YesNoOk

fight stick or console controller whats your preference  (Read 14104 times)

Started by Memo, November 19, 2016, 09:56:07 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

fight stick or console controller?

fight stick nuff said
5 (15.2%)
umm..controller/pad
10 (30.3%)
keyboard!
18 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Re: fight stick or console controller whats your preference
#41  November 21, 2016, 10:38:23 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
oh I got tagged? Yeah if you're interested in learning stick the first and most important thing tbh isn't even the buttons, it's the movement. That was my big hurdle with fight sticks for the longest time, recently overcome by....well, playing Mega Man X4 (using Zero specifically, he works better with it.)

Any precision/relatively precise platformer is great for this as you're forced to familiarize and get a hang of controlling the character with the stick dynamically and quickly. Though I do believe it's slanted in favor of Mega Man X solely because the dash button and the ability to naturally piano and mobilize yourself without having to switch direction toooo quickly makes it especially good for practice. I'd recommend it!

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#42  November 23, 2016, 12:50:40 am
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
When i play one of the  few fighting games i have on console,well controller of course
but  when on pc especially HDBZ then keyboard,difficult at first but i've overcome this.
I don't know about fighting sticks because i don't use them (i briefly used one at a festival)
Truly,depends on the user and how they see fit.
"Six button characters, i use fight stick for {insert reason}?"  as an example
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
#43  November 25, 2016, 03:33:59 pm
    • Philippines
Tekken's better with pad.

^^ Oh I was just pointing out that the choice would be more flexible if a stick didn't cost so much. When there are devices that get the job done just as well and aren't anywhere near as pricey. Helps that there are actual good pads/keyboards for these kind of games.

If I was playing high level Tekken with on point punishment I'd rather have stick so that if I see a -15 move I can punish it with df2, instead of having it come out a frame later because I accidentally inputted d,df2. It's irrelevant at my level of play though, I can't remember every move that's -15 on block
#44  December 27, 2016, 09:56:08 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
It don't get any better than this fellas, after a lil bit of tinkering with the
Stick it works great now! I fucking love this stick everything about it is
Awesome, will be getting some mods soon, I'm gonna get some sanwa
Buttons and jlf stick and modding it pretty soon. Ill post pics of it when its done!
Shit I also slick want to paint it all black but I like the Namco and ps insignia