YesNoOk

Michael Myers Sprite Sheet (Capcom Style) (Read 1909 times)

Started by SiL3Nt J, November 22, 2017, 01:24:53 am
Share this topic:
Michael Myers Sprite Sheet (Capcom Style)
#1  November 22, 2017, 01:24:53 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Here's a very bare bones version of Michael Myers in Capcom form. Maybe I will add more later. I know it's not much, but I figured it was time that Mugen got a 2D version of Michael. Special thanks to Shubuster and Spriter's Resource for the sprites I used as a base. Also, I do not take credit for creating this character as he was created by John Carpenter. All I am taking credit for is editing the sprites Capcom made to put him in their style of animation.

I've gotten a couple of emails from people asking to use my sprites in levels and I don't care if you want to use them, that's fine, just please mention my name somewhere cuz I spent a lot of time on these. If someone wants to program this character, it would be cool to see. But if you do, you should post a video here so we can see him in action :-)

Just wanted to explain these:

- First three rows:  "Curse of Michael"
Michael slashes forward. This is similar to the move Yamazaki has. The strength of the button pressed determines how many slashes he does. Dragon punch motion backward + punch is what I would give him for this one. More slashes can be added for a super if needed. Maybe call it "Revenge of Michael" after Halloween 5. This could be done with a double quarter circle motion forward command.

- Fourth row: His walking backward animation
- Bottom row: His blocking crouching animation, his crouching damage animation and his turning around animation.

*Also, one thought I had for his win animation is that he could walk off the screen, sort of like SF3 Q

EDIT

forgot to say too, for his slash special, it should destroy projectiles to make him look more bad ass and to set him apart from yamazaki

EDIT

The slash could also look like this, with the outer slash going first

Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 05:28:12 am by SiL3Nt J
Re: Michael Myers Sprite Sheet (Capcom Style)
#2  November 22, 2017, 02:31:12 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
Looks great
I need more PSN friends
#3  November 22, 2017, 04:07:30 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it. Glad someone liked it.

EDIT

Added these Yamazaki frames as a bonus to make his CvS slash move more like his KoF one:
Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:37:27 am by SiL3Nt J
#4  November 22, 2017, 04:36:24 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
needs some custom moves but looks good so far :)
#5  November 22, 2017, 12:45:54 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Good job!

I want to hug you...
#6  November 22, 2017, 10:55:45 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Thanks dudes. As for customized moves, I was thinking he could have two more specials: A dashing uppercut similar to Balrog/M.Bison's and a damaging grapple move similar to Yamazaki's 'Bomb Bopper' where he dashes forward and then grabs the opponent with the lead arm, raises them up and stabs them.

Had these animations in mind for bases:

I'd call the dash move the "Hallow-Slash" and the grapple move the "Hallow-Stab"
#7  November 23, 2017, 04:28:25 pm
Michael Myers looks awesome.. 1 of Mike's signature moves is him sticking the knife into someone and lifting them with 1 hand

Maybe you can incorporate that

Would love to see this coded

Wouldn't even need to find voices because he doesn't talk, just breathes

Him slowly walking onto the screen and stepping on a pumpkin smashing it to the sound of his theme music can be 1 of his intros
#8  November 27, 2017, 01:55:26 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Yeah I want to add that move later.

I like the idea of having him walk out to his intro music, but I was thinking that instead of having him smash a pumpkin, he could be chasing Jaime Lee Curtis. I saw that Prime Op had made a sprite edit of her on his site (pictured on the left) and was thinking it would be pretty easy to edit Athena's running sprites (also pictured). Curtis could run onto the screen and stop and look back, and when Michael walks on the screen, she runs away, all while the Halloween music plays.

EDIT

Also the music should only cycle about 3 times, like the first 10 seconds of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfBHEIANFSA
Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 02:02:37 am by SiL3Nt J
#9  December 07, 2017, 06:24:32 am
  • U better check urself before u shrek urself
    • USA
    • catanesetyler@gmail.com
How about giving some moves from terrordrome?
#10  December 07, 2017, 05:50:50 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
The terrordome characters didn't really have any movesets. I saw that they gave him a move where he throws a tombstone which was cool, but I will probably leave that out because I never saw him do it in the movie. I was thinking of having some sort of theme to his moves. Like maybe making him a grappler or a charge character like they did in Capcom and SNK.
Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 05:58:18 pm by SiL3Nt J