YesNoOk

Skullgirls spriterips (Read 265844 times)

Started by JukeboxO, January 15, 2014, 02:53:32 am
Share this topic:
Skullgirls spriterips
#1  January 15, 2014, 02:53:32 am
    • USA
    • flotsamx@live.com
http://network.mugenguild.com/justnopoint/sprite%20rips/skull%20girls/<- Newest rips by r a n e r i + old rips for Fukua, Filia, and Cerabella by JukeBoxO

UPDATE: Filia's framedump has been fixed! No more transparent eyes.

Skullgirls' sprites have proven notoriously difficult to rip, as a byproduct of their lineart, shading, and coloring being separated into three different encrypted file formats.

Fortunately, an art compendium has arisen which has led to a glorious 1080p+ framedump of almost every character in the game. In the interest of seeing more Skullgirls shenanigans in MUGEN, I'm going to (very slowly) upload the complete framesets of select characters.

Fair warning: These sprites are VERY LARGE and will probably require re-sizing before they're suitable for MUGEN. They're also a hefty download, which is why the characters are individual downloads as opposed to a massive 2GB abomination.

Peacock:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Filia:

Valentine:

Painwheel:

Parasoul:

Squigly:

Cerebella:

Double:

Ms. Fortune (with head):

Ms. Fortune (without head):

Big Band:

Eliza:

Fukua:

Boss Marie:

More coming later!

Additionally, as a select few of these animations went unused, they are not cleaned/finished to a satisfactory degree. Use these unfinished animations at your own expense! Or clean them up. Or ignore them, iunno.
Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 08:21:35 pm by Just No Point
Re: Skullgirls spriterips
#2  January 15, 2014, 06:30:20 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
OH CRAP! I wanna code a SkullGirls in my style sooooo bad! ur amazing for this...downloading!

Posted: January 15, 2014, 06:32:05 am
wait a sec...FTW is this mega downloader...its this real?
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#3  January 15, 2014, 06:34:35 am
You should probably pm a moderator or administrator to solve the issue with your old account or get it merged.
#4  January 15, 2014, 06:36:41 am
    • USA
    • flotsamx@live.com
OH CRAP! I wanna code a SkullGirls in my style sooooo bad! ur amazing for this...downloading!

Posted: January 15, 2014, 06:32:05 am
wait a sec...FTW is this mega downloader...its this real?

Mega is the successor to megaupload. It's perfectly legitimate, and pretty useful too. It's what I'll be uploading all of these spriterips to, barring any trouble.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_(website)

I'm planning on uploading Filia's sprites to it through the night, since it takes forever on my connection. Expect those tomorrow!

EDIT: Filia's sprites are now available to download in the second post! Hope you enjoy them.  Valentine and Painwheel might be coming later tonight.

EDIT EDIT: Added Valentine and Painwheel, woo. And thanks to the mods for sorting out my account issue! :p
Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:36:17 pm by JukeboxO
#5  January 16, 2014, 11:34:02 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
thank u soooooo much! u r the fucking MAN for this. u will be credited once i complete Filla! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD after i finish Blue Ranger!
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#6  January 16, 2014, 11:40:20 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
um holy shit indeed im downloading peacock as we speak.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:07:49 pm by Laharl
#7  January 17, 2014, 03:40:09 am
    • USA
    • flotsamx@live.com
Glad to see that people are enjoying them. I'll be uploading Parasoul and/or Cerebella tomorrow!
#8  January 17, 2014, 05:20:26 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
One question about the unused sprites.

Will it be possible that Lab Zero's going to add in those sprites as new moves in the future, or are they going to be forever unused?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#9  January 17, 2014, 10:55:06 pm
    • USA
    • flotsamx@live.com
One question about the unused sprites.

Will it be possible that Lab Zero's going to add in those sprites as new moves in the future, or are they going to be forever unused?

In the case of Filia's unused timeout/taunt, they were unused due to objections by some of the staff. In the case of other animations like Peacock's intro or her Keaton Buster super, they were superfluous, or took up too much memory on consoles.

Additionally, Parasoul is now available to download! Cerebella hopefully will happen tomorrow.
#10  January 17, 2014, 11:37:26 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Nice and will you be doing Squigly as well?
#11  January 18, 2014, 02:36:10 am
    • USA
    • flotsamx@live.com
I have Squigly's framedump, so yes! In fact, since you show interest in her I'll upload her next alongside Cerebella.

The only character I don't have a framedump of is Marie, but she might be coming later on.

EDIT: Cerebella and Squigly are uploaded!
Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 06:29:05 pm by JukeboxO
#12  January 19, 2014, 10:04:15 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Looks interesting. I always thought that the character sprites are almost unrippable, so seeing actual rips of the sprites is a nice surprise.
Also, I would like to know, which framedump you want to upload next.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#13  January 19, 2014, 12:18:16 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
How much sprites does Ms Fortune have compared tot eh others? What with her head being a separate thing and all.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#14  January 19, 2014, 10:05:33 pm
  • ♪
    • sites.google.com/view/ariasoftheend/home
#15  January 20, 2014, 05:13:18 am

Just a side-note: These aren't actually being ripped. These are frame dumps which Lab Zero gave as a backer reward on IndieGoGo.

Also: I sure hope somebody does something with these sprites.
#16  January 20, 2014, 07:26:10 am
    • USA
    • flotsamx@live.com
Just a side-note: These aren't actually being ripped. These are frame dumps which Lab Zero gave as a backer reward on IndieGoGo.

Also: I sure hope somebody does something with these sprites.

Yup, this is the case! Hope I didn't mislead anyone. The reason I can't provide Marie right now is because she wasn't included in the initial release of the art compendium.

How much sprites does Ms Fortune have compared tot eh others? What with her head being a separate thing and all.

She has almost double the amount of sprites since she has different ones for with/without head, so I'll be uploading her last.

Double should be coming next!

Additionally, a modding/export tool for Skullgirls, titled "SkullMod", is currently under development. Hopefully, I will be able to use this tool to rip other sprites of interest that were not included in the art compendium (block indicator, bursts, reset flash, etc.) I suggest you all check it out, since it's a neat little thingy.

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/modding-tool-skullmod.1294/
Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:55:40 am by JukeboxO
#17  January 20, 2014, 07:27:11 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Can't wait. Love that cat, I do.
#18  January 20, 2014, 11:58:36 pm
    • USA
    • flotsamx@live.com
Double's frames have now been uploaded! In addition, the first half of Ms. Fortune's have been uploaded as well. Her headless frames will be coming tomorrow.

Posted: January 23, 2014, 12:17:38 am
With Ms. Fortune's sprites uploaded, that wraps up everything I currently have to offer!

I plan on uploading Marie and Big Band's frames as well, when they are made available.

ALD

#19  January 23, 2014, 06:46:16 am
great! all sprite pack :dio:
#20  January 23, 2014, 09:30:04 am
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
Wow thanks! I can actually make one of them for Mugen... But I always wanted to do Peacock at my own style.
#21  January 26, 2014, 05:55:23 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Thanks for the Nadia sprites. Especially being able to rip her head sprites as well. Thats great.
#22  January 27, 2014, 10:44:02 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Bro, this is the most organized files I have ever seen from a person other than myself (unlike the KOF13 ><) Great job. Now I can study some of the animations going on here. I do love HD :D Thanks again.
#23  February 02, 2014, 11:53:19 pm
  • ✨
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
These sprites resize to low res beautifully!

#24  February 03, 2014, 04:34:27 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA

Hey, that is nice!

Although, since these sprite packs are from that Indiegogo fundraiser rewards, is it OK for people to release them?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#25  February 03, 2014, 08:45:39 am
    • USA
    • flotsamx@live.com

Hey, that is nice!

Although, since these sprite packs are from that Indiegogo fundraiser rewards, is it OK for people to release them?

The art compendium was a donation incentive for their (now concluded) IndieGogo campaign, and not something that was being sold.

Furthermore, it was in a fairly expensive tier that not many people managed to acquire, which is why it's been out for over a month and yet nothing had surfaced until I got off my butt and uploaded my share. I'm only including the frame dumps and not the other assorted extras the art compendium contains, and only for the benefit of the MUGEN community who have long wished to have usable Skullgirls assets. These dumps are available nowhere else as the art compendium is not being sold anywhere, and Lab Zero have not made solid plans to sell it in the future.

As such, I doubt they care too strongly that the frame dumps are available on a lone MUGEN forum. If that were not the case, I'd gladly remove them.
#26  February 03, 2014, 07:59:14 pm

I was hoping someone would do this. As weird as it sounds I would really love a low-res Skullgirl to play with in MUGEN!
#27  February 04, 2014, 03:48:26 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Hope someone does that with Ms Fortune
#28  February 04, 2014, 06:40:14 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
You guys are making it seem like it's really difficult to batch resize the sprites.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#29  February 05, 2014, 03:03:35 am
  • ✨
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
They are just reduced to 20%. Anyone can do it.

Indexing them isn't fun but it isn't difficult either.
#30  February 05, 2014, 03:16:30 am
    • USA
    • flotsamx@live.com
I definitely encourage anyone who wants to go the extra mile and make any of the provided assets more MUGEN-friendly for the benefit of character creators. I'm happy to see this stuff being put to good use!
#31  February 13, 2014, 06:56:22 pm
    • USA
    • lockerz.points2@yahoo.com
Guys, the Mega.co link is down or something for most sprites (except Parasoul). Can someone be as kind as to upload to mediafire or something? I've been looking for these sprites for a while and I really want to download them. This user has worked hard to bring us them and mega co keeps saying temporary error on most downloads. If anyone could reupload I would REALLY appreciate it.
#32  February 13, 2014, 11:20:26 pm
Guys, the Mega.co link is down or something for most sprites (except Parasoul). Can someone be as kind as to upload to mediafire or something? I've been looking for these sprites for a while and I really want to download them. This user has worked hard to bring us them and mega co keeps saying temporary error on most downloads. If anyone could reupload I would REALLY appreciate it.

I see no errors, the links work fine.

Are you sure? I cannot find that in GIMP or in IrfanView, and if I remember correctly, then both fall under the category of the most common image editing programs (well, at least for free)...

When you scale the image/s the interpolation must be "None" for Gimp.
#33  February 14, 2014, 01:08:50 am
    • USA

When I try to download, it says temporary error for all the packs except Parasoul. I tried Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera, I installed the mega.co extension and everything and it gives me the error. It's been doing it up to now still and I'm still trying to download the pack... I would download it anywhere else even if it's a slow download site because mega.co isn't working at all for me. the erorr's gotten annoying
#34  February 14, 2014, 09:02:00 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
===My discord servers===

#35  February 14, 2014, 05:57:00 pm
  • *Insert text here*
    • USA

When I try to download, it says temporary error for all the packs except Parasoul. I tried Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera, I installed the mega.co extension and everything and it gives me the error. It's been doing it up to now still and I'm still trying to download the pack... I would download it anywhere else even if it's a slow download site because mega.co isn't working at all for me. the erorr's gotten annoying

Did you update your firefox? That's what I had to do. You'll have to re download the MEGA add on again after updating though.
#36  February 16, 2014, 11:40:31 am
    • USA

Did you update your firefox? That's what I had to do. You'll have to re download the MEGA add on again after updating though.

I updated firefox, reinstalled it, used the plugin but it still didn't work but I got the files. Now I have another issue. Why are Filia's eyes transparent? How can I get the original color back? I feel it weird how I import the files into Photoshop but it's like she's missing an eye..
#37  February 16, 2014, 01:04:57 pm
Filia's eyes being transparent is an issue the author of the topic already mentioned in the first post.
Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 10:46:12 am by Alex Sinigaglia
#38  February 16, 2014, 02:11:09 pm
    • USA
    • flotsamx@live.com
I just checked all the Mega links, they all work fine on my end. I think whatever problems you were experiencing are some bugginess going on with your browser.

And yup, the method used to rip the sprites resulted in Filia's pupils being transparent. This means that quite a bit of extra work would need to go into making her look presentable, but hopefully this issue will be resolved when Lab Zero releases an updated version of the compendium.

Additionally, when that time comes I'll also be able to upload Marie and Big Band's sprites.
#39  February 16, 2014, 06:43:30 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
===My discord servers===

#40  March 08, 2014, 09:57:16 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
So, after seeing these sprites as well as other ones on the net, it's interesting that unlike other 2D fighting sprites, Skullgirl ones look to have anti-aliasing on the outer lines.  Maybe it's me, or maybe I'm missing something, but that's what it looks like.
#41  March 08, 2014, 01:38:25 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
These sprites are great, good luck on getting them all done :)
#42  March 19, 2014, 08:48:47 am
    • USA
    • flotsamx@live.com
As Big Band's spritework is entirely done, you might be able to expect his frames to pop up here in the upcoming weeks. No promises, but it's a possibility!
#43  March 31, 2014, 04:45:44 pm
    • France
    • www.zz123@aol.com
Can someone make a Squigly for win mugen beta please! I dont have mugen 1.0, its very laggy. That will be so thankful. :3
#44  March 31, 2014, 06:49:13 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Can someone make a Squigly for win mugen beta please! I dont have mugen 1.0, its very laggy. That will be so thankful. :3
Do not ask for characters to be made, thank you.
#45  April 01, 2014, 02:35:32 pm
    • France
    • www.zz123@aol.com
Oh sorry :x
#46  June 04, 2014, 02:32:31 am
    • USA
    • flotsamx@live.com
Marie, Big Band, and Fukua's framedumps have been released! I'll be individually uploading them ASAP.

Additionally, if Filia's frames have been fixed in the newest release I will see about reuploading hers.

EDIT: Lab Zero accidentally uploaded a broken version of the new framedumps, when it's fixed I'll be back here with an update.

7/27 EDIT: Lab Zero's been super busy making Eliza and the new framedump is still broken. It should be fixed not much longer after Eliza's release date, so check back then.
Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:46:42 pm by JukeboxO
#47  June 04, 2014, 04:33:41 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Nice.

I personally look forward to the sprite releases.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#48  October 30, 2014, 07:17:01 am
    • USA
    • flotsamx@live.com
Good news, Lab Zero has finally released non-broken framedumps for Fukua, Big Band, Eliza, and Marie. They also fixed the issues regarding Filia's eyes in the original dump so I'll be reuploading those as well.

Expect the new characters to start popping up on the OP within the next day! They take awhile to upload on my connection.
#49  October 31, 2014, 12:13:25 pm
    • USA
    • flotsamx@live.com
#50  December 19, 2014, 02:43:15 am
    • Colombia
    • tombmonkey@hotmail.com
Still waiting for the rest of the sprites, specially Eliza and fixed Filia.

Hope you still hang around and upload them.
#51  December 20, 2014, 04:19:58 pm
    • yarrmateys@hotmail.com
#52  December 31, 2014, 08:24:53 am
    • USA
    • flotsamx@live.com
Still waiting for the rest of the sprites, specially Eliza and fixed Filia.

Hope you still hang around and upload them.

Super sorry, I'm around again! I'll be uploading Eliza overnight. Marie will be posted too.

EDIT: Eliza uploaded and added to OP, uploading Fukua and fixed Filia now.

EDIT EDIT: Fukua and fixed Filia uploaded! Marie will come tomorrow, and then y'all will have to wait a few months until Beowulf and Robo-Fortune's framedumps are out.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Marie's in the OP!
Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 10:46:49 pm by JukeboxO
#53  January 13, 2015, 08:14:48 pm
    • Colombia
    • tombmonkey@hotmail.com
Thanks a lot man, you are boss.

While these are not likely to be used in mugen, due to it's obvious complications, they are brutal animation references for people.
#54  January 17, 2015, 08:13:34 am
    • USA
    • flotsamx@live.com
Thanks a lot man, you are boss.

While these are not likely to be used in mugen, due to it's obvious complications, they are brutal animation references for people.

Someone's already made a mugen character using these frames, actually! Filia, IIRC.
#55  January 17, 2015, 05:38:41 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Yay Fukua! Thanks for Jukebox!
#56  December 02, 2015, 05:44:50 am
    • USA
This is awesome (Also Peacock's link is broken can you please fix it)
#57  December 06, 2015, 11:54:13 pm
  • 13 Piece Bucket
  • We all die, you either kill yourself or get killed
    • USA
Hey JukeboxO, the link for Peacock is down. Could you fix that?
#58  December 12, 2015, 08:56:46 pm
    • USA
The links for Valentine and Peacock are down, and the Cerebella download doesn't work either. Could you fix them, please?
#59  December 31, 2015, 12:06:21 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#60  January 09, 2016, 08:03:39 pm
    • USA
    • difuso6@hotmail.com
Hi guys first I want congratulate for the great work you have done here to share those beautifull sprites whit us.
I want advice you save your 2009 original sprites, because the new ones where censoured whatever reason....
some exemples: 

is sad valentine sprite links is dead but well I have the other ones! :)
#61  January 09, 2016, 08:09:20 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Post any sprites not in the sets and I'll add them to the rars I'm hosting.
#62  January 11, 2016, 06:51:39 pm
    • USA
iirc, only Filia, Fukua, and Cerebella had edits made to their sprites in regards to censoring. The links of those characters uploaded by JukeboxO aren't dead yet so if you'd like to find all of the uncensored sprites, you'd find them there.

If someone wants to get on that, that would be cool. I don't think there were any official notes on what sprites were changed specifically, so you're going to have to compare each set.
#63  January 11, 2016, 07:00:37 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I don't have the time or patience to do it myself. But I'll add any that anybody else finds and posts for sure.
#64  January 11, 2016, 07:16:02 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
keep two sets, all the latest sets with regular file names then the Filia_uncensored, Fukua_uncensored, and Cerebella_uncensored sets as "duplicates"; if somebody is going to make the characters, checking the whole set two times is the least thing to be expected of said person.
#65  January 11, 2016, 08:15:05 pm
    • USA
Yeah, there's always that. The idea seemed to be adding the edited sprites to the current sets, but that's definitely the less time consuming option.
#66  January 11, 2016, 08:23:33 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Alright. Sounds like a good alternative. I'm simply adding Filia, Fukia, and Cerabella-old .zip files to the server now. May wish to give it a few hours. My upload speeds stink.
#67  January 11, 2016, 08:34:23 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Alright. Sounds like a good alternative. I'm simply adding Filia, Fukia, and Cerabella-old .zip files to the server now. May wish to give it a few hours. My upload speeds stink.
name it unc or alt, otherwise a few years down teh line you will forget why there's an old version and willjust delete it :P
#68  January 12, 2016, 03:10:36 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You have no idea how much old crap I keep BECAUSE I don't remember if their was a reason I uploaded it lol

But still renamed them uncensored anyway. They are all finished uploading
#69  January 27, 2016, 03:34:33 am
  • I mean shit i dunno
    • USA
It appears that the valentine link is down.
:Y
#70  January 27, 2016, 04:19:22 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#71  January 28, 2016, 04:31:45 am
  • I mean shit i dunno
    • USA
:Y
#72  February 21, 2016, 06:36:17 am
  • https://www.youtube.com/user/tiloger/videos
    • Colombia
    • tiloger90@hotmail.com
    • http://mugeneros.activoforo.com/f1-mugen
where I can find sprites screenpack and sources of this game?
#73  December 14, 2017, 01:44:42 am
    • USA
Has anyone ever gotten an uncensored Valentine sprite rip?