YesNoOk

Make the opponent stay on the ground? (Read 3144 times)

Started by DeathScythe, July 26, 2018, 03:43:04 pm
Share this topic:
Make the opponent stay on the ground?
#1  July 26, 2018, 03:43:04 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Is there a way to force the opponent to stay on the ground for some time after a hit without creating a custom state? I need the opponent to stay on the ground for the next hit to connect, and I'm lazy when it comes to custom states. lol
Of course if the hit doesn't connect for some reason (get hit by another player in simul or something) I'll make the opponent regain ctrl after some time (60 ticks more or less)
Re: Make the opponent stay on the ground?
#2  July 27, 2018, 08:18:19 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Has putting a "forcestand = 1" in every hitdef of that move where you want the opponent to remain standing and just adding a relatively long hitstun time on the last hit worked?
#3  July 27, 2018, 08:22:33 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
down.hittime = hit_time (int) This is the time that P2 will slide back for if P2 is hit while lying down. This parameter is ignored if the y_velocity is non- zero for the "down.velocity" parameter.

Will this do?

From hitdef
#4  July 27, 2018, 11:16:43 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Well I think I didn't explain it the right way. I don't want the opponent to stay standing, I want them to stay lying down. Like this:
P2 is hit (with fall = 1 in the hitdef) > P2 falls to the ground and stay lying down for a second or two > the next hit of the move then hits P2 on the ground.
I've tried changing things in the hitdef with no success. What I want is the opponent to not get up too quickly. I'm guessing this isn't possible just messing with the hitdef and I'll have to create a custom state for P2.

Thank you for the answers, anyway. :D
#5  July 27, 2018, 11:54:21 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
I think you'll need custom states.  Without custom states, anyone lying down can quickly mash their way back on their feet.
#6  July 28, 2018, 12:49:05 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Ok. Thank you.  :bjugoi:
#7  July 28, 2018, 03:41:21 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Uhh, I don't want to create another topic, but I'm having trouble with my custom state.
So, the attack hits, P2 enters custom state, I want P2 to be sent flying and then fall to the ground. I coded it normally but there's one problem: for some reason even if I set a gravity or a veladd code with trigger = 1, the player only falls after some time (about 12 ticks).

I'll put the code here just in case.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I put VelAdd on the next state P2 enters too and it works well, in case you're wondering. The problem is in this state. I also tried to make the state physic = A and still not working.
#8  July 28, 2018, 03:54:09 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Nothing seems to be wrong there, so the problem might be external.  Are there any bindings going on or something?
#9  July 28, 2018, 04:13:18 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
No bind, just a normal hit. P2 just flies straight for some time...
EDIT: Should I use p2stateno in the hitdef or targetstate? I just saw that they have different behavior. Using p2stateno worked but I had to use different numbers on velset, and I heard isn't good to use p2stateno (can't remember exactly why)...
Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 06:11:07 pm by DeathScythe
#10  July 28, 2018, 07:26:19 pm
  • Sr. Símio Enfermo
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/people/Manson-Rees/100027897993934
Use persistent = 0 in your TargetState.
#11  July 28, 2018, 07:32:50 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org