YesNoOk

Guilty Gear XX Bloodshed Type OD+ (Read 64428 times)

Started by VGames, May 16, 2017, 01:32:22 am
Share this topic:
Guilty Gear XX Bloodshed Type OD+
New #1  May 16, 2017, 01:32:22 am
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
Guilty Gear XX Bloodshed Type OD+ Feature List:

Blood and Gore Features:

Blood spouts and lands on the floor when characters are hit by their opponent's weapon.
Blood splats disappear when created by normal, special, and hyper attacks after a few seconds.
Blood splats stay permanently when created by a Destroyed 1 Hit Kill attack on the deciding round.
Characters with explosive Destroyed 1 Hit Kill Attacks will cause their victims to explode into messy chunks ( MK Style ).
Characters with fiery Destroyed 1 Hit Kill Attacks will cause their victims to stay on fire after death with fire and smoke FX.
Characters with electrical Destroyed 1 Hit Kill Attacks will leave their victims with electrical FX.

Multiple Stage Fatalities.

The ability to kill your enemy by simply finishing them with a standing or crouching hard slash/attack.

Screenpack Features:
Borrowed the intro, assets, and inspiration from the GGXrd Screenpack made by MustardSeedComics and Ralfab.
Custom Main Menu, Options, Character Select, VS, Victory, and Gameover Screens with a lot of moving parts.
GGXrd Life bar, Fight art, and power bar created by Rayzo and edited by me.
Added Ending scenes for each character.
Added lots of visual art content from GGXrd.

This is the final frame of the intro. The "Press a Button" flashes on and off until you actually press a button. Then you are taken to the main menu screen.

All of the gears and chains are animated except for the gears attached to the top and bottom metal borders. The lava also flows to the left behind the grating. As you select different game modes the picture on the monitor will change according to what you have selected.

Every gear is animated except for the big gear in the center of the screen and the gears attached to the top metal border. The lava flows to the right and the fire is of course animated. When it's time to select a stage a monitor will appear and it will display the stage you currently have selected.

The gears in the background rotate and the fire is animated. Huge metal doors open up to reveal all of this as the VS screen is activated. The lava flows to the right.

All gears rotate.

Stages:
Mostly typical stages for GGXX characters downloaded from The Mugen Archive with added FX such as fog or smoke and also lighting overlays.
Edited some stages to accompany Mugen's limitations such as a lack of having water effects when characters are walking in water.
Used 2 edited stages from GGI for Testament and the Robo-Ky Ambush Mini Game.
All stages were edited to allow the Mugen 1.1 zoom feature to work properly and also allow for some high flying action.
Stages also have added sound effects to bring more immersion to the atmosphere.

Music Features:
All music for stages and the screenpack are included and may come from GGX, GGXX, GGI, or GGXrd.

Character Roster:
All characters by muteki have been stripped of their ridiculously hard AI and use the default Mugen difficulty system.
All characters come from muteki except for Robo-Ky ( 1 on 1 version ) who comes from Ukege and Leopaldon who was made by Kurogane.
Robo-ky was edited to include all features from muteki's characters.
Order Sol is a secret character on the character select screen.
Added a new giant boss fight right before you take on Justice. Thanks to Dronekiller for the creation.

Official Gameplay Tutorial Trailer:

Enjoy this creation and feel free to ask questions and give feedback.

ModDB Homepage:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/guilty-gear-xx-bloodshed

Primary Download Link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/guilty-gear-xx-bloodshed/downloads/guilty-gear-xx-bloodshed-type-od
Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 05:13:14 pm by VGames
Re: Guilty Gear XX Bloodshed version 1.0
#2  May 16, 2017, 11:27:59 am
Even without ReShade, I have a problem running the game. After the logos, I get black screen which remains waaaay too long and when I try to exit the game, not only that it becomes unresponsive, it also causes a considerable slowdown! It is the first time I experience this kind of torture with MUGEN, so I guess it's shift+delete for me. According to screenshots and videos, the project seems to be very interesting, but I can't give you any feedback. Sorry.
#3  May 16, 2017, 02:29:49 pm
    • USA
After the logos the intro will start. Give it some time. Do you have a low end PC because it takes a bit to run on my PC and I can play the latest games at decent settings. Just be patient with it. When you start pressing buttons it only causes more trouble.

You can also skip the intro by going into the system.cns file inside of the data folder and then place a ";" in front of the "intro =" line at the top of the file with a simple text editor like notepad.
#4  May 16, 2017, 02:53:18 pm
Well, I do have a "toaster", but that toaster can run GG Xrd, for example, and the loading time is not ridiculously long. Besides, I thought MUGEN didn't have high system requirements.
#5  May 16, 2017, 03:52:50 pm
    • USA
Well there's a difference between a AAA well polished fighting game engine that utilizes system resources properly and an old free to use fighting game engine that does not use system resources properly. This leads to increased load times when using big file sizes such as the large intro SFF file that's in GGXXBS. It'll run fine on your PC but the load time for the intro may be lengthy for some. Be patient with it. It'll load. Expect some extended load times with stages too. Any full on HD game made with Mugen will have these issues. Mugen just doesn't use a PC's hardware properly.
#6  May 16, 2017, 04:51:21 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
I'll try .... the game seems very good
#7  May 16, 2017, 05:46:48 pm
    • USA
Thanks. Let me know what you think.
#8  May 16, 2017, 09:46:15 pm
Well, third time's a charm, they say. After skipping intro, the game runs fine, apart from varying pre-battle loading times, occasional slowdowns at the beginning of the round and dust combos being performed off-screen (why doesn't the camera move?). But, I love the fact that co-op mode is actually better than the one in Isuka and that everything else is pretty much like ASW's doing + GORE! on top of that. :)
#9  May 16, 2017, 11:17:39 pm
    • USA
Yeah the camera moving up higher like it should will be fixed in the next release. I would have had to go through almost every stage and add to them so that they could all go way up in the air. Most of them cannot go up that high. I guess that's how they were ported over to Mugen. I wanted to get something out so that'll have to wait till next time. Glad you enjoy it so far.

Expect a lot of stage fatalities in the next release too.
#10  May 16, 2017, 11:32:09 pm
    • Mexico
    • rokksoftware.blogspot.com
 :D Excelent!, downloading...
#11  May 22, 2017, 12:09:52 am
    • USA
So has anybody made a complete play through yet? Feedback is needed.
#12  May 22, 2017, 12:49:58 am
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
Wow looks amazing and heavy! hahaha. I'll try for sure.
To be honest I never played Guilty Gear before, I just heard of it.
Anyway congrats for your work!
#13  May 22, 2017, 03:32:44 am
    • USA
Hope you enjoy it. Give any feedback you have.

And also watch the gameplay tutorial in the OP since you've never played the series. It helps a lot.
#14  May 27, 2017, 11:10:26 pm
    • USA
Any feedback? Or is the game so flawless there are no words to describe it? :P
#15  June 13, 2017, 12:50:20 am
    • USA
The first patch for GGXXBS has been uploaded to the ModDB homepage. The link is in the OP or you can click here to go right to the patch's page:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/guilty-gear-xx-bloodshed/downloads/guilty-gear-xx-bloodshed-version-15-patch1

This patch fixes the stages' camera settings and reworks all of the stage DEF files and a lot of the stage SFF files to allow the camera to follow the characters high into the air during air jumps and high flying air combos. Just like in the actual Guilty Gear games. Also all stages have been optimized and now take the same amount of time to load up. So no more long load times. Enjoy. Feedback is needed.
Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:58:48 am by vgames
Re: Guilty Gear XX Bloodshed version 1.5
#16  June 13, 2017, 03:51:57 pm
  • It's time to fly...
    • USA
    • Skype - suburban-gamer
Great thank you for the release and keep up the good work

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. - Henry Ford
#17  June 13, 2017, 04:19:42 pm
    • USA
Thank you. I'll be taking a short break from this project. When I get back to it I'll start implementing the stage fatalities.

Also if anybody is interested in helping out with making custom death sprites please speak up. I want to add more diverse death animations to the 1 Hit Kill moves such as having the characters' upper torso completely explode leaving their legs or having the characters get cut in half. Things like that. I'll probably implement this as well along with the stage fatalities for the next big version 2.0 patch.
#18  August 02, 2017, 04:58:16 pm
    • USA
I've been working on the project again. So far I've figured out a way to add ambient sound effects to the stages that play in the back ground separate from the actual stage music. It's pretty cool hearing rain fall as Power Metal plays in the background on stages such as Justice's Heaven stage. So that's going on right now.

I want to add stage fatalities still but I've been hearing they don't work very well when in team 2 on 2 fights. Because there is no way to pause player 3 and 4. Is this true? I can't have characters continue to fight during a stage fatality. I allow it during the 1 hit kill moves but it won't look right since I wanted some of the stage fatalities to take the victim somewhere off stage. My son and I play together in team coop arcade all the time so removing the ability to have 2 on 2 matches for stage fatalities is out of the question.

Also is there a way to make body parts such as arms or legs have the same palette as the character that they're spawned from? I don't want the arms or legs or head to have to use the default palette color such as palette 1 of a character when the character was using palette 3 or something.
#19  August 02, 2017, 09:58:11 pm
    • USA
By the way does the Reshade work for everybody that can use Reshade with Mugen 1.1? Or is there an error message?
#20  October 10, 2017, 10:04:38 pm
    • USA
Well I've been back at it again adding some more finishers. I wanted to make a simple addition to the killing move roster for all characters that would allow a player to kill an enemy by simply using the Hard Slash button which is button B to finish off an enemy. So if you use your character's hard slash while standing still, crouching, or pressing forward or back and your enemy is in the standing position to end the match you will be rewarded with a Sam Sho style blood geyser finisher. It makes the "Shhhhhhh" sound and leaves buckets of blood on the floor. The blood sprays in whatever direction that specific attack makes blood fly. This will only work with Hard Slash attacks that actually spill your enemies blood. For other characters such as Potemkin who don't spill blood with his Hard Slash attacks I'm gonna figure out another finisher for him. Maybe I'll make the enemy fly across the room and smash into the wall like the big guys make their victims do in Sam Sho games. More to come.
#21  October 18, 2017, 10:04:12 pm
    • USA
Ok all SamSho style blood spraying kills are intact. Now I'm adding death animations for characters that don't spill blood when they attack with their hard slashes. Potemkin already has his first move intact. He sends his enemy flying into the wall when he finishes them with his hard slash attack which is actually a huge straight double punch. It works great. Expect more like this for other characters that don't use blade weapons but deliver strong solid punches or kicks when u press the hard slash button with them.
#22  October 23, 2017, 10:38:51 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - layanorsmind
    • https://www.unitedbygames.net/
How hard is it to readd the AI into the characters. After playing the game, there's not much reason to play again when the characters don't do anything to teach me how they work.
#23  October 24, 2017, 02:16:46 pm
    • USA
Enabling their AI will only frustrate you to death if you've never used muteki's GGXX characters. But simply going into their def file and removing the ";" in front of the line of code that calls on their AI file will do the trick. Good luck. You'll need it.

First stage fatality implemented on Eddie's Hell stage. You can send your enemy flying into the huge vortex in the background by using a standing Dust attack to win the round. 
#24  October 24, 2017, 02:52:11 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Enabling their AI will only frustrate you to death if you've never used muteki's GGXX characters. But simply going into their def file and removing the ";" in front of the line of code that calls on their AI file will do the trick. Good luck. You'll need it.

First stage fatality implemented on Eddie's Hell stage. You can send your enemy flying into the huge vortex in the background by using a standing Dust attack to win the round. 

You could of turned off aicheat inside the mugen cfg I believe instead
Of modifying each chars cmd
#25  October 24, 2017, 03:35:41 pm
    • USA
No disabling aicheat didn't work. The AI was still active.

But I didn't edit the CMD's. I had to comment out the call for the AI state file in each of the character's DEF files. It was very easy to do and it would be very easy to enable again. Maybe after I finish this big version 2 update I'll make a patch to turn the muteki AI back on for the characters. A simple drag and drop and overwrite kind of patch.
#26  October 24, 2017, 04:08:40 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
No disabling aicheat didn't work. The AI was still active.

But I didn't edit the CMD's. I had to comment out the call for the AI state file in each of the character's DEF files. It was very easy to do and it would be very easy to enable again. Maybe after I finish this big version 2 update I'll make a patch to turn the muteki AI back on for the characters. A simple drag and drop and overwrite kind of patch.

Oh ok those must have been winmugen chars if the Ai was
Coded like that, just add scaleable AI mugen 1.0 style
#27  October 24, 2017, 04:16:28 pm
    • USA
Yeah they were all Winmugen characters originally but they were ported over to Mugen 1.0. Wouldn't they already have the scaleable Mugen 1.0 AI? I really don't know much about AI coding.
#28  October 24, 2017, 08:13:47 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Yeah they were all Winmugen characters originally but they were ported over to Mugen 1.0. Wouldn't they already have the scaleable Mugen 1.0 AI? I really don't know much about AI coding.

Coding AI is just adding extra commands in the cmd file underneath all player commands,
You code them just like you would any other attack except you dont put commands
Like "command = "butts" you would add in the triggers when an AI can do those certain moves
#29  October 24, 2017, 08:25:55 pm
    • USA
Oh ok I understand kind of. I need to look at it more I guess. How would you make it scaleable? Like add triggers for AiLevel that would allow certain moves to be used?
#30  October 25, 2017, 12:58:01 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Oh ok I understand kind of. I need to look at it more I guess. How would you make it scaleable? Like add triggers for AiLevel that would allow certain moves to be used?
Take a look how it looks on a char with Ai you'll see a line that says
Random, that's the percentage of the time the char will perform the action
Depending on the mugen Ai level and of course the triggers you give him
For example something only being done when you x amount of distance or
After a certain attack for combos
#31  October 25, 2017, 02:34:03 pm
    • USA
Yeah I noticed that stuff. I read through the AIlevel state controller info and saw that it can be coupled with random to do what you said. And you're right about the distance too.

I'll see what I can do. I'd like to get that included in the next release. But it may have to wait. We'll see. I might just use muteki's AI code and dial it back a bit to make it less annoying. I think that would help speed up the process if I used his AI as a base.

Thanks for the tips.
#32  August 20, 2018, 03:02:42 pm
    • USA
Just released a huge update at ModDB. Go there to get the latest build of Guilty Gear XX Bloodshed.
Re: Guilty Gear XX Bloodshed Type OD+
#33  August 21, 2018, 03:24:17 pm
    • USA
OP updated with latest content.