
    #29  April 26, 2014, 03:20:23 am
      • Argentina
    What?
    Alba is a falcoon character and NOT an SNK character. Just like anyone else, who debuted in Maximum Impact and is not a relative of an SNK character (which is the reason, why Xiao Lon is NOT a falcoon character).
    ... You know that Falcoon was an SNK's employee, right? Not like a videogame or a company. Alba Meira is an SNK character. Doesn't matter if the employee was fired or not, the character is still from a title of SNK :S

Komodo, how well are you for coding?
    #30  April 26, 2014, 06:40:16 pm
      • UK
    Komodo, how well are you for coding?

Um, do you mean have I actually started coding him, or am I any good at coding? If the former, no :P. If the latter, it's been a while since I tried anything, so my skills maybe a little rusty. Last time I checked, I can definitely code basics and projectiles, and was wrangling with some code for a Shoryuken way back in an unreleased character. Some things are currently beyond my ability, like some sorts of supers, but I guess I'll learn sooner or later.
    #31  April 26, 2014, 06:49:31 pm
      • www.justnopoint.com/
    A full game project that is slowly becoming a reality had a start similar to this.  http://mugenguild.com/forum/mfg-presents-street-fighter.402
    If you want to try to learn more or know others that would like to you can take a look at the training camps. It's an idea to try and make a community driven full game and teach users how they can contribute to it as well.

If you want to have people help you you'll have to be able to contribute in some kind of decent way. And as the show runner you'll be expected to do the most work to keep things moving.
    #32  September 02, 2014, 10:05:05 pm
      • UK
    I apologize for the long silence in this topic - I lost interest in it for a bit, then I had to move house and had no internet for like a week. But now that I'm back, I think I am ready to present a fullgame idea that, as JNP stated, I could readily contribute to if I wanted. Inspired by a comment from three years ago, waaaay back in the MKvsSF general topic:
    I'm glad he did change his mind because those lifebars on the video look like a clusterfuck of epic proportions...not to mention they are fucking ugly. ;P They actually look like someone pasted the original old lores winmugen default lifebars over mugen luffy's MKvsSF ones. They destroy the overall look of the game. If you like them, then I'm sorry but you must have very poor taste in design if you do.

ƒıЯ£-ŁØřĐ, I want to congratulate you on the recent status of the beta. Your newer lifebars impressed me the most. They look awesome and just breathe new life into the MKvsSF universe.

Don't make the Daigo vs Justin spoof video ones, seriously...they look like an Alien flying saucer from Las Vegas with beeps and lights is hovering over the fight. Might as well call the game "MKvsSF: High Stakes Casino Edition" if you are going to use those.
    Ladies and gentlemen... without a shred of decency or irony... I give you:

Spoiler: Mortal Kombat X Street Fighter: High-Stakes Casino Edition (click to see content)

Comments and critique would be appreciated, as usual.
    Re: Steel Komodo's Idea Dump ft. King of Fighters X The World
    #33  December 09, 2015, 10:59:11 pm
      • UK
    Me again. Sorry to bump this old, old topic like this, but I wanted to write a few things down in case I forget them, and also to announce something small.

Firstly, I've decided that, since I am currently unemployed and therefore have lots of free time, I want to actually try and make one or two characters in the SNK vs. The World style. Since my coding experience is limited, it'll be a learning experience for me as I go - I intend to start of with everyone's favourite overdone shoto, Ryu, to get a feel of what I want. I'll mostly be looking at SeanAltly's CvtW Ryu for inspiration, although with a lot of changes to incorporate the traditional KoF mechanics. If Ryu is well-recieved, then I might make more complex characters in the same style, and then incorporate them into the full game.

Secondly, here's a few changes and thoughts I've had since I first created this topic:
    • The game's name will be changed to King of Fighters X The World. This is due to a lack of sprite/voice availability for some of the SNK cast, and also to reduce the initial roster size a bit. I will edit the first topic to reflect this shortly.
    • Talking Characters for a moment: Kazuya Mishima will be replaced with Jin Kazama due to sprite availability. Jin will use CVSNB's sprites, and will use CVS-Artist's DivineWolf-style Jin as a reference. He will also use voices from SFxTK.

Magneto will also get replaced by M. Bison from Street Fighter. I just couldn't think of how to tone down Magneto's move list for the KoF-style environment, so Bison will have to take his place.

I am in two minds about replacing Fulgore with Orchid for Mai's rival, and adding Jacky Bryant for Terry's rival instead. This would mean I would either need to add another KoF character to face Tifa, replace her with Cloud to face somebody else or just ditch the Final Fantasy rep altgether. Thoughts?

Meanwhile, thinking of adding a League of Legends character for laughs. My choices are either Kindred for some unique gameplay vareity, or Poppy since she is most relevant after her recent rework. HAMMER TIME etc.
    • EX Characters will appear, but will not be visible on the roster. So far, I have decided on Mr. Karate (Ryo), Noob Saibot, Dark Ash and Final Bison. I'm also considering versions of characters using concepts/powers from other series, in the same vein as Violent Ken. Dark Bison/Psycho Ash, anyone? :U
    • Don't know what to do for a final boss. Maybe I'll handle it the same way SFxTK did - Final Bison for SNK characters, Dark Ash for The World characters?
    • EX Moves will not be in the game. They may return as a MAX Mode feature, but who knows.
    • Characters will have Hidden Super Desperation Moves, which use 3 charges of the super meter and require the fighter to have low health. They will replace the standard Level 3 Super.
    • A sixth button would be used for Taunts, whilst Start will bring up the character's move list. Taunting gives meter to the opponent, so be careful about spamming it!
    • No Simul mode. Because that thing is broken to all hell. A tag mode may be considered, but it's not likely.
    Finally, I've managed to brainstorm something to replace the Universal Defensive Manouvres, since rolling is a universal KoF mechanic anyway. I dub this the "X-Gauge" (pronounced Cross Gauge), and it's essentially a hybrid of Street Fighter V's V-Gauge and KoF XIII's Drive Gauge, with it's funtions tied to a fourth button. How it works is detailed in the spoiler below, along with examples of each function.

Spoiler: Functions of the X-Gauge (click to see content)

And I'm done. Thoughts? Opinions? Keep an eye on the first post, I will definitely edit the roster to reflect these announcements.

QUICK UPDATE: Updated the first post, also made some more drastic roster changes. I'll explain my choices a bit more, if asked :U
    Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 04:45:22 pm by Steel Komodo
    #34  January 01, 2016, 05:04:08 pm
      • UK
    Pre-emptive apologies for double-posting . :P

UPDATE: KoFxW Ryu is now in Punching Bag Status. Here's what he has so far.
    • All the basic gethits.
    • All basic movements including running, jumping and backdashing.
    • Taunt.
    • Focus attack based on Rolento's code. Not yet complete - I'll need to add the crumple state for afterwards.
    He's currently using PotS' SFF, which I believe was also used in SeanAltly's Ryu, but most of his hitboxes are based on Lost_Avenger's. If either of them have any issues with me borrowing stuff, I'll try and re-do things from scratch.  Right now, I'll need to work on the following:
    • Basic attacks.
    • Finish the Focus Attack coding, as well as figuring out how to make cancelling into it from other attacks work.
    • Tweak velocities for jumps and runs, and code in the short hop and super jump.
    • Add sounds - thinking of using SFxTK voice and hitsounds, maybe?

Once that's done, I'll make a post in Projects to formally announce his existance. Also, check the first page for an update to the Roster, as well the in-depth explanation of the X-Gauge I previously posted.
    #35  January 01, 2016, 06:06:29 pm
    • Back to the Beginnings
    I gotta have to say: I'm very disappointed that you removed Arcana Heart's Petra from your SNK vs The World roster. How come?
    ===My discord servers===

#36  January 01, 2016, 06:26:23 pm
      • UK
    I gotta have to say: I'm very disappointed that you removed Arcana Heart's Petra from your SNK vs The World roster. How come?

Mostly because I wanted to cut down on the amount of characters requiring new sprites, to make this project easier on myself. Please try to remember that the roster is still tentative and subject to change, and she may return at some point - either as part of the first roster or as DLC in the future.

Also, whoops, forgot to add CLSN's to the blocking animations! Aren't I silly? :P
    #37  January 06, 2016, 08:30:39 pm
      • UK
    Double post again to announce that KOFxTW Ryu is now a W.I.P! Check out progress in the thread here.

Also, the first post has been updated once more - the roster is now pretty much set, and the mechanics have been changed. I realized that making the Blowback Counter, something majorly integral to KoF as a whole, reliant on a meter was the dumbest thing. The gameplay is now much more skewed towards a SNK/CvS style, so hopefully that'll make it more true to the inspirations.
    #38  January 07, 2016, 09:01:15 am
    • Back to the Beginnings

Mostly because I wanted to cut down on the amount of characters requiring new sprites, to make this project easier on myself. Please try to remember that the roster is still tentative and subject to change, and she may return at some point - either as part of the first roster or as DLC in the future.

Also, whoops, forgot to add CLSN's to the blocking animations! Aren't I silly? :P
    If you're looking for characters that do not need new sprites, I could suggest Reimu from Touhou Project to you.
    Someone already MUGENized a KOF version of Reimu already, complete with KOF-styled recreations of her Touhou Hisouten animations.
    I could send that character to you (the character is called Wakimiko, but is otherwise KOF-styled Reimu).
    ===My discord servers===

#39  January 08, 2016, 12:35:22 pm
      • UK
    If you're looking for characters that do not need new sprites, I could suggest Reimu from Touhou Project to you.
    Someone already MUGENized a KOF version of Reimu already, complete with KOF-styled recreations of her Touhou Hisouten animations.
    I could send that character to you (the character is called Wakimiko, but is otherwise KOF-styled Reimu).

Yes, please, that would be pretty useful! I don't know much about Touhou, but I suppose if I like the character's playstyle and think she brings something new to the game, I'd gladly edit her for the game.
    Re: Steel Komodo's Idea Dump ft. Street Fighter vs. Capcom
    #40  February 21, 2016, 09:41:11 pm
      • UK
    Okay, so it just occured to me that King of Fighters X The World might be a bit out of my scope - the amount of new characters that require spriting, not to mention my lack of knowledge on KoF-style gameplay overall, is somewhat holding me back on that project. Therefore, I've decided to shift focus onto a project that I think might be more in my scope and somewhat easier to do, but with some of the ideas I still liked about KoFXW.

So here's an updated plan of Street Fighter vs. Capcom: Civil War of Heroes. I've had some time to ruminate on the concept since playing some BlazBlue and Street Fighter V, and I've decided to try and make a lot of changes to it based on what I've played. Basically, this comes from my newly-acquired dislike of Links as a method of combos, and a bigger preference to the Versus/Darkstalkers-styled Chain combos that are easier for a complete scrublord like me to perform :P.

Spoiler: Street Fighter vs. Capcom - Civil War of Heroes (click to see content)

Also, just to prove that I am actually doing something towards this one, here's a prototype of what I want the lifebars to look like, based on the screen resolution of Street Fighter Alpha 3.

For those who don't know, they're based on the ones found here - an edit of an edit, if you will. I'm still not entirely sold on the look, nor do I have any idea on what to do for the power bar or time/power fonts, so I'll take any feedback I can get. I also remenber City_Hunter saying his works were open source, but if he has a problem with me using these I'll try and make my own from scratch or something.

Any thoughts? Comments? Feedback? Also, does anyone know where I might find a colour-separated CPS2 Ryu spriteset so I can start work on that?
    Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:50:15 pm by Steel Komodo
    #41  February 21, 2016, 09:44:29 pm
    • The Sweeper
    • Surpass my Aniki
      • Algeria
    Looking good
    and no problem with using my work
    I think ShinZankuro ryu was separated but im not sure
    -STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
    -DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
    #42  March 09, 2016, 07:00:08 pm
      • UK
    Okay, so I'm actually trying to make lifebars... and it's harder than it looks.

I edited the lifebars slighty, to suit the 1280x720 default of M.U.G.E.N1.0, and I was following Ryon's tutorial to try and actually make the lifebars. But when I got to the stage where I could actoally see the bars, this happened:

I'm not entirely sure what causes this. Are the lifebars too lo-res? Is it something to do with my native M.U.G.E.N settings? If anyone can provide a solution, that would be awesome.

Also, I've been mulling over a few details concerning SFvC, and want to submit those thoughts to see what people think:
    • Zaitsu Hatter is colour-separating some SFA/MvC Ryu sprites at the moment. I'm wondering if it would be prudent to wait until he's done or not. Otherwise, I'm considering using either ShinZakuro or one of N-Mario's Ryus for the first character.
    • I'm probably doing to drop the guard bar in favour of the V-Bar as done in SF5. There will be limited air blocking, though.
    • Initial stand-alone characters are something I'm mulling over. I'm considering Ryu, Adon, Haggar and possibly a Mega Man character. On the subject, if I include Mega Man in this game, I'll want to do something interesting with him rather than just a straight-up recreation with more special weapons.
    • I may have an idea of how collisions, or the Rebound System, will work - two characters running into each other bounce off, one character can spend V-Bar to knock the other one down, a guarding character can knock their opponent off balance and put them at a frame disadvantage. Somebody out there might be able to work out something better than me, though, so fire away.
    • Am reconsidering OTG's/Wall Bounces. IF they make it in, they'll be very limited and more like SFxTK than Marvel - you can't combo another launcher from an OTG, for example. Thoughts?
    #43  March 17, 2016, 01:16:50 pm
      • UK
    So I suddenly decided that I didn't like the lifebars that I was working on. I dunno, they just didn't feel... Capcom-ish enough, if that makes sense. So I took another of City_Hunter's concepts and made this instead.

I'm making slow but steady progress on this one, so expect a video of the WIP to come up at some point. I'm not entirely sure what to do with fonts, as I've no experience in making those, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, I suppose.

I'm not very fond of the powerbars, though. Any suggestions? Or do you think they look okay despite my protests? :P
    Steel Komodo's Idea Dump: The Revenge
    #44  March 22, 2017, 09:54:31 pm
      • UK
    Well, I'm back. I wasn't going to post here until I had something concrete to show, but I've found that I've hit something of a conundrum.

What happened is that I was working on a Ryu for Street Fighter vs. Capcom, and then out of sheer boredom I went ahead and cobbled together a new style of gameplay that was inspired by playing Pocket Rumble, as well as memo's original plan for Capcom vs. The World 2 and Red Lunchbox's Cyberking. Basically, it's a very simplified, Smash Bros-esque, three-button system that makes executing moves easier to do, whilst still feeling like a traditional 1-on-1 fighter system. I'm tentatively calling it "Capcom vs. The World Alpha", and it runs like this:

Spoiler: Capcom vs. The World Alpha (click to see content)

Now, the thing is, I really enjoyed making this new style of gameplay, because it lets me make characters quicker and I'm not struggling to make three variations of the same move. But I worry about translating characters like Jin Kazama to it, since I'd have to drop a lot of stuff from them to make them fit into the gameplay style without cluttering things up. So should I use this style for my own project, or stick with the gameplay style I described here?

UPDATE: Poll Added. Vote away.
    Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 10:07:23 pm by Steel Komodo
    #45  March 22, 2017, 10:09:56 pm
    • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
      • Turkey
      • metekervan26@gmail.com
    I didn't liked the new style,old one just feels better and it doesn't stops characters from using most of sprites as much as possible so voted for MVC/Tatsunuko
    #46  March 22, 2017, 10:15:11 pm
      • Puerto Rico
      • im41784@yahoo.com
    I can send you a edit I have of Joe, Ryu, Ken and shimo from yatagarasu with the 2 to 3 button system,
    They are my betas until I went to 6 buttons if you want them let me know
    #47  March 22, 2017, 10:22:19 pm
      • UK
    I can send you a edit I have of Joe, Ryu, Ken and shimo from yatagarasu with the 2 to 3 button system,
    They are my betas until I went to 6 buttons if you want them let me know

Sure, PM me that stuff. I'll want to have a look at them and see how viable the 2/3-buton system can be with different characters.
    Re: Steel Komodo's Idea Dump: Capcom vs the World Alpha
    #48  March 24, 2017, 02:44:39 pm
      • UK
    I just looked at the poll, and I saw the SFxC gameplay was the most popular. Unfortunately, I've put the most work into the CvWA style, and it's honestly one I enjoy doing more, since I don't have to make three variations of the same move over and over and that saves a lot of work. I also don't see much of a reason why a two/three-button system like this shouldn't work or be fun to play, although I can understand why people might not enjoy it as much. Therefore, I'm going to continue working with the CvWA system. I know that's going to dissapoint those who voted for the SFxC system, but think of this as a dry run for gameplay ideas that may get upgraded to a more complex system in the future.

Anyway, I've been plugging away at Ryu in this style, and here's a few things I've decided on:
    • I'm switching how Throws and UT's work - UT's will be on , whilst throws will be on . I honestly think that the UT's will be used more often, so it doesn't make sense to make the command more complicated than throws.
    • Zero Counters have been moved to whilst blocking. You can Zero Counter whilst in the air or crouching.
    • Boost Moves will be dropped, because I just remembered that the Injustice way of doing EX Moves was bad. Will probably drop Rage Mode and just have Ultra Combos, or maybe separating them into separate modes.
    • Ryu's UT will be a variation of his Parry that will confer an additional benefit to his next special move. I just need to learn how to make variables and helpers work for me and I'll be fine on that front :P
    • The first release of Ryu might not have his Rage Mode/Ultra Combo. Again, I need to figure out variables and other things.

Also, have a tentative roster of characters, for if I ever decide to go ahead and make this a full game:

Spoiler: Roster??? (click to see content)

Stay tuned for more, when/if I get those things working!
    Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 02:26:37 pm by Steel Komodo
    #49  March 31, 2017, 10:30:47 pm
      • UK
    Okay, so I was considering posting this tomorrow, but then people would take it for an April Fool's joke. So I'm putting it up now.

Whilst I was making CvWA Ryu, it occured to me that I didn't really want to step on memo's toes, since he's working on Capcom vs. the World 2, which has been approved by Sean, whilst mine hasn't. And whilst mine uses a different gameplay style that got scrapped, the fact that I'm basically copying his idea might be a little sketchy to some. So I came up with an alternate idea: Keep the same gameplay, but use only Capcom characters and MvC/SFA sprites, and retitle the project to Capcom All-Stars Rumble or something cheesy like that. It's a project that's also a little more feasable, since none of the characters I intend to use require original sprites or anything.

Also, have another tentative roster:

Of course, I'm still in two minds about the whole thing, so I'm gonna put up a poll to see what others think. Keep in mind that, if I decide to go the CASR route, then it will mean the current Ryu will not receive further updates once I release him proper. I will have to invest the time to creating a new version that uses SFA/MvC sprites, because I am a major stickler for keeping a consistent style and can't stand mixing CvS and MvC sprites.

@memo, if you see this, don't worry too much. Just send me those characters after you're done anyway, I might still be able to make use of them somehow :)

So what do you think, guys? Should I keep going with Capcom vs. The World Alpha, or start with this new project?
    Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 10:34:24 pm by Steel Komodo
    #50  March 31, 2017, 11:06:42 pm
    • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
    • ey b0ss
      • nass.yh95@gmail.com
    I like the sound of the All-Stars Rumble concept.

If I ever finish those Asura sprites, I'll let you know.
    This is a generic forum signature.
    Re: Steel Komodo's Idea Dump: Capcom All-Stars Rumble
    #51  April 04, 2017, 01:25:16 pm
      • UK
    Posting to say that after the release of Ryu, I am now working on a Mega Man done in the CASR system. I won't post anything in the WIP topic until I have something concrete - which may take a while, since I need to get him to punching bag status first. But whilst I'm making him, I'd like to throw a few things in here for your consideration.

First, some tweaks to general gameplay:
    Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Now, for Mega Man specifically:
    Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Again, I won't update the WIP topic unless I have something to show. And considering I have to strip a lot out of Ryu, whom I'm using as a base, that might take a while.

UPDATE: Working on Mega Man's basics right now. Will have a preview video up soon.
    Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 08:17:11 pm by Steel Komodo
    #52  April 05, 2017, 11:01:48 pm
      • UK
    Apologies for the double-post, but I think I have Mega Man's special moves worked out now. The idea is to make him a very zoning/trap-based character who controls the screen, making it easier for him to approach the enemy. I dunno how successfuly this movelist will work for that, but here goes nothing:
    • Metal Blade: (AIR OK)
      Mega Man throws a Metal Blade. This projectile can be aimed in any direction in front of Mega Man, allowing him to catch opponents in mid-air, and hits multiple times as well as OTG.
    • Crash Bomber: (AIR OK)
      Mega Man fires a Crash Bomber, which can stick onto the floor or an enemy fighter. Mega Man can then detonate the bomb with the same command. Hits OTG and knocks the opponent straight up. Functions similar to Cinder's Plasma Grenades.
    • Ice Slasher: (AIR OK)
      Mega Man fires an Ice Slasher, a slow-moving projectile that freezes enemies that it touches.
    • Jewel Sattelite:
      Mega Man conjures a Jewel Satellite around himself. Jewel Satellite can absorb one hit of an attack before disappearing, and completely eats projectiles. Like Leaf Shield, it can be fired forward (AIR OK), but travels much slower and doesn't do as much damage.
    As for his Super Combo, I'm thinking either Black Hole Bomb or Thunder Bolt. If you have any better ideas, feel free to throw them at me.

...progress? Yeah, it's going good. Having to re-import hit sparks and things after switching out the .ssf is annoying, but I'll live.
    #53  April 05, 2017, 11:07:20 pm
    While I do miss the original CVtW controls i'll probably get used to these. Also for a guest character do you think someone like sheng long could be there I know it's dumb but it's just an idea.
    #54  April 05, 2017, 11:12:11 pm
      • UK
    While I do miss the original CVtW controls i'll probably get used to these. Also for a guest character do you think someone like sheng long could be there I know it's dumb but it's just an idea.
    Y'know, it's funny that you mention that, because one of my first, now-dead projects was a Sheng Long in a vaguely MvC style, using sprites I was making as I went along. I still have those on my hard drive, and it's something I could easily pick up again if I felt like Sheng Long was worth including as a secret character.
    #55  April 05, 2017, 11:34:59 pm
      • USA
    Nice enthusiasm, keep it up.
    #56  April 05, 2017, 11:42:33 pm
      • UK
    #57  April 06, 2017, 04:07:44 pm
      • UK
    UPDATE: Check the WIP topic for details on Mega Man!

Also...

VOICE ACTOR URGENTLY WANTED!
    I'm now looking for somebody who's willing to do some original voice work for Mega Man. I originally wanted to use the original voice that SeanAltly used for his version, but there weren't enough voice clips for what I wanted, nor were there any clips for the attacks I wanted to do. So I'm looking for someone who could possibly pull off a boy's voice, around whatever age Mega Man is or slightly older. I don't really have many guidlines beyond that, but if you're familiar with Mega Man's character, then you might not need much guidance for that anyway.

Here's a few sample lines, if you wish to audition:
    "Charge Kick!" - Standard fighting game shout.
    "Let's go!" - Intro quote. Shows determination and resolve, but shouldn't sound cocky or arrogant.
    "Take this! Black Hole Bomb!" - Super Combo shout. Standard "calling your attack" stuff.
    "Good boy, Rush!" - Victory quote, where Rush turns into a jet, and both fly off the stage.
    Standard fighting game attack sounds and hit grunts. As many as possible - I'm looking for 9 of each, 3 light, 3 medium and 3 heavy.

You can respond either by posting me a PM or by posting in here. Please let me know if you plan to audition, so that I can keep an eye out for it. And a huge thanks in advance to anyone who wants to help me out on this one!
    Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 09:52:38 pm by Steel Komodo
    #58  April 07, 2017, 02:20:09 pm
      • UK
    EDIT: Okay, screw that whiny bullshit, I'm just gonna have to make do. I might change up his moveset a little to use the appropriate voice clips, but it's more likely that I'll just improvise with what's there. I'm not happy about doing it, but it's better than dropping the whole project just because I can't get my perfect vision for it.
    Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 03:38:09 pm by Steel Komodo
    Re: Steel Komodo's Idea Dump: Capcom vs. The World Alpha (Working Title)
    #59  April 10, 2017, 03:55:38 pm
      • UK
    So after a chat with Memo, I've decided that maybe I should pull my head out of my ass and return to the Capcom vs. The World Alpha idea I've done before. Since my gameplay style is much different from his project - his being more technical like SFV, whilst mine is more pick-up-and-play - I figure that I'm not infringing too much on his ideas. Also, I'm going to have to accept that maybe mixing CvS and CPS2 sprites isn't the horrible crime I think it is, even though I still don't like it overall.

After a preliminary bit of research, I've decided to re-jigger the roster from the original one, since a lot of characters I wanted didn't turn out so great:

Now that I have a set(ish) roster, I'm going to focus on updating Ryu with new gameplay features and graphical changes. Memo has kindly lent me the prototypes of his original gameplay style, which he has given me permission to utilize anything from to make my own characters. Expect an update on Ryu... soon-ish.
    Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:43:12 pm by Steel Komodo
    #60  April 10, 2017, 10:25:42 pm
    Just a random idea but I think the final boss should be an amalgamation type boss. Either that or a copycat just to drive in the world part of the game...that is all.
    #61  April 13, 2017, 05:33:40 pm
      • UK
    I'm sort of churning ideas for bosses in my head, but I haven't really got a solid concept down. I don't feel an "amalgamation" would work, since it would be too easy to lean it towards Capcom or The World in terms of moveset. Ideally, it would have to be an original thing that doesn't take aspects from either side of the roster.

Speaking of which - made some changes in the Roster. Deadpool has been replaced by Thor, Rolento has been replaced by Haggar, and Jin Kazama has been dropped in favour of Kyo. I know the latter will be a point of contention, but as cool as it would be to have a Tekken rep, I seriously doubt that I could do a character like that justice, with the limited buttons the CvWA style has. Maybe he could appear in an expansion further down the line, but I doubt it. I'm also considering replacing Felicia with Hsein-Ko, because she doesn't get much focus in projects like this, I feel.

And whilst I'm about it, I think I've figured out (mostly) everyone's Unique Tactics.

Spoiler: Unique Tactics (click to see content)

If you have any better suggestions, feel free to throw them at me!
    Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:12:48 pm by Steel Komodo
    Re: Steel Komodo's Idea Dump: Capcom vs. The Universe
    #62  June 24, 2017, 06:28:58 pm
      • UK
    Okay, so coming back to this, I've made an important desicion: The Smash Bros. style gameplay isn't working out how I wanted. True, it's easier to code, but it means character will play very much the same and combos will be very fixed, which isn't what I want. As of now, Capcom vs. the World Alpha will be returning to a Three-Button System of , and , with an S button for Unique Tactics. This will allow for characters to be more flexible and varied, instead of sticking to the rigid structure demanded by the previous control scheme.

Some other changes to note:
    • I finally have a name for this game now - Capcom vs. The Universe! Cheesy, I know, but it works :P
    • Unique Tactics won't be managed by a separate bar. They'll function more like V-Skills or Character Powers from Injustice, in that regard.
    • Rage Mode will be dropped in favour of a Tekken 7-style Rage Attack. I don't like how I blatantly copied Rage Mode from BC's SF4 characters and would like to try and distinguish my own style from this mechanics.
    • Running/Dash attacks will still be in. Some of them may OTG.
    • Light or Medium crouching normals will be the go-to OTG to continue combos, similar to MvC2/MvCI. There will be a system to prevent infinites, so no need to worry about that.
    • I may include Darkstalkers-style projectile priority to make things more interesting.
    • Alpha Counters, Push Block or Guard Cancels?
    • The Ukemi system may be dropped, on account of me being cack-handed at coding. If anyone can tell me of better ways to code it, let me know!

I'm currently reconsidering a lot of the roster, due to these changes. Here's my thoughts:
    • Kyo will most likely be dropped from the roster to bring Jin Kazama back, since the new 3-Button system will allow me to more faitfhully recreate Tekken gameplay. Also, I don't really like Kyo as a character.
    • I have no idea wherever I should keep Tron and Arthur or replace one of them or both with Mega Man or Mega Man X. If I included one of those two, they'd play closer to MvCI.
    • Morrigan is also a good candidate for a Darkstalkers rep alongside Felicia or Hsein-Ko. It helps that she has CvS-style sprites of her done already.
    • Would Tiffany be a better choice than Batsu?
    • What can I do for a Resident Evil rep? Jill? Mr. X?
    • I honestly can't choose between Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Ermac for a Mortal Kombat rep.
    • I'm considering dropping Thor for Iron Man, since the latter is more recognizable.
    • I'm wondering if it's possible to edit Skullomania's sprites to create Kamen Rider #1, for an surprise rep on The World side.
    • Anime character???

On the subject of characters, I'm open to the idea of other people making DLC characters using the same style. So if you're that upset about me dropping Kyo, feel free to try and recreate him yourselves :P

Also, here's an updated list of UT's.
    Spoiler: Unique Tactics (click to see content)
    With that said, I'll most likely start updating my Ryu to accomodate these new changes. Stay tuned for more...[/list]
    Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 07:45:20 pm by Steel Komodo
    #63  June 28, 2017, 11:14:33 pm
      • UK
    Apologies for the constant double and triple-posting, but I want to give a few updates on here concerning several things.

Firstly, Ryu is now in a very beta phase in the new gameplay style, with almost all the special moves implemented. Still to go are Light and Medium variations of the Joudan Sokutogeri, two more Supers and general tweaks to gameplay and visuals. I'll put up a beta release once he's done to have people test him out and give feedback on what I can do to improve the gameplay system overall.

Secondly, I've been working on some concepts for the screenpack, although since I'm not great with photoshop they may not come into fruition at all. So far, all I have is a logo and a shitty select screen concept. Enjoy (nor not :P)

Spoiler: Bad concept images! (click to see content)

Finally, I've been going through the roster (again), and I've realized that there's too much representation of fighting games on the Universe side, rather than all kinds of media that it should be. So I'm going to be fielding suggestions for characters in Capcom vs. The Universe, particularly on the Universe side - I would like to keep the character count to around twelve or thirteen a side, barring any extra characters like Final Bison and Nightmare Geese. So fire away, guys - the only stipulation is that the character needs to have sprites that would fit in with a general Capcom aesthetic. And whilst I'm about it, I'd like to share my own wishlist for characters I would like to put in here:
    • Kamen Rider Fourze: Any Kamen Rider character would do here, but I figure that Fourze would probably be the most interesting character to do because of the wild variety of moves his Astroswitches could afford him. His Character Power would allow him to switch fighting styles by swapping out the Astroswitches in his belt, allowing him to access new moves with different properties. He would probably serve as the rival to Batsu, allowing me to swap Heita Zinnai out and find some other obscure fighting game character to put in his place. The only issue I have is that whilst a Kamen Rider Fourze character exists, the sprites are atrocious and not what I want in the slightest.
    • Jason Voorhees: Everyone's favourite(?) undead machete killer, Jason would not only add in some movie representation to the game, but would be a spice of horror in an otherwise goofy and colourful cast. I had a movelist concocted for Jason when I was planning out SNK vs. The World, and I'm fairly confident that I could adapt it to the 3-Button system of CvU. His special moves would not take great inspiration from MKX, but would be more focused on referencing the movies. His Rage Attack/Ultra Combo would cause a Fatality if it killed the opponent.
    • Tifa Lockhart: Because I don't know shit about Final Fantasy, but I know a lot about Tifa. I am aware that Hatter is working on sprites of her, and wherever she would be included or not would most likely depend on when the sprites get completed or not. She'd most likely be a rekka-based character or a pseudo-grappler, to contrast with the vast majority of shotos in the cast.
    • Link: As a huge Zelda fanboy, a decent Link in MUGEN would be a dream come true for me. Unfortunately, I'd want to use Adult Link, and the only sprites that were done of him were done by chuchoryu - and I do not think very highly of his spritework. Unless somebody offers to touch up those sprites and animations, this can only be a pipe dream for me, unfortunately.
    • Mega Man X: This is a no-brainer, since the original Capcom vs. The World had the original Mega Man and Memo's CvW2 looks to have Mega Man Volnutt in. Again, this is a mad pipe dream, since I have no idea of the status of RamzaNeko's Mega Man X, and MetalWarrior has said he's not working on updating those sprites anymore. Sigh... a man can dream.

Whilst I'm rambling, I'd like to welcome Mai-Ling of Red Earth to the roster, and may also replace Ash Crimson with Vegeta as a more fitting rival to Akuma. KoF is getting the shaft a lot in this game, isn't it? :P

So yeah, fire away with your suggestions, folks. I'm wide open!
    #64  June 30, 2017, 11:01:39 pm
      • UK
    UPDATE: New 3-Button version beta of Ryu is out for public testing! Give him a whirl in the release section!

And whilst I'm about it, feel free to throw a vote into the poll on the same topic and leave some feedback. Your answers will help shape the future of Capcom vs. The Universe, so answer honestly!
    #65  July 05, 2017, 10:02:01 am
    • Retired
    • Terminally Online
      • New Zealand
      • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
    Just wanted to say if you ever decide to go ahead with this hit me up.
    #66  July 05, 2017, 01:11:01 pm
      • UK
    #67  September 21, 2019, 07:22:46 pm
      • UK
    So I guess this is what I do now. Vanish for years, come back here to post another pie-in-the-sky idea and then vanish again.

Guess I'm just not cut out for serious projects, huh? :(

Anyway, two more stupid ideas that are never gonna get made. Enjoy.

Spoiler: Untitled Concept (click to see content)

Also, if I ever do come back here for real, I'm probably going to drop Capcom vs. The Universe and work on KoF X The World instead. I'm honestly not interested in the former anymore, and the latter sounds like a better chance to do cool things with the standard KoF gameplay. I'm already rejiggering the roster yet again to try and be more "realistic" (lol, as if), so if I ever decide to make a proper return I'll be sure to have something solid I can commit to.