YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734341 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#821  October 10, 2018, 06:17:29 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Chrom is stealing Robin's theme.  gg
#822  October 12, 2018, 03:30:13 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
here's today's fighter about my favorite final evolution starter pokemon in generation 6 because it's important:

Today's Fighter
#50: Greninja
A ninja-like fighter that battles with moves like the Water Shuriken. Greninja can use a log for clever counterattacks, and this Pokémon can even stick to walls. During its Final Smash, it turns into Ash-Greninja...!?

so what that means is that mat block will be changed and i'm gonna be surprised once that happens. hopefully they'll showcase it during a smash direct

also if you're wondering what's changed for greninja in smash ultimate other than its final smash changing here it is:

As with all veterans returning from SSB4, Greninja's model features a slightly more subdued color scheme.
Like all characters, Greninja's jumpsquat animation now takes three frames to complete.
Greninja has a new down tilt: a downward sweep with its left hand. It launches at a more upward angle, improving its combo potential.
Dash attack has an altered animation: Greninja no longer does a full spin, now only stopping half way.
Greninja now uses water kunais instead of water blades for its up smash, similar to Ash's Greninja in the anime.
Shadow Sneak has a new animation when used. The attacking part of the move is a forward kick instead.
The "eyes" of Greninja's shadow when using Shadow Sneak flash just before release, making it easier for opponents to predict and work around the attack.
Substitute has more vibrant particles when activated.
Substitute activates faster, allowing for an easier hit.
#823  October 12, 2018, 04:05:05 am
  • Was it something I said?
I would imagine Ash-Greninja would be nearly the same as Ragnacroak (yes, I am calling it that) from the last game, since they said Transforming characters from the previous games have been removed or reworked.
#824  October 12, 2018, 01:37:51 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I'm more surprised they would openly acknowledge the anime with Ash in the same vicinity of the Pokémon Trainer/Red.  Due to how much they've split since initial conception and being practically the same person once.  Yeah, I guess Sun/Moon did it as well, but as a bonus sort of DLC thing by playing the demo, not just part of the main game.

Though I think the anime had trophies in previous Smash titles if I recall correctly, so I guess it's not so farfetched.  Just...odd.
#825  October 12, 2018, 07:19:27 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Now here's the big question: because of Ash-Greninja, could Ash Ketchum himself end up making a cameo appearance?
#826  October 12, 2018, 07:35:45 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Satoshi
#827  October 15, 2018, 02:39:11 am
    • Mexico
I'm more surprised they would openly acknowledge the anime with Ash in the same vicinity of the Pokémon Trainer/Red.  Due to how much they've split since initial conception and being practically the same person once.  Yeah, I guess Sun/Moon did it as well, but as a bonus sort of DLC thing by playing the demo, not just part of the main game.

Though I think the anime had trophies in previous Smash titles if I recall correctly, so I guess it's not so farfetched.  Just...odd.

Misty had a trophy in Melee with her anime design:
#828  October 15, 2018, 03:16:09 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
anyway after they talked about greninja, here's another today's fighter, shulk from xenoblade chronicles:

Today's Fighter
#57: Shulk
He is the only fighter that can change his status during battle. His sword, the Monado, allows him to switch between five modes—Jump, Speed, Shield, Buster and Smash—which change his abilities for a short time. Fun fact: Shulk's eighth color variation puts him in a pair of swimming trunks!
#829  October 15, 2018, 03:28:48 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Looks like a photoshopped Little Mac to me.
#830  October 15, 2018, 04:18:36 am
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
this website is stupid
#831  October 15, 2018, 05:44:48 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
That's Little Mac's brother, Big Cheese.
#832  October 17, 2018, 03:09:19 am
    • USA
This week's song is Flash Man Stage from Mega Man 2 arranged by Keiichi Okabe, the lead composer for the Nier series and HOLY SHIT it is goooooooooooood.

Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 03:16:13 am by Person Man
#833  October 17, 2018, 04:29:38 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
#834  October 17, 2018, 04:40:13 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#835  October 22, 2018, 03:53:38 am
    • USA
Today's update was the character overview for Luigi, and while the gameplay video's the same as it ever was, the blog post reveals that he now uses the Poltergust for his throws.  Which is awesome!  People have been wanting him to use some Luigi's Mansion tech in Smash forever, and making it his throw is the perfect way to do it without having to complete retool his moveset.  I can't wait to see how it functions.
#836  October 22, 2018, 03:55:30 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
awesome i can't wait for the game to come out just so i can see the final smashes they haven't showed to us yet
#837  October 22, 2018, 08:32:37 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
....like who's?
#838  October 22, 2018, 10:05:38 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Robin's comes to mind now that Chrom is playable. Although it's likely going to be Triforce Slash, some people believe Young Link's might be something new. They also mentioned Greninja now transforms into Ash-Greninja, but I imagine it's the same as his previous one on a fundamental level, unless they make it a Shinku Hadoken but with that giant Water Shuriken :P

Short answer: basically anyone whose Final Smash wasn't shown during their character trailer.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#839  October 22, 2018, 10:50:32 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Yup, Robin's.
Now that Chrom is playable, what's become of his Final Smash? 
Did they replace Chrom with someone else to make it similar?
Does he use his signature move Ignis? (Like how Chrom has Aether)
Or does he now use a certain spoiler move from Awakening?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Interesting to see that they're changing Luigi's grab to use the poltergust, especially since he was a grappler in Smash 4.
I can see this change either boosting Luigi's grab game, or possibly breaking it depending on how well this gets implemented into his kit.  If this turns out to be a nerf, Luigi might need to shift playstyles.
#840  October 23, 2018, 03:44:27 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
today's blog is here:

Today's Item
Pokémon: Ditto
Ditto will transform into the fighter who threw the Poké Ball when joining the fight. After the transformation, Ditto will have the exact same abilities as the original fighter!

in the games ditto can transform into a pokemon a trainer sent out, here whenever a fighter that has ditto being sent out it transforms into a fighter itself