YesNoOk

FighterZ inspired Gohan Extreme wip. (beta out) (Read 12263 times)

Started by Henry Hero, March 01, 2018, 07:03:07 am
Share this topic:
FighterZ inspired Gohan Extreme wip. (beta out)
New #1  March 01, 2018, 07:03:07 am
    • Brazil
Wazzup dudes, I've just gotten back into mugen, and first thing I did was search for some DBZ characters, and sure enough, the only good ones are still the Z2 ones, so I took it upon myself to start my own thing! Here's Gohan EX (for extreme, you know... Extreme Butoden and all?).

Some screenshots:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

He's more inspired towards the Dragon Ball FighterZ type of gameplay, no CvS or MvC or anything.

BETA 1 IS OUT. (added a MOVELIST txt)
Changelog:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2klry5gwduxjhtu/Extreme_Gohan_BETA_1.rar
Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 05:14:43 pm by Henry Hero

lui

Re: Mystic Gohan EX!!! WIP - Finally a good EB char?
#2  March 01, 2018, 07:53:28 am
    • USA

his entire clsn set needs work. alot of it. these boxes have alot of priority and make almost all of his moves really safe
#3  March 01, 2018, 08:01:26 am
    • Brazil
yes, some of them have insane priority. basically all standing moves are anti-airs because of that.
any specific directions on clsn's besides what I mentioned and the ones that really have no hurtboxes?

lui

#4  March 01, 2018, 08:07:22 am
    • USA
i suggest taking them from capcom styled hitboxes. there are a couple of hitbox guides out there for mugen to help ya out
#5  March 01, 2018, 08:23:42 am
    • Brazil
i suggest taking them from capcom styled hitboxes. there are a couple of hitbox guides out there for mugen to help ya out

alright, I'm looking at some stuff and it's pretty clear what's wrong, thanks!
#6  March 01, 2018, 09:04:27 am
    • Brazil

Walrus, thanks for the feedback! I just updated the first post with the new hitboxes implemented, I looked at Reu's Evil Ryu and JMorphman's Kim for reference, btw. I did most of the attacks only, and adjusted their priority. But I'm continuing to improve on the hurtboxes overall (jumping, walking, etc).
Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 09:24:31 am by Henry Hero
#7  March 02, 2018, 03:43:18 am
    • Brazil
Sorry for triple posting, but I updated the first post with the new alpha version, added ultimate back attack SPECIAL + HEAVY (C+Z), hold forward to go further and it can cross up. also added an aerial super, masenko, which I'm not too sure I'll keep. also polished a lot of other things.

lui

#8  March 03, 2018, 09:35:46 am
    • USA
hm, really digging the updates

i like how he feels. very intuitive, a couple things need some tweaking but overall this feels like a nice system to get used to.

Are you gonna do more of this?
#9  March 03, 2018, 09:49:43 am
    • Brazil
yes! I really love dragon ball and I'd love to do more chars, but I'm really focusing on getting this Gohan right so I can use him as a base on the next ones!
I just found out you can scale things on your .AIR file on MUGEN 1.1, so I'm redoing all the FX, explods, hitsparks and all.
right now I'm having difficulty also thinking of a throw for Gohan... and I'm also looking for sound FX for the hits on the beam supers, cause right now there is none.
Also, I appreciate all the feedback, I'm here to improve.
Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 09:53:29 am by Henry Hero
#10  March 03, 2018, 10:51:18 pm
    • Brazil
Re: Tired of bad DBZ chars? Look no further! Gohan EX wip
#11  March 13, 2018, 01:01:30 am
  • Graphic Designer
    • Honduras
Was checking this out, and woah! Great work so far!! Though am noticing that on the first screenshot, the reflection doesn't look quite natural? Maybe just move like 2-3 squares up from the axis? That's just me nitpicking, sorry!

Btw, aren't those butouden's sprites? Also am here to see what you need some spritework for exactly...
--
Re: Tired of bad DBZ chars? Look no further! Gohan EX wip
#12  March 13, 2018, 01:30:19 am
    • Brazil
Was checking this out, and woah! Great work so far!! Though am noticing that on the first screenshot, the reflection doesn't look quite natural? Maybe just move like 2-3 squares up from the axis? That's just me nitpicking, sorry!

Btw, aren't those butouden's sprites? Also am here to see what you need some spritework for exactly...
Hi! I'm glad you like it! an update is in the works and a lot of new stuff has been added, I do agree with that reflection thing, I'll look into it.
I specifically would need a throw animation and a grounded Masenko (he's got an aerial one only) for this one, and yes, they're Extreme Butoden sprites.
Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:48:28 am by Henry Hero
Re: Gohan EX wip. FighterZ inspired gameplay (beta out)
#13  March 16, 2018, 07:15:56 pm
    • Brazil
just updated the first post with a new BETA version with a bunch of new stuff! feedback is appreciated.
I'm still figuring out what super FX and sounds to use.
also I want anyone's opinion on this color separation I'm brewing, is this enough?