YesNoOk

Killer Instinct (XB1 & Windows 10) (Read 759719 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 10, 2013, 07:28:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Killer Instinct (XBONE)
#121  June 14, 2013, 01:31:39 am
  • Fuck You.
spinal had essentially an ex version of his skull projectile, when you use his shield reflect move

fulgore also had 2x and 3x versions of his projectile
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#122  June 14, 2013, 03:39:18 am
yeah, I completely forgot that integral detail... I guess having EX moves has become pretty much a standard in fighting games on a 2D plane but if it´s to keep the classic KI gameplay that´s ok.

I don´t know, I feel it looks too much like SF4... looks great and all but I can´t just recall that detail in my mind everytime.

Why? Because it's a 3D fighting game? WHAT YOU EXPECT.

It's not like they gonna claymation or whatever again
#123  June 14, 2013, 05:21:56 am
    • USA
SF4 is the best fighting game this generation. I'd be pissed if they didn't take tips from Capcom.

GOH

#124  June 14, 2013, 10:41:13 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Full meter from blocking 5 fireballs god dayum
#125  June 18, 2013, 08:13:45 am
    • USA
#126  June 19, 2013, 04:40:08 am
Just couldn't come back on an actual worthwhile system, could it?

Damn licensing issues.

Um, you do realize MS bought out RARE and RARE is actually a part of MS studios right? So of course it's going to be an Xbox one exclusive. They licensed the IP for Double Helix and that is who is taking the reigns.

It would be a cold day in hell before ANY exclusive is given to another platform. Especially their top competition.

I have to say while I'm not impressed with the character design - the mechanics send me back to KI/KI2. So as long as they nail the mechanics, I don't care what the characters look like as I'll be too busy trying to rack up combos and making sure my opponent doesn't own me. I seriously can't wait for this game to come out. I love KI. I still play KI and KI2 to this day!

@Everyone - Ya the character design may be a bit "meh." But who cares? As long as the mechanics are still there, I don't mind at all. Plus a KI is better than NO KI(unless it's downright horrid) considering we have been waiting over 2 decades for a KI3.  Also remember this is Alpha/pre-alpha footage. So don't think everything is set in stone.
#127  June 19, 2013, 04:46:49 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
I don´t care for designs and shit, is freaking XBone exclusive... the world is horrible.
Chilling
#128  June 19, 2013, 04:47:18 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#129  June 19, 2013, 04:59:19 am
About EX moves - Are you guys talking about the Shadow moves? If so those have existed since Killer Instinct 1. So nothing new to the franchise. Hell even the SNES version has the shadow moves still in it. But damn if they aren't hard to pull off. KI2/Gold made them easier. But I imagine this reboot will make them even easier to pull off.

@Everyone - Ya the character design may be a bit "meh." But who cares?
You are absolutely right, who cares? Stick figures are the future.

sarcasm much? But when it comes to any other game people love to say "Screw graphics, as long as the gameplay is fine I don't care." But now all of a sudden because the next-gen is here, people are turning around and retracting the "principle" that has existed this entire generation? ROFL is all I can do/say. Give the console kiddies perrty graphics and NOW they finally say "graphics or GTFO!" When the same crowd did everything in their power to say PC gamers are elitists because we had the "next-gen" graphics when we bragged about it. But now that there's less of a distinction (which btw won't last for long) people now say "Graphics are equal to gameplay."

Gotta love how a new generation of consoles magically turns console folks opinions around.

PS: I do plan on getting both a PS4/Xbox one. Ya I'm not too fond of the Xbox one policies but you know what? Hacks will get around that. Plus I have a stable internet connection. And I RARELY rent or get used games. I either buy full retail or I don't buy the game. But for my net connection, I'm on Fios and my server runs 24/7. So I'm not worried about the connectivity issue. My connection has been on 24/7 for as long as I can remember unless there was a power outage or one of the damn animals knocked the modem around.

SNT

#130  June 19, 2013, 05:05:19 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Um, you do realize MS bought out RARE and RARE is actually a part of MS studios right? So of course it's going to be an Xbox one exclusive. They licensed the IP for Double Helix and that is who is taking the reigns.

Why not PC?

Seriously, they go to great lengths to proclaim games like Titanfall as exclusive when they're getting a PC port too.  Why not give the same treatment to KI?  This is a rhetorical question to which the answer is that Microsoft want to sell Xbox Ones, you don't need to point that out.
#131  June 19, 2013, 05:07:54 am
    • USA
Like Halo, Killer Instinct 3 will come to PC...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#132  June 19, 2013, 05:15:14 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
As a WiiU/PS4/PC guy I ain't even mad about missing out on KI because it looks like absolute ass.
#133  June 19, 2013, 05:24:11 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
sarcasm much?
Wasn't it obvious?

But when it comes to any other game people love to say "Screw graphics, as long as the gameplay is fine I don't care." But now all of a sudden because the next-gen is here, people are turning around and retracting the "principle" that has existed this entire generation? ROFL is all I can do/say. Give the console kiddies perrty graphics and NOW they finally say "graphics or GTFO!" When the same crowd did everything in their power to say PC gamers are elitists because we had the "next-gen" graphics when we bragged about it. But now that there's less of a distinction (which btw won't last for long) people now say "Graphics are equal to gameplay."
Uh, nice strawman? You're straying from the main point and randomly ranting about other things to seem knowledgeable or something. Graphics have little to do with these horrid redesigns (And the gameplay doesn't look very appealing to me, not too mention how clunky the combos look due the general speed and lack of proper transition frames)

And sorry but it's really hard to take seriously someone with an InuYasha avatar who uses "GTFO" and "ROFL" as part of his speech.

For me, this game being a XBONE exclusive is actually good because of
As a WiiU/PS4/PC guy I ain't even mad about missing out on KI because it looks like absolute ass.
This.

#134  June 19, 2013, 09:02:04 pm
    • USA
#135  June 20, 2013, 02:06:09 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#136  June 20, 2013, 05:59:15 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
They did say episodic when it got revealed so I dunno why you sound surprised.
#137  June 20, 2013, 06:06:28 pm
What I understood is
there's a full version
and then there's the demo version with Jago and some packs that come out over time which you can buy to get some more characters, that's the one that's episodic.

We don't even know if everyone will be available in the packs to update the demo version, but regardless, the characters should all be there in the full version.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#138  June 22, 2013, 04:03:40 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So, just a general curiosity, having not played Killer Instinct before, and seeing it's from Rare, do they keep to their tradition of cameo-ing other titles of theirs in this series?

Just curious, as re-playing Banjo-Kazooie: N&B, in it they say that when they finally make the next Killer Instinct title, Bottles is going to guest star.

Obviously, that's a bit excessive, and that was a joke from 5 years ago, but still wondering if I should be on the lookout for a mole with glasses in this somewhere or not.  Wouldn't be the first cameo mentioned in a game many years prior that actually did end up being done anyways.
Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 05:18:21 am by Llong Jjohn Killer
#139  June 22, 2013, 04:09:26 am
  • Fuck You.
they dont share universes
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#140  June 22, 2013, 04:11:43 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Neither do most Rare titles, but you often find Conker, Joanna Dark and Banjo hiding somewhere in each others games.

That's why I'd expect just a small cameo, alt outfit at best, not an actual character like they said.  Would just be weird playing Bottles in this.....(Unless it's Devil Bottles)