YesNoOk

N00BSaibot718 - Custom Noob Saibot WIP POLL UPDATE (Read 37108 times)

Started by Odb718, July 21, 2016, 12:51:24 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

What move(s) should N00B Saibot have?

Disabler: Noob sends out a ghostly fireball which disables the opponent's moves and blocks for free hits.
Hidden Claw: Noob shoots out a spear on a rope at his opponent, dragging them over to him, allowing a free hit.
Confusing Teleport: Noob teleports to the other side of the screen and punches his opponent from behind.
Teleport Slam: Disappearing, then reappearing behind his opponent, he grabs them and slams them on the ground.
Shadow Throw: Noob sends out a shadowy construct that grabs and throws his opponent into the air.
Teleport Attacks: Similar to the Teleport Slam, only he attacks the opponent instead of slamming them.
Blue Fireball: Noob sends out a bluish-white fireball at his opponent.
Shadow Slide: In a nod to his Lin Kuei Slide before his transformation, Noob sends his shadow out in a slide, which trips the opponent.
Air Fireball: From the air, he shoots a fireball down at the opponent.
Dark Assassin: Summoned by Smoke, he tosses shuriken at the opponent. In Armageddon, Noob performs this move without a partner.
We Live: Along with Smoke, the two charge and punch the opponent.
Darkness: Noob Saibot vanishes and reappears at will.
Black Hole: Noob Saibot shoots a dark portal into the air which lands on the ground behind the enemy, they will fall from the sky directly above Noob and receive damage from the drop.
Shadow Charge: Noob Saibot sends one of his shadow clones to tackle his foe.
Saibot Charge: Noob Saibot sends one of his shadow clones to punch the opponent in the face before disintegrating.
Shadow Upknee: Noob Saibot launches his shadow clone in the air, which kicks the opponent away from him.

;x

Re: N00BSaibot718 - Custom Noob Saibot WIP POLL UPDATE
#61  April 14, 2018, 09:35:44 am
    • USA
How do you two feel about doing something small scale with each of the ninjas, though in a more MK inspired format. I’d been wanting to, but not enough to do it solo, I can definitely do my share of work.
#62  April 14, 2018, 11:10:21 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
you mean a full game?

;x

#63  April 14, 2018, 12:06:44 pm
    • USA
Indeed, but with the OG format, four buttons, the works. Gameplay is up to you experts, whatever standard you set, I can follow. I mainly want to work on Sub-Zero & Rain. This ghost ball stuff reminded me how that forceball had us stuck last time.
#64  April 14, 2018, 05:44:06 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
The assets aren't there. There's only really the ninjas. We don't have Raiden or, Shao Khan or any of the other staples from the franchise.
#65  April 15, 2018, 09:41:07 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Personally, I'm completely opposed to a 4 button character. Hell I made my own Maru Maru and Mai to have 6 buttons. MvC2 and up are garbage because of no 6 buttons. The only time it really works is SC or Tekken games. Even then, when mugenized I HAVE to have them 6 buttons. But I like my hitboxes for mugen too.

What was the problem with the Force Ball?
vVv Wheat Stage Released vVv

;x

#66  April 15, 2018, 11:12:33 am
    • USA
When I say 4 buttons I mean traditional attack commands. That is the idea of small scale, use what you’ve got. Just thought it’d be cool to see those sprites combined with a retro mix, can do all the stage fatalities etc. Been a minute, but (not that I’ve tried) attacks that allow you to control player 2. I wanted to learn how, as Shiki has an attack that basically makes player 2 commands reverse. So I’m thinking doing other things can bring about new ideas. Also have you experimented with Fatalities yet? I know you have the brutals, I’ve applied MK project resources to make some before.
#67  May 27, 2018, 03:52:18 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I hadn't given Fatalities any thought. I like them in MK, they just dont seem the same in Mugen.

I'm currently working on N00b and I had a thought that could increase his move set.. sorta.
The Sub Zero/Clone slide, the Run and tackle, and the Up kick are done with A, B, & C. I was thinking about making it so the player could hold the button down and the clone would last longer. N00b would also be stuck in the call pose longer too.
So say you tapped A to do the slide, it'd go just a bit further than a sweep kick. A long hold would send it all the way across the map.
The spear tackle would have to be let go at the right time to spear P2.
And the up kick could be used as an anti-air fireball-spamming move. Right now it only goes half the distance of the screen. So if P2 jumps to the top right corner, if you held the C button down, P2 would get hit.

It's the fact that not a lot of characters use this mechanic. I think a lot of players will never notice this feature. Or like it or utilize it.
vVv Wheat Stage Released vVv
#68  May 27, 2018, 07:42:23 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
you cold always do a portal splat. have Noob cast 2 portals. then have player 2 fall continuously until Noob dismisses the bottom portal and then splat on the ground killing the player.