YesNoOk

True love I'm making (actual sprites included this time) (Read 280174 times)

Started by StevenB, October 06, 2015, 09:41:17 pm
Re: Steven's Sprites 'n Pixels (Commissions are open)
#41  October 18, 2015, 04:56:48 pm
    • Netherlands

Some of my most recent pixelarts. Most of these were commissions (bar Luigi and Goku). The red witch is an OC made by a guy called CRUMVII.
#42  October 18, 2015, 05:04:45 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I think my fave would be Luigi, because the expression you gave him is priceless~ :XD:
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:48:40 pm by Zaitsu Hatter
#43  October 18, 2015, 05:08:26 pm
  • What did the 5 fingers say to the face? SMAAACCCK!
Impressive  work you done!!! I like them all!  Great use of color scheme too.
#44  October 18, 2015, 10:31:44 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
The third sprite seems to have a rather chubby nose. Both the OC and Harpuia seems to have their face cheeks too stretched out, which makes them look unnatural. Given the face position that the OC has, I'd move her left eye (on our right) a pixel or two upwards to further help the angle, and I'd shrink Harpuia's eye down a little bit, while moving it down by few pixels (and if you want, move some of the helmet front downwards along too).

Other than that, pretty good.

Shit
#45  October 28, 2015, 06:59:38 pm
    • Netherlands
The third sprite seems to have a rather chubby nose. Both the OC and Harpuia seems to have their face cheeks too stretched out, which makes them look unnatural. Given the face position that the OC has, I'd move her left eye (on our right) a pixel or two upwards to further help the angle, and I'd shrink Harpuia's eye down a little bit, while moving it down by few pixels (and if you want, move some of the helmet front downwards along too).

Other than that, pretty good.

Sorry for the extremely late reply;

I -think- that this might be because I tend to draw faces rather puffy (and when I made these ixelarts I draw them on paper first). So I probably need some cross practise in drawing as well as pixeling. Thanks for the feedback and insight, I'll keep it in mind when I do more practise, especially the cheeks.

In the meantime, I finally had time to get this off the ground:
#46  October 28, 2015, 07:08:03 pm
  • Shit
That's yet another very decent looking sprite right there. The only problem I can see is that the arms appear to be very short in here, but the rest looks pretty CvS accurate.

Shit
#47  October 28, 2015, 07:20:22 pm
    • Netherlands
That's yet another very decent looking sprite right there. The only problem I can see is that the arms appear to be very short in here, but the rest looks pretty CvS accurate.

INteresting. I didn't really catch that myself but I'll try to fix that asap

In the meantime I've moved around another couple of pixels

and thanks!
#48  October 28, 2015, 07:25:44 pm
    • Netherlands

Arms are now longer
#49  October 28, 2015, 09:46:53 pm
    • Netherlands

The front leg is still a bit funky, so that's the first on the list for fixing
#50  October 28, 2015, 09:49:12 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Might need to move the arms a bit more, so that it doesn't look too awkward when it's still.

If you want to know what I mean, look at either MOTW Terry, Guile, or Charlie for some reference.
#51  October 28, 2015, 11:26:00 pm
    • Netherlands
Might need to move the arms a bit more, so that it doesn't look too awkward when it's still.

If you want to know what I mean, look at either MOTW Terry, Guile, or Charlie for some reference.

I'm tackling the animation in parts since stances are pretty difficult for me. When I'm more satisfied with the leg motion/stability I will move on to the arms. I will probably be using Terry as reference since I think his overall flow fits better with Damian than Charlie's or Guile's. Thanks for the feedback!

I also think I'll take out the head animation in favor of a stationary with with maybe animated hair.

I also think I should start looking into better animation programs that allow me to preview better since I still animate with beneton lol. Should I maybe start learning Fireworks or so?
#52  October 29, 2015, 03:21:40 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
idk what it is but my eyes tell me he has long legs even though that Rock comparison says otherwise.

I'd prob suggest giving his hair a little movement, otherwise looking good so far :)
#53  October 29, 2015, 05:03:47 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I also think I should start looking into better animation programs that allow me to preview better since I still animate with beneton lol. Should I maybe start learning Fireworks or so?
I use graphics gale, it supports both layers and frames, which used to be pretty rare when I researched to choose which pixel animation program to use (only promotion was able to do that back then).
#54  November 01, 2015, 10:26:58 pm
    • Netherlands
some update on the stance

I'm now more satisfied with the legs and the arm movement, but I will probably simplefy the front arm's movement. Especially the shading on the front arm is still really inconsistant and the mass is iffy so I need to get on that

And some traditional art

Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:53:37 pm by StevenB
#55  November 02, 2015, 12:42:29 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Really love the sketches, keep it up ^_^
This is a generic forum signature.
#56  November 02, 2015, 01:11:52 am
  • Shit
Your art style is pretty charming. Really digging it.

Shit
#57  November 02, 2015, 02:52:40 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Loving the Halloween pic a lot (especially with the pumpkin mask and the coat).
#58  November 02, 2015, 09:33:09 pm
    • Netherlands
Really love the sketches, keep it up ^_^

Your art style is pretty charming. Really digging it.

Thank you, much apprecaited!

Loving the Halloween pic a lot (especially with the pumpkin mask and the coat).

Haha thanks, I'm a big fan of pumpkin masks like that myself.

Some new stuff;

Undertale commission

update on Damian's stance

I feel llike it's overall more stable now, except for the front arm which is still jiterry in mass and shading. I'm considering redoing the front arm in terms of motion completely.
#59  November 03, 2015, 06:08:29 pm
The chain goes down when he does (in other words it's following his stance), but I think it should bounce a bit.
His right arm (viewer's left) looks a bit jerky when he goes down.
#60  November 03, 2015, 10:37:39 pm
    • Netherlands
The chain goes down when he does (in other words it's following his stance), but I think it should bounce a bit.
His right arm (viewer's left) looks a bit jerky when he goes down.

Yeah the front arm (our left) is what I'm tackling currently. I'm considering redrwaing it as a whole into a more cohesive, simpler animation.

The chain is definitely on my list of things I want to take a jab at all well but I really want to improve the upper and lower bodies first. After I'm more satisfied with that I plan to tackle the chain and hair some more.