YesNoOk

Yang Xiao Long v1.05 (Read 53860 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 17, 2018, 06:40:54 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Yang Xiao Long
#21  August 18, 2018, 08:33:55 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
very good your character but some of his movements need more speed and some hits less time in the hit pause, in the game the characters run do not walk forward except and some characters like jubei when done 2 times forward makes a jump or izayou you can use your "flight mode" as in the central fiction, I recommend you increase the speed a little to run and use the same value to walk

I wasn't going for total source accuracy here. In this gameplay style, Yang has been given a few moves that can only be done while running, so I would imagine that making her walk visually and functionally the same as her run would make things a little confusing. Although, I do think her run could use a little more speed, and some of the hit stun could use some tweaking.
Re: Yang Xiao Long
#22  August 19, 2018, 12:22:10 am
    • USA
Apologies for the double post, but Yang has received another small update.

- General movement speed has been given a slight increase
- Tweaked the hit stun and pause times on some of her moves
- Both of her distortion drives and her astral heat are actually punishable on block now

Go ahead and download her again if you have done so already
Re: Yang Xiao Long v1.02
#23  August 19, 2018, 02:57:18 am
    • Argentina
I wasn't going for total source accuracy here. In this gameplay style, Yang has been given a few moves that can only be done while running, so I would imagine that making her walk visually and functionally the same as her run would make things a little confusing. Although, I do think her run could use a little more speed, and some of the hit stun could use some tweaking.
something similar to naoto kurogane?
I already test this update and it lacks some improvements in some attacks for example the ex version of its special Firecraker and Bottle Rocket the projectile makes 2 hits, another thing that I notice is that it needs to improve its "burst mode" (I do not know what that skill really is when you have 30% of life left or less xD)  since they change the properties of many of her attacks to start all his normal attacks where she use the fists (less in the grip) make 2 hits as she uses the bullets in her arms causing them to also fire damage (special attacks also do fire damage and his super also but they do not make 2 blows), their normal projectiles in that mode throw the opponent as in the EX version, their special attack Cold Shoulder in that mode elevates more to the opponent in the air

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 03:01:45 am by k6666orochi
#24  August 19, 2018, 03:18:16 am
    • USA
something similar to naoto kurogane?
I already test this update and it lacks some improvements in some attacks for example the ex version of its special Firecraker and Bottle Rocket the projectile makes 2 hits, another thing that I notice is that it needs to improve its "burst mode" (I do not know what that skill really is when you have 30% of life left or less xD)  since they change the properties of many of her attacks to start all his normal attacks where she use the fists (less in the grip) make 2 hits as she uses the bullets in her arms causing them to also fire damage (special attacks also do fire damage and his super also but they do not make 2 blows), their normal projectiles in that mode throw the opponent as in the EX version, their special attack Cold Shoulder in that mode elevates more to the opponent in the air

No, I mean like in Under Night In Birth and Smash Bros, simply pressing one of the attack buttons while running.

As for semblance mode,
Sunrise, Cold Shoulder, Rising Fire, and jC already have their respective improvements, while unrelenting fire has a new one. I may get around to her normals further down the line.
#25  August 19, 2018, 03:45:39 am
    • Argentina
No, I mean like in Under Night In Birth and Smash Bros, simply pressing one of the attack buttons while running.
As for semblance mode,
Sunrise, Cold Shoulder, Rising Fire, and jC already have their respective improvements, while unrelenting fire has a new one. I may get around to her normals further down the line.
ok :) I was wrong because naoto makes stronger versions of his special attacks when he runs xD
already look at the game and the mode when left with little life is called empowered state xD
Another thing that I forgot to mention is that some sounds are missing from the character I think you can use some of noel vermillion sound effects of it for your special attacks and supers
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 04:11:55 am by k6666orochi
#26  August 19, 2018, 03:57:44 am
    • USA
Yeah, I've gotten used to calling it semblance mode.

Duly noted on the sounds.
#27  August 19, 2018, 11:07:49 am
  • It's Showtime!
    • New Zealand
For your first character, this is very solid. I do hope to see some more characters in a similar style to your Yang in the near future.
#28  August 19, 2018, 11:10:05 am
  • Stage Creator
    • Philippines
Okay, I found some bug that occurs whenever I convert this to 1.1 (I convert my characters to it for reasons).
Whenever I do so, some of the hitsparks just stay at the centerpoint of the stage, like the fire hitspark on the uppercut, Yang's flames during her semblance mode, etc. This always happens whenever i convert her to 1.1 which is odd. If it's also worth noting, my localcoord on Yang is 400 to make her look fine compared to my other characters on my roster.
Also, maybe improve the sounds and forward running animation if you can. I know BBCTB has no running animations but i just found it really odd.

Anyway, besides those aforementioned bug, this Yang is well-made. Hope you improve on her more in the future :)
#29  August 19, 2018, 12:04:41 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Well... I rush to judge and honestly expected this char to not be good... Last time i do that, a pretty simple, fast with wide range of cover.
This is a solid must keep (specialy if you like RWBY or HD anime characters) really impressive and good that get´s updated fast as possible.

Yeah, must say the only minus can mention is the lack of impact on the sound area but that´s minor and even easy to edit.
Thanks for the share.

Okay, I found some bug that occurs whenever I convert this to 1.1 (I convert my characters to it for reasons).
Whenever I do so, some of the hitsparks just stay at the centerpoint of the stage, like the fire hitspark on the uppercut, Yang's flames during her semblance mode, etc. This always happens whenever i convert her to 1.1 which is odd.

This is odd, i use the the Beta Version of 1.1 and converted the SFF to 1.1 32 bits (because custom portraits with fancy stuff) and working perfectly fine outside of the expected background scale issues from the wider screen and localcoords.

#30  August 19, 2018, 12:25:57 pm
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
Well this didn’t take long to be made but good release those
#31  August 19, 2018, 01:57:43 pm
  • Palette Referencer MUSIC is my LYFE
    • USA
I created a few palette for yang, but don't worry I will create more in the future...

Jam Kuradoberi

Blake Belladonna

I-no

Weiss Schnee
[/img]http://imgur.com/PXKjXbP[/img]
#32  August 19, 2018, 06:06:05 pm
    • USA
It's nice to see that Yang has gotten such good reception. Glad you guys like her.

Anyway, since I'm having trouble deciding on who to make next, I have created a poll:

https://www.strawpoll.me/16298375

I'm using straw poll because it seems that the only way for me to make a poll here is to start a new topic, and I'd rather not do that. Also it allows people who are not members to participate.

Whenever I do so, some of the hitsparks just stay at the centerpoint of the stage, like the fire hitspark on the uppercut, Yang's flames during her semblance mode, etc. This always happens whenever i convert her to 1.1 which is odd.

This is odd, i use the the Beta Version of 1.1 and converted the SFF to 1.1 32 bits (because custom portraits with fancy stuff) and working perfectly fine outside of the expected background scale issues from the wider screen and localcoords.

I have run her in 1.1 as well, and did not run into this problem. This may not be relevant, but did not have it set to to OpenGL since I can't run it that way.

I created a few palette for yang, but don't worry I will create more in the future...

These are really neat. I especially like the Jam palette.

#33  August 19, 2018, 06:21:20 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
I have run her in 1.1 as well, and did not run into this problem. This may not be relevant, but did not have it set to to OpenGL since I can't run it that way.

He did try to convert her to 1.1, which most likely caused an issue somewhere in the coding. I put her on 1.1 without converting when I was going to record a match with her and the only thing that was out of place was this http://prntscr.com/kkgifn which is normal when the character isn't made to fit 720p.

Anyway, this is less of feedback and more of a suggestion. How about adding something that shows that the char managed to get a counter hit?
#34  August 19, 2018, 07:40:19 pm
    • USA
He did try to convert her to 1.1, which most likely caused an issue somewhere in the coding. I put her on 1.1 without converting when I was going to record a match with her and the only thing that was out of place was this http://prntscr.com/kkgifn which is normal when the character isn't made to fit 720p.

This is really weird. I didn't do any converting either, and yet this how the super BG looks on my end.

Our settings must be completely different.

Anyway, this is less of feedback and more of a suggestion. How about adding something that shows that the char managed to get a counter hit?

I haven't given any of her moves counter hit properties, but I have thought about adding an indicator just for the heck of it. The question is, considering how she doesn't have a built in announcer voice, what sound effect should I use?
#35  August 19, 2018, 08:06:29 pm
  • Palette Referencer MUSIC is my LYFE
    • USA
From now when you have W.I.P characters I will help you making colors :)
[/img]http://imgur.com/PXKjXbP[/img]
#36  August 19, 2018, 08:19:23 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com

This is really weird. I didn't do any converting either, and yet this how the super BG looks on my end.

Our settings must be completely different.

I haven't given any of her moves counter hit properties, but I have thought about adding an indicator just for the heck of it. The question is, considering how she doesn't have a built in announcer voice, what sound effect should I use?

Ah, so it's probably because I messed with the localcoord.

About the announcer sounds...I can only think of Uniel or Blazblue.
#37  August 19, 2018, 09:13:59 pm
    • USA
#38  August 20, 2018, 12:03:59 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Pretty good for your first character. Nice to see a RWBY character for M.U.G.E.N for the first time.

If you need sound effects, I have a better idea. Instead of using k6666orochi's suggestion and grab them off Noel Vermilion, why not grab them off RWBY: Grimm Eclipse? That game has some accurate sounds from the show and has a wide arrange of voice clips to use from. That way since you aren't going for source accuracy, you aren't restricted from the ones from Blazblue: Cross Tag Battle.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#39  August 20, 2018, 12:28:29 am
    • USA
Pretty good for your first character. Nice to see a RWBY character for M.U.G.E.N for the first time.

If you need sound effects, I have a better idea. Instead of using k6666orochi's suggestion and grab them off Noel Vermilion, why not grab them off RWBY: Grimm Eclipse? That game has some accurate sounds from the show and has a wide arrange of voice clips to use from. That way since you aren't going for source accuracy, you aren't restricted from the ones from Blazblue: Cross Tag Battle.

After watching some videos of her on youtube, it seems the problem is that some of the sound effects are not as loud as they should be, So I think its just a matter of going through the .snd and adjusting the volume on each sound.

As for Grimm Eclipse, the voice files are of noticeably lower quality compared to the ones in Cross Tag. Oddly, thats not the case for GE's sound effects, they are pretty loud and clear, so that's a viable option if things don't work out with the sound effects I'm already using.
#40  August 20, 2018, 04:34:08 pm
  • This looks like a job for... the Caped Avenger!
  • All-Out Gamer and Garfield fan
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/garfieldfan-mugen/home
(Every Undertale and FNAF character in Mugen sucks ass)

Do the names Mega_X and FourthRhyme mean nothing to you?

On topic, I'll redownload her. I didn't have any problems with her when I had her at first.
"Heh. The Garfield strip's funny today."
~Garfield

Sprites in avatar by Wlan Productions