YesNoOk

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Sprites (Read 56095 times)

Started by aokmaniac13, March 03, 2014, 06:10:03 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Sprites
#21  March 03, 2014, 09:01:20 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
OMG, and just when I was updating my Shuma-Gorath, I feel like in Christmas again :D thank you very much aok!!

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#22  March 03, 2014, 09:04:07 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Is there a difference between the arcade and the console sprites?

Exactly. For instance, I would reiterate this question as What's the difference between this and Kong's rips??
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#23  March 03, 2014, 09:16:00 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Better palette optimization, and Kong's sprites apparently had many sprites that were off axis.

EDIT:
I've also noticed that many of these packs have sprites that weren't used in MVC2.  Most notably the CotA characters have their original game-specific gethits.  I'm not able to check if they're full sets and just had certain frames removed when the game displayed them, ala Kenji from Capcom Fighting Jam(where only particular frames were displayed even though all of his frames were in the game).

Pretty neat.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:28:04 pm by Hoshi
#24  March 03, 2014, 09:55:45 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Better palette optimization, and Kong's sprites apparently had many sprites that were off axis.

Interesting. So they're pretty much the same thing/size but a little optimized, I.E. axis is better??

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#25  March 03, 2014, 11:11:59 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
A good chunk of kong's rips suffered from incorrect pal mapping. This was especially obvious on his ruby heart.

EDIT: it's also the reason why my doom's chair is blue.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#26  March 03, 2014, 11:45:17 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
A good chunk of kong's rips suffered from incorrect pal mapping. This was especially obvious on his ruby heart.

AH HAH!! That's what I was also curious about. Thanks for clarifying. I need Ruby Heart, Sentinel and Strider in that case. :2thumbsup:

#27  March 04, 2014, 01:59:19 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Upon closer inspection, it looks like effect palette offsets are handled differently in the majority of cases here, as opposed to CVS2 and CFJ where errors like this were pretty much limited to just Kenji.

Although I have to say personally, this is probably an improvement.
As usual, you can fix this manually or wait for me to fix it since the palette separation is intact regardless of the color shown.
#28  March 10, 2014, 02:38:16 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Great rips. :)

Is it not possible to rip Jin without the fire effects on his normals?
#29  March 10, 2014, 04:35:52 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
I assume its the same deal I mentioned with Hayato's blade.  We may have to consult MVC1 for the sprites that you mentioned. I have a feeling Capcom condensed the workload by combining effects with the character sprites.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#30  March 11, 2014, 02:53:09 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
KoopaKoot I can do it, but don't blame me if you regret it
#31  March 30, 2014, 03:23:59 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Sorry for the late reply, but I'd like to say awesome rips. The palette remaping is going to help a ton.