YesNoOk

Shibuya Crossing (previously Shibuya 109) (Read 158206 times)

Started by hatter, January 02, 2015, 10:28:21 pm
Share this topic:
Shibuya Crossing (previously Shibuya 109)
#1  January 02, 2015, 10:28:21 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
This first post featured an old concept which is now obsolete and rehashed. To see the new and far more superior concept, please refer to pages 8, 9 and above.

This very same post will be updated on the day of release, so please stay tuned! ^_^

Spoiler: Old concept (SHIBUYA 109) (click to see content)
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:23:04 am by Black Hatter
Re: Shibuya 109
#2  January 02, 2015, 11:09:17 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
The vertical sign with Japanese characters is supposed to say "Karaoke Hiroshima", but the characters are not correctly written.

And by the way, the H&M sign is actually located where the CvS3 is placed. I will suggest using real pictures as reference of the real crossroad. You will want to give your stage a sense of realism, not just a tall building with a 109 sign and the rest of the stage being completely unreal ;)

Last but not least, the stage will really rock if you do it as a night version rather than in daylight.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#3  January 02, 2015, 11:34:00 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
The vertical sign with Japanese characters is supposed to say "Karaoke Hiroshima", but the characters are not correctly written.
I'll fix that tomorrow.

And by the way, the H&M sign is actually located where the CvS3 is placed. I will suggest using real pictures as reference of the real crossroad. You will want to give your stage a sense of realism, not just a tall building with a 109 sign and the rest of the stage being completely unreal ;)
Haha, actually I was using like, I dunno 3 reference during the painting process for the buildings and the road. The crossroad most definitely needs more work; maybe I can steal something from TWEWY. Either way, I'll keep looking.

Last but not least, the stage will really rock if you do it as a night version rather than in daylight.
At first, I was considering doing a day version with a crowd cheering, and a rainy night version with Asura from Asura's Wrath standing on the 109 tower. But I'll definitely take your word for it concerning the former.
#4  January 03, 2015, 12:14:52 am
  • 魂-Tamashi!!
    • Skype - Fallenad16
    • 1drv.ms/1xuFckG
the stage is looking awesome man
#5  January 03, 2015, 12:26:49 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
interesting start man!
#6  January 03, 2015, 12:29:28 am
    • Argentina
Nice work :)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#7  January 04, 2015, 04:32:18 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thanks everyone.

Basically the changes here are:
-Removed the CvS3 Logo in favour of the H&M logo.
-Added the lines of a few details for the right buildings.
-Added 6 advertisements for the billboard. I'm only showing one because laziness, but the advertisements that'll be displayed are: Days of Memories, Street Fighter V, Metal Slug XX, Three Wonders (fanart by MetalHanzo), Samurai Shodown Sen, and Asura's Wrath. I've also figured out a way to make a transitional effect for the advertisements, so that takes care of that :D

What's left:
-Finish off the added and missing details for the right building.
-Figure out some arrangement for the road.
-Finish the night sky and clouds.
-Add a glowing effect for the 109 logo, add the CvS: Millenium Fight arcade flyer on the left side building, and add the lolita Ibuki artwork by Omar Dogan on the 109 tower (just like the ads!).
-Find suitable BG objects, and add buildings behind the 109 tower and left and right sides.
-Adjust the tone to better fit with the ambience.

That's all I have for today. Enjoy the rest of the day!
#8  January 04, 2015, 08:37:07 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
I found this. I hope this help you a bit.
#9  January 04, 2015, 08:56:20 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
This is Times Square in New York City... ¬_¬
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#10  January 04, 2015, 11:15:50 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Your help is appreciated yaret, but that's not what I'm looking for. Also I do have some resources to fiddle with, but thank you anyways.
#11  January 10, 2015, 01:43:43 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Some progress, sort of  :S:

That's all I have for now. Dunno if I should say this, but if anybody has any kind of sprites that I can put to good use, please don't hesitate to post a link.
Other than that, I'm going to go pixel-scavenging. :)

Enjoy the weekend!
#12  January 10, 2015, 02:35:26 am
Would you like a couple sgots of menphis? For idea purposes?
#13  January 10, 2015, 12:11:02 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Wow very impressive, keep up the hard work. I'm surprise no one has said anything yet, for as feed back. I mean, this has the potential of being something very special, in my opinion.lol Never the less, keep pushing forward man. I will try to gather more ideas and source concepts for you.
#14  January 10, 2015, 04:36:44 pm
  • 魂-Tamashi!!
    • Skype - Fallenad16
    • 1drv.ms/1xuFckG
How about a train behind the buildings to give it that special touch   hope it helps :)
#15  January 10, 2015, 04:50:09 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Would you like a couple sgots of menphis? For idea purposes?

Sure. Why not?

Wow very impressive, keep up the hard work. I'm surprise no one has said anything yet, for as feed back. I mean, this has the potential of being something very special, in my opinion.lol Never the less, keep pushing forward man. I will try to gather more ideas and source concepts for you.

Thanks man, any sprites or source pictures are appreciated, as well as feedback of all forms, positive or negative :)

How about a train behind the buildings to give it that special touch   hope it helps :)

I was thinking along the lines of those Japanese buses you see in anime, but I'll see if I can incorporate this. If I can't, then no mater what, I appreciate all help, small or big :) :)

For sprites, I found these:

Gonna see if I can incorporate these somehow, maybe animate them for stage purposes (send a few objects flying after a super arts :laugh:). Also, I found a tutorial on making a convincing sky, so I'll work on that and show you tonight sometime in the afternoon. :)
Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 09:46:39 pm by Black Hatter
#16  January 10, 2015, 10:30:16 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Well, here is what I did for the clouds and BG:

BG:

Clouds:

What I intend for it to look like, albeit more organized:

I still have to change the tone and contrast of everything else in order to fit with the mood and atmosphere. Aside from that, tell me what you think.

Also added a MYSTEEERIOUS KANJI on the left building. Can you guess what it means? :)
#17  February 09, 2015, 07:36:58 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
#18  February 10, 2015, 09:02:18 pm
  • (o.O)!
  • MadkaT Was Here
    • Guernsey
    • a@b.xxx
    • Skype - admin
    • network.mugenguild.com/madkat
You should make a review of the perspective, according to the vanishing point, your perspective is bad :P

See the green lines of the Cross that I've drawed, the base of the buildings should be aligned with the grey line, according to this, your left building is missaligned, and the center build is too near.

With this fixed it should look better ;) keep going!
<- Foros Mugen en español. And also English forums.
#19  February 23, 2015, 02:23:38 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Restarting this because original file became corrupted, and I have no backup of it left. Doesn't matter though, never really liked how it turned out...
I was planning on doing this in greyscale and then painting over it with relevant colors, but that didn't work out too much :-\

This above snap isn't final, it's just to show that Shibuya 109 is still alive, although it's being restarted.
#20  February 23, 2015, 05:11:18 pm
  • SNK is life