YesNoOk

Nostalgia (Read 2853 times)

Started by shinjody, November 21, 2017, 02:57:27 am
Share this topic:
Nostalgia
#1  November 21, 2017, 02:57:27 am
  • The Shadow Walker
Hello,

perhaps this topic has been started so many times, so please forgive me.
Yes, forgive me, really, for being so lazy not to search if there is such topic started by other people.

It's 3 AM I'm back from work and I was shutting down my PC when I stumbled upon some bookmarks I had on Chrome and obviously mugenguild was in it.

I'm Shintaku, I did a game with World of Warcraft characters, some of you may have downloaded both the whole game or the individual charactrers. I made around 20 characters in mugen, not many but I had time to work on it back then... now I can't anymore.

I came to check if the community was still alive, and I am so grateful still is. I feel somehow guilty of having abandoned it but life called and I don't have much time to even play fighting games any more...  I really fear that someday, somehow, it will die, but I am really relieved it hasn't yet. Really.

So I would just like to thank everybody who still spends time on Mugen, as you really made someone's day.
You're precious.

When I was 25 I wated to have all the characters from all the fighting games, and I started converting the Mortal Kombat characters into MVC style, but I failed... my Baraka still isn't complete, so at 30 I tried again, and I did it with WoW characters. I hope someone enjoied those.

Now I'm 38. I feel so old, so nostalgic...
Thanks guys.
Really.
"Shin chooses Mercy"
Re: Nostalgia
#2  November 21, 2017, 03:13:22 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Awesome! I do indeed remember the WoW, project from a long time ago. Cool to see you're still around.
I still remember when I first discovered Mugen, it must have been around 2007-08, but I did not understand how it worked until 2009, and ever since then I've been fascinated, and kept to it. So I know how you feel.

Welcome back.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#3  November 21, 2017, 03:33:57 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

I had a few characters from that project, and I have never played WoW before. Thanks for those.
#4  November 21, 2017, 07:07:46 am
    • USA
    • hamalto1990@yahoo.com