YesNoOk

Optimus Prime and Samus Reloaded BETAs - Vote for Prime's CSP! (Read 11483 times)

Started by Varia31, December 24, 2017, 04:19:04 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Which CSP should be used for Optimus Prime?

Prime A
2 (22.2%)
Prime B
6 (66.7%)
Prime C
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Optimus Prime and Samus Reloaded BETAs - Vote for Prime's CSP!
#1  December 24, 2017, 04:19:04 pm
  • Aliit ori'shya tal'din.
    • USA
    • variathehunter@yahoo.com
    • youtube.com/user/Varia31
I'm back everyone! And I come bearing gifts.

Optimus Prime (BETA)

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nr4bn2x69z4oi84/Optimus%20Prime%20Beta.zip?dl=0

Optimus Prime is made to feel large and powerful. He hits quite hard, but to balance his power, he is rather slow, and can struggle against short characters.

Spoiler: "Optimus Prime's moveset" (click to see content)

Spoiler: "What needs to be added to Optimus Prime" (click to see content)

Samus Reloaded (BETA)

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zg1vl0xhqg3b0t4/Samus%20Reloaded%20Beta.zip?dl=0

Samus moves relatively quick, and she uses a new system that makes her vastly different from my original Samus: her style of combat changes depending on range. She uses beam weapons at a distance, and switches to melee when close enough.

Spoiler: "Samus Aran's Moveset" (click to see content)

Spoiler: "What needs to be added to Samus" (click to see content)

So yes, everyone. I hope you enjoy these BETAs! Being that the characters are still in development, now is the time to critique and let me know what could be changed or tweaked, and what I could add. Unlike my last two creations, I am striving to make these characters as balanced and free of infinites as I possibly can so that they can be enjoyed by everyone. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!

I know some might be wondering what happened to Diddy Kong... well don't worry. He's still being worked on. I actually started to redo some of his animations and improve his combos recently. I will try to update you all soon!

Happy holidays, everyone!

UPDATE 1/11/2018
I have put progress on Samus on hold for the time being, as Optimus is the one I am most actively working on! He is actually nearing completion! If you have any feedback about him, now is the time to speak up! All that's really left is his Hypers and AI, and he only has at least 2 Hypers left. He has 3 already!

I have a question for you all as well: Which CSP would you prefer to see most for the character? I am providing three choices here. Whichever one gets the most votes will be the final version! Please let me know in the comments what CSP you think works best: either Prime A, Prime B, or Prime C.

Prime A

Prime B

Prime C
Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:38:37 pm by Varia31
Re: Two BETAs! Optimus Prime and Samus Reloaded
#2  December 24, 2017, 04:37:02 pm
Very impressive. Great work.
#3  December 25, 2017, 05:18:31 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
#4  December 25, 2017, 06:48:23 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Amazing, Despite being a 3D character Optimus doesn´t really stand out much compared with HD or HR characters.
The coloring and frames are pretty good.

May also ask, What version of Prime is this one? I kinda gonna need Some artwork for the screenpack i use (yes, hes a keeper so far)
#5  December 25, 2017, 10:36:58 pm
    • USA
Amazing, Despite being a 3D character Optimus doesn´t really stand out much compared with HD or HR characters.
The coloring and frames are pretty good.

May also ask, What version of Prime is this one? I kinda gonna need Some artwork for the screenpack i use (yes, hes a keeper so far)

Ah, yes. Thanks! When I make my 3D characters I use a celshaded lighting effect when animating so that my 3D characters more or less "blend-in" with traditional sprites a bit better. Sure, you can tell it's a model, but I think the effect makes it less obvious.

As for what Optimus this is, it's just the classic Generation 1 Optimus Prime. The model itself comes from a DLC skin that Optimus had in the game "Transformers: Fall of Cybertron." If you want some official game art, there's this: https://assets.vg247.com/current//2012/05/G1-Optimus-Prime-render_GameStop.png
Or this: https://barricade24.deviantart.com/art/Optimus-Prime-G1-ROTDS-Robot-682481961

Or there's more traditional artwork. http://www.imgderp.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/41/2012/04/Optimus_Prime_by_Don_Figueroa.jpg

Just some recommendations!
#6  December 26, 2017, 02:08:30 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
Very cool. Thanks for the beta. I still wish to see some Smash Bros moves in your Samus like her split kick, extended grapple beam, Massive super beam, and anti-air cannon blast. I will say now that we are hitting 2018 these need Hi-res hit sparks for the final release in my opinion.
Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 02:18:25 am by ReduxMercenaryT
#7  December 26, 2017, 02:28:27 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Wow!  I really like the way the sprites look.

Gameplay looks great AWESOME too!

Congrats on the releases!

Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 02:32:25 am by altoiddealer
#8  December 26, 2017, 03:29:30 am
    • USA
Very cool. Thanks for the beta. I still wish to see some Smash Bros moves in your Samus like her split kick, extended grapple beam, Massive super beam, and anti-air cannon blast. I will say now that we are hitting 2018 these need Hi-res hit sparks for the final release in my opinion.

I appreciate the suggestions! The split kick, maybe, but I wasn't planning to add the Zero Laser or other Smash Bros. moves, really. I'm wanting my Samus to be more accurate to her source material. She will have a grapple beam move, though. And yeah, I could try higher res hitsparks.
#9  January 11, 2018, 07:46:30 am
    • USA
BUMP (forgive the double post, but this is a semi-important update)

UPDATE 1/11/2018
I have put progress on Samus on hold for the time being, as Optimus is the one I am most actively working on! He is actually nearing completion! If you have any feedback about him, now is the time to speak up! All that's really left is his Hypers and AI, and he only has at least 2 Hypers left. He has 3 already!

I have a question for you all as well: Which CSP would you prefer to see most for the character? I am providing three choices here. Whichever one gets the most votes will be the final version!  Please let me know in the comments what CSP you think works best: either Prime A, Prime B, or Prime C.

Prime A

Prime B

Prime C
Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:38:12 pm by Varia31
Re: Optimus Prime and Samus Reloaded BETAs - Vote for Prime's CSP!
#10  January 11, 2018, 03:25:13 pm
    • USA
B
#11  January 11, 2018, 04:07:38 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
B, but make his body more red it looks pinkish in this one for some reason

#12  January 11, 2018, 05:39:20 pm
    • USA
#13  January 23, 2018, 04:34:00 pm
    • USA
Added an official poll to the topic. Be sure and leave a vote!
#14  February 24, 2018, 07:11:09 am
    • USA
Just a quick update, Optimus is nearing completion! Just two Hypers left, and his AI. I'm excited for you guys to be able to play with him in his entirety!
#15  February 24, 2018, 09:42:35 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
This is gonna sound a "BIT" weird or questionable for balance in gameplay BUT there is a possibility of a Patch/ALT version with a YX scale of around 0.31+? I mean looks fine and all but a bit "too small" (or atleast compared to expectation) in-game.

Asides from that? No real complain here, guess you are aiming for some short of Marvel VS capcom gameplay?

#16  February 25, 2018, 06:56:39 am
    • USA
This is gonna sound a "BIT" weird or questionable for balance in gameplay BUT there is a possibility of a Patch/ALT version with a YX scale of around 0.31+? I mean looks fine and all but a bit "too small" (or atleast compared to expectation) in-game.

Asides from that? No real complain here, guess you are aiming for some short of Marvel VS capcom gameplay?

I wasn't planning on an upscaled patch, to be honest. I could try if you really want me to, but as he is right now, all of his attacks and properties are built around his current scale. I tried upscaling him to your suggestion XY scale just to see what he would look like, and he is quite large. Like, almost boss size. If I make a patch like this though, it would be after release once he's had proper time to settle in with the public. As he is right now, he isn't much shorter than Omega Supreme's Transformers characters. He's like a head shorter, give or take.
#17  February 25, 2018, 08:52:08 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
I wasn't planning on an upscaled patch, to be honest. I could try if you really want me to, but as he is right now, all of his attacks and properties are built around his current scale. I tried upscaling him to your suggestion XY scale just to see what he would look like, and he is quite large. Like, almost boss size. If I make a patch like this though, it would be after release once he's had proper time to settle in with the public. As he is right now, he isn't much shorter than Omega Supreme's Transformers characters. He's like a head shorter, give or take.

Sounds fine to me, no hurry at all and it´s a minor thing (that i can´t edit because reasons).

I´m of those wierd ones that runs Mugen 1.1 with HD, localcoords, zoom all over so he doesn´t really look so different than most "Big" chars for me.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#18  February 26, 2018, 04:26:43 pm
    • USA
Sounds fine to me, no hurry at all and it´s a minor thing (that i can´t edit because reasons).

I´m of those wierd ones that runs Mugen 1.1 with HD, localcoords, zoom all over so he doesn´t really look so different than most "Big" chars for me.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Ohhhhhh. That explains that. I use MUGEN 1.0 with average size characters, so Optimus already looks larger than most of my roster. I see what you're going for now. He appears a bit small for your roster, then, correct? Judging by that pic with Broly, that is.
#19  February 26, 2018, 08:41:02 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Ohhhhhh. That explains that. I use MUGEN 1.0 with average size characters, so Optimus already looks larger than most of my roster. I see what you're going for now. He appears a bit small for your roster, then, correct? Judging by that pic with Broly, that is.

Yeah basically.
It looks kinda "OFF" in a really really superficial way (yeah, graphics) when you think what/who this char is.
It doesn´t look so big with how someone ´s regular "HD mugen" due the larger display area.

It´s not really a deal breaker, char gonna play good from what i see you are aiming so far AND it´s literally something would fix myself for "my own mugen"
if i knew what the hell i´m doing (Only know how to fix super BGs basically, so far) so yeah, if is possible for a Patch later in the future then THANKS but if it´s not then i understand.